ADVERTISEMENT

Team chemistry rumor

Tiger__Woods

Recruit
Mar 25, 2014
Take it for what it's worth!
3LFS6qh.jpg

3LFS6qh

I heard some of these rumors...but not quite the same...may be some truth to these though...

Wait, I thought the story was that Romeo moved in on Smiths girl. At this point, there's only about 4 guys I care to see back next year and none of them are in your list of possible transfers.
The fact that the names in this narrative keep changing might be an indication that the information should be treated with a fair amount of skepticism. Posting material as gospel that comes 2nd or 3rd hand from sources with no direct affiliation with the team might be more than a little irresponsible. Some of this stuff reads like notes passed between classes by junior high girls. The rampant speculation is pretty shameless.

Maybe there were serious issues in the locker room. Maybe it's a total fabrication. At this stage it's completely unfounded rumor. At any rate, if any of the names mentioned was not involved it's a disservice to those players. My experience has been that the people most anxious to spread rumors and dish dirt are often those with the least information. They just want to be important.

A local sports media personality in Indy from a few years back (haven't heard anything from him for a few years) was the worst name-dropping rumor monger I ever met. Ninety percent of what he spread as truth in private conversations was total bullshit. A couple of friends of mine socialized with him regularly. It took both a while to recognize that the guy was a pathological liar.

Wait, I thought the story was that Romeo moved in on Smiths girl. At this point, there's only about 4 guys I care to see back next year and none of them are in your list of possible transfers.

I heard it was smith's RP's, DG's and Carsen Edward's Girls plus the entire women's team and a random midget.

This is such crap, shame on all of you going all arcb102000 on this stuff.

How do you know?

Basically every IU writer has said that it's a fake account. I mean come on. Lewis hasn't even decided if he's transferring yet. Being in the transfer portal means you have that optionx not that you are for sure transferring. He hasn't announced one way or the other if he's leaving or not. I don't think we've even met with him, so how would we get him?

Let's use some common sense here.

Basically every IU writer has said that it's a fake account. I mean come on. Lewis hasn't even decided if he's transferring yet. Being in the transfer portal means you have that optionx not that you are for sure transferring. He hasn't announced one way or the other if he's leaving or not. I don't think we've even met with him, so how would we get him?

Thx for the input. I don’t have multiple accts so I’m not able to check against this or verify that. If I was paying for an account, and I used to, I wouldn’t spend a lot of time here. It’s too weird.

Reactions: hookyIU1990

To continue ... but I do believe something like what was mentioned happened to the team. IU is 12-2 and the bottom drops out the way it did? Injuries can only explain part of it. Anyway, on a campus of tens of thousands of girls why do guys have to zone in on their teammates’ dames? Especially Romeo. He shouldn’t be hound-dogging some college girl. Wait until you get in the nba and hook up w a Pacemate.

To continue ... but I do believe something like what was mentioned happened to the team. IU is 12-2 and the bottom drops out the way it did? Injuries can only explain part of it. Anyway, on a campus of tens of thousands of girls why do guys have to zone in on their teammates’ dames? Especially Romeo. He shouldn’t be hound-dogging some college girl. Wait until you get in the nba and hook up w a Pacemate.

Believe half what you see and none what you hear

Sounds like a rumor that was started by the athletic department to shift the blame away from the coaching staff.

Reactions: cryano
Anyway, on a campus of tens of thousands of girls why do guys have to zone in on their teammates’ dames? Especially Romeo. He shouldn’t be hound-dogging some college girl. Wait until you get in the nba and hook up w a Pacemate.
I thought Romeo's HS girlfriend was a year older than him and already at IU his HS senior year. That was cited as one point in our favor before he committed.

I have been hearing rumors very similar to this for several weeks. I work with a young man who has friends who go to PU and also to IU. They are both telling him the same stories. I am not going to say that these rumors are true, but when there is a lot of smoke then there is usually a fire somewhere. Now, did Romeo "move on" someone's GF or did some girl who DG thought was his GF jump Romoe?? Who the hell knows? One thing is for sure; starting with the Nebraska game, this team couldn't stand to be on the court with one another. No high fives in pre-game, no sense of a team what-so-ever. It was a flick of the switch change IMO from the previous games. I think something happened to divide the team and that is a damned shame. This season could have been completely different even WITH the injuries.

I have been hearing rumors very similar to this for several weeks. I work with a young man who has friends who go to PU and also to IU. They are both telling him the same stories. I am not going to say that these rumors are true, but when there is a lot of smoke then there is usually a fire somewhere. Now, did Romeo "move on" someone's GF or did some girl who DG thought was his GF jump Romoe?? Who the hell knows? One thing is for sure; starting with the Nebraska game, this team couldn't stand to be on the court with one another. No high fives in pre-game, no sense of a team what-so-ever. It was a flick of the switch change IMO from the previous games. I think something happened to divide the team and that is a damned shame. This season could have been completely different even WITH the injuries.

In today’s world, I don’t think you can put any more stock in a rumor just because of how many people you’ve heard it from. It’s way too easy for information to be spread around without any kind of filter for what’s real and what isn’t.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
I have no inside info. I do remember a similar girlfriend episode with an IU player who then transferred to Iowa. No reason to retention his name, but the point is I think these things happen. DG could have been the hitter because he was suspended. If true, I wish coach would have taken Romeo off the team.

I thought Romeo's HS girlfriend was a year older than him and already at IU his HS senior year. That was cited as one point in our favor before he committed.

She was a year older, but she went to Northern Kentucky. She denied rumors that she was transferring to IU on twitter. Never heard about if she ended up transferring or not. Kids these days...doing crazy stuff like, breaking up with their girlfriends...first time ever.

Edit: None of this was ever reported by any reputable news source. I dunno if any of it was true. I saw the tweet, couldn't say if it was authentic.

Last edited:
In today’s world, I don’t think you can put any more stock in a rumor just because of how many people you’ve heard it from. It’s way too easy for information to be spread around without any kind of filter for what’s real and what isn’t.
My point is that I (and others ) are hearing it from different "channels" not necessarily that I'm hearing it from a great number of people. I have found in the past that usually there is a "basis" for a rumor but the actual facts have been blow out of proportion. I have also witnessed many good things being totally blown up by ill-advised male-female interaction. I have seen guys (and gals) throw away good jobs and good situations b/c they just couldn't help themselves. All I am saying is, combine these rumors with the way the team played from early January to end of February, I wouldn't be surprised if something along these lines was at the root of the cause. I will definitely agree with your assertion that misinformation spreads like wild fire, especially in this electronic age.

I have no inside info. I do remember a similar girlfriend episode with an IU player who then transferred to Iowa. No reason to retention his name, but the point is I think these things happen. DG could have been the hitter because he was suspended. If true, I wish coach would have taken Romeo off the team.
you wish Romeo would have been kicked off team for getting with another player's gf?! lol..grow up dork.

Reactions: Stellara1
My point is that I (and others ) are hearing it from different "channels" not necessarily that I'm hearing it from a great number of people. I have found in the past that usually there is a "basis" for a rumor but the actual facts have been blow out of proportion. I have also witnessed many good things being totally blown up by ill-advised male-female interaction. I have seen guys (and gals) throw away good jobs and good situations b/c they just couldn't help themselves. All I am saying is, combine these rumors with the way the team played from early January to end of February, I wouldn't be surprised if something along these lines was at the root of the cause. I will definitely agree with your assertion that misinformation spreads like wild fire, especially in this electronic age.

whether this rumor is true, partially true, a smidge true or entirely false...the fact is...something happened in the locker room...just after the Butler game...that much is evident.

ADVERTISEMENT