ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody hearing anything.....

I don’t have details, but people are saying Jakai had a setback with his injury. Hopefully it ends up being minor.

Agree, I think our top 7-8 guys collectively are just as good as anybody else in the country. Also have the versatility to play a variety of lineups and rotations, something we were hamstrung by the last two seasons.
they haven't even played together. It will take a while. Hopefully they get their stuff together by January.

I've watched Luke Goode almost his entire career and he is a good - not great - shooter. I don't have any statistics to back this up, but my perception is that while he makes shots within the flow of the game he's not making them in important or clutch situations. Illinois has always had other players to do that. Take it for what it's worth - like I said, I have no actual information to back that up - just my opinion having watched him and Illinois so much. Doesn't mean he can't or won't do it here, but he's in pretty much the same situation where we're going to have a lot of options ahead of him.

Hearing that shooting is not improving Goode, Cupps, and Mgbako are hitting three's but everybody else not so much. Carlyle is not on campus so can't vouch for him.

• Wow
Reactions: RunninRichie
Hearing that shooting is not improving Goode, Cupps, and Mgbako are hitting three's but everybody else not so much. Carlyle is not on campus so can't vouch for him.
If Carlyle is not on campus (why isn't he on campus?) and Galloway is injured, that's a pretty big hole in projected shooting #s for the year, likely missing your starting 2. If Goode and Mbako are hitting at an improved rate, the team shooting #s are going to greatly depend on the 2 guard. We already know Rice will likely be an OK to decent 3 pt shooter, so how we shoot as a team will depend on that 2 spot.

Lmao. Carlyle is on campus.

Was trying to figure out why he wouldn't be. I remember hearing how quickly Rice was on campus and think he was even flying in at times to be on campus and practicing with team and staff, before his spring semester was over at WSU. I remember Walker last year arrived late because he was finishing some summer coursework at Miami, but I'd guess everyone, save for the new guy, has been on campus since mid-June at least.

• Wow
I've watched Luke Goode almost his entire career and he is a good - not great - shooter. I don't have any statistics to back this up, but my perception is that while he makes shots within the flow of the game he's not making them in important or clutch situations. Illinois has always had other players to do that. Take it for what it's worth - like I said, I have no actual information to back that up - just my opinion having watched him and Illinois so much. Doesn't mean he can't or won't do it here, but he's in pretty much the same situation where we're going to have a lot of options ahead of him.
Honestly, when IU played Illinois, I always wanted Goode to shoot.

• Wow
Was trying to figure out why he wouldn't be. I remember hearing how quickly Rice was on campus and think he was even flying in at times to be on campus and practicing with team and staff, before his spring semester was over at WSU. I remember Walker last year arrived late because he was finishing some summer coursework at Miami, but I'd guess everyone, save for the new guy, has been on campus since mid-June at least.
TBF he did miss a few days to play in the Chris Paul elite guard camp earlier this month.

Honestly, when IU played Illinois, I always wanted Goode to shoot.
Wow, get the guy likely to be our best shooter in a good while and this is the reception he gets? I always thought he was solid and a better shooter than anyone we had.

• Wow
Just going by what I heard.. Hopefully your intel is better this year and the shooting will be as advertised as you said it would be last year..

He's been on campus since early June participating in off season activities and was gone for CP elite camp 6/30-7/3

Just going by what I heard.. Hopefully your intel is better this year and the shooting will be as advertised as you said it would be last year..

Those douches? 🤦🏻🥴 I said shooting won’t be an issue. It won’t be this year because we actually have healthy dynamic guards who aren’t headcases or green ass freshman. You don’t need 35 attempts or 10-12 makes either.

I think earlier in the summer he was delayed arriving on campus because he was invited to one of the top skills camps, maybe the Chris Paul camp?

Reactions: kkott and eddy4iu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT