ADVERTISEMENT

TDH - Hunter on Woody's Defense

hookyIU1990

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
I've always loved Woody's response when asked about Archie's packshit defense. "I don't know what that is."

I've always hated Davis' response when asked about Knight's motion offense. "I never understood the motion offense."
+ when into a camera he stated he "couldn't get the boys to practice hard". Both so revealing as to how inept his people skills besides coaching skills were. Never attended another game till after he exited Bloomington.

+ when into a camera he stated he "couldn't get the boys to practice hard". Both so revealing as to how inept his people skills besides coaching skills were. Never attended another game till after he exited Bloomington.
His '02 tournament run with players of Knight's mindset gave us false hope. I think the final straw was when he called in "sick" an hour before the home game with Iowa. Rumors swirled around about him hiding out in his basement. I don't recall Davis afterwards ever commenting on that particular game. That said, he had a great big, infectious smile you couldn't help but notice.

39 minutes, but haven't listened yet
I finally got around to listening to this. I thought it was pretty good. This is the first time I've ever spent any time listening to Hunter other than sound bites. I can see why he's viewed as a good recruiter. I'd trust him if I had a kid he was recruiting.

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT