ADVERTISEMENT

Team chemistry rumor

the reasonable posters are no longer welcome and the gullible/ mongoloids with emotions that resemble menopause I can assure you the rubes eat it up. A Sad world we live in when no one knows wtf they are talking about or responding to.

Last edited:
The failed drug test could have just been speculation on message boards and/or social media which, because it seemed a reasonable assumption, ended up getting passed around as fact. That seems more likely to me than a false rumor started by the athletic department to cover up what really happened as some on here have proposed.
So smoking weed and banging a teammates GF both get 3 game suspensions... Hmm news to me

Reactions: ufo33
So...a guy with 20'ish posts drops this pertinent information like a turd in a punch bowl. Another guy with a post count in the teens corroborates it 20'ish posts and yet another guy with a similar post count claims if was probably perpetrated by coaching staff to distract from a disappointing season. This thread is FUBAR from post number one, and has deteriorated from there.
Hey brother we all have to start somewhere.

Not every one, zeke, just every one that gets your goat. The only reason I threw that last little ditty in there about Joe was because I had just read a headline article on the guy on my AOL feed...something about his hands making someone uncomfortable. Say it ain't so, Joe! It was fresh on my mind when the dude was saying something in the post I answered about the urge that gets people in trouble all the time...Joe had just been staring me in the face. We've all been there...gotten the dirty urge when we should have known better, causing stupid shit to come back to bite us in the ass at a later time. I was just having a little fun and threw that Joe Biden shit in to see if anyone was paying attention. Thank you for noticing. Oh, and I do promise to lay off any conservative way of thinking that may cause you ire, such that your more liberal ways of intolerance call me out publicly every single time until I stop. I shall not allow myself the humiliation of your call outs.

The bottom line is, it's been a crap season and everyone is on edge. We've been reduced to wondering who slept with whom, who punched whom, whose parent said what about whom to upset whomever we wish. Why should I watch the Kardashians with my wife when I have Hoosier.com? What else is there to talk about at this point of the off-season that one can't even throw in a little Joe Biden humor as an off-hand statement without being chastised in front of potentially millions of people. If you can't laugh at the frailty of the human condition, what is it that's so un-amusing in that mirror's image that can't bring even a wry little smile? Take pause tonight when you're brushing your teeth. Look deeply into those eyes and ask yourself what it is I really said.
please stfu ...

thanks.

You meant to say Trump, right? Every single thread, every single one you have to put in your ignorant political views . I’m coming back at you every time until you stop.
Not every one, zeke, just every one that gets your goat. The only reason I threw that last little ditty in there about Joe was because I had just read a headline article on the guy on my AOL feed...something about his hands making someone uncomfortable. Say it ain't so, Joe! It was fresh on my mind when the dude was saying something in the post I answered about the urge that gets people in trouble all the time...Joe had just been staring me in the face. We've all been there...gotten the dirty urge when we should have known better, causing stupid shit to come back to bite us in the ass at a later time. I was just having a little fun and threw that Joe Biden shit in to see if anyone was paying attention. Thank you for noticing. Oh, and I do promise to lay off any conservative way of thinking that may cause you ire, such that your more liberal ways of intolerance call me out publicly every single time until I stop. I shall not allow myself the humiliation of your call outs.

The bottom line is, it's been a crap season and everyone is on edge. We've been reduced to wondering who slept with whom, who punched whom, whose parent said what about whom to upset whomever we wish. Why should I watch the Kardashians with my wife when I have Hoosier.com? What else is there to talk about at this point of the off-season that one can't even throw in a little Joe Biden humor as an off-hand statement without being chastised in front of potentially millions of people. If you can't laugh at the frailty of the human condition, what is it that's so un-amusing in that mirror's image that can't bring even a wry little smile? Take pause tonight when you're brushing your teeth. Look deeply into those eyes and ask yourself what it is I really said.
You spent an awful lot of time on a stupid reply. Once again keep your politics off a basketball forum., bet your mom told you best to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than open it and be proven one.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
You spent an awful lot of time on a stupid reply. Once again keep your politics off a basketball forum., bet your mom told you best to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than open it and be proven one.
Keep my mom off of this basketball forum. Mention mother again and I’ll call you out on it each and every time. What do you take me for, a momma’s boy? Mom would be very disappointed in you, as her son. Why, just the other day, mother dearest....

Keep my mom off of this basketball forum. Mention mother again and I’ll call you out on it each and every time. What do you take me for, a momma’s boy? Mom would be very disappointed in you, as her son. Why, just the other day, mother dearest....
Cuckoo cuckoo

It would be ironic if a teammate sleeping with another teammates girlfriend was part of the chemistry problem with this team.
Archie's second to last season at UD that very same situation arose. UD's starting small forward slept with the starting point guard's girlfriend.

That team was playing phenomenal and then poof all of a sudden they went into a nose dive .
Never recovered. You could see the tension between the two players on the court. Sucked and it ruined what was at that point a pretty good season.

Archie had to be thinking damn not again.

Last edited:
The failed drug test could have just been speculation on message boards and/or social media which, because it seemed a reasonable assumption, ended up getting passed around as fact. That seems more likely to me than a false rumor started by the athletic department to cover up what really happened as some on here have proposed.
It was speculation in social media.

Sounds like same thing happened at ud that AM let go on and derailed their ncaa season in first round

It would be ironic if a teammate sleeping with another teammates girlfriend was part of the chemistry problem with this team.
Archie's second to last season at UD that very same situation arose. UD's starting small forward slept with the starting point guard's girlfriend.

That team was playing phenomenal and then poof all of a sudden they went into a nose dive .
Never recovered. You could see the tension between the two players on the court. Sucked and it ruined what was at that point a pretty good season.

Archie had to be thinking damn not again.
how do you know this?

I keep trying to keep your mom off of me. That bitch is one stank ho.

Sounds like same thing happened at ud that AM let go on and derailed their ncaa season in first round
Interesting theory. Do you think Archie told them they all had to score more and they got confused? Can you share? How would he know what was going on? Unless there was an Isaac Haas like trail, the coach may be the last to know who the guys were banging.

I have been hearing rumors very similar to this for several weeks. I work with a young man who has friends who go to PU and also to IU. They are both telling him the same stories. I am not going to say that these rumors are true, but when there is a lot of smoke then there is usually a fire somewhere. Now, did Romeo "move on" someone's GF or did some girl who DG thought was his GF jump Romoe?? Who the hell knows? One thing is for sure; starting with the Nebraska game, this team couldn't stand to be on the court with one another. No high fives in pre-game, no sense of a team what-so-ever. It was a flick of the switch change IMO from the previous games. I think something happened to divide the team and that is a damned shame. This season could have been completely different even WITH the injuries.
your co-worker's friends who go to purdue know what's going on inside the iu locker room? lol

well we can agree to disagree...it was certainly evident to me...and the fact is we lost a ton of games after...the only real metric we can assign to the hypothesis as stated...
a hypothesis is not a fact. things which are evident have evidence

a hypothesis is not a fact. things which are evident have evidence

yeah...like I said...we lost a ton of games where we should not have...it's social...and scary to take a stand...and my opinion is informed by a brief and undistinguished college basketball career...

I'll call it a fact that something was wrong in that locker room.

It ain't science...it's medicine.

your co-worker's friends who go to purdue know what's going on inside the iu locker room? lol
I would imagine that some of this took place outside of the locker room. I think it is very common for Purdue students to visit their friends who attend IU on the weekends and vice versa. I know that when my son went to Rose he would frequent Purdue campus as some of his high school friends attended Purdue. My daughter went to IU and they would make trips to Rose occasionally and the Rose guys would come to IU for Little 5 and other noteworthy weekends. These kids know what's going on.

At the end of Tracy McGradys time in Houston his never that good FG% dived. He was taking heat for poor play. He started talking about a shoulder injury and wore a big pad on the front of his right shoulder. After the season he had shoulder “surgery” and I had a labrum repair done at the same practice. I was talking to the surgeon about Tracy and told me they went in and looked at his shoulder and didn’t find anything wrong and so did nothing. The next season Tracy wasn’t wearing the pad.

yeah...like I said...we lost a ton of games where we should not have...it's social...and scary to take a stand...and my opinion is informed by a brief and undistinguished college basketball career...

Riiiight.

Interesting theory. Do you think Archie told them they all had to score more and they got confused? Can you share? How would he know what was going on? Unless there was an Isaac Haas like trail, the coach may be the last to know who the guys were banging.

If a coach doesn’t know he has a chemistry issue he should be making $8 hr at McDonald’s instead of $3m+ as a coach. It was well known if you do a search but that’s probably to hard for you to figure out.

Reactions: cryano
I would imagine that some of this took place outside of the locker room. I think it is very common for Purdue students to visit their friends who attend IU on the weekends and vice versa. I know that when my son went to Rose he would frequent Purdue campus as some of his high school friends attended Purdue. My daughter went to IU and they would make trips to Rose occasionally and the Rose guys would come to IU for Little 5 and other noteworthy weekends. These kids know what's going on.
why do these kids know what's going on? there's 40,000 students on campus, the size of a small city. i was there for four years and never heard a thing about any of the players

why do these kids know what's going on? there's 40,000 students on campus, the size of a small city. i was there for four years and never heard a thing about any of the players

Maybe you werent a freak in the sheets!
Hell, earlier today we had a poster wanting to give Smith a good romp...

My experience with a bad locker room starts something like this.

Two bench players named Blake and Biff are complaining after a bad performance by a starter named Dustin. Blake and Biff whine how they should both play in front of Dustin and a veteran named McDoberts. Dustin and McDoberts hear them or are told about it and confront the two complaining players. Some think Blake and Biff have a point while others think they are full of shit.

Losing breeds anger and finger pointing. It also causes those with no responsibility in the failure to get the belief that they are the answer to everyone's problem.

Or, someone banged a teammate's girlfriend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT