ADVERTISEMENT

Talk about the textbook definition of grandstanding...

You're talking about the Moral Foundations Theory. People are tested to see how strongly they favor a certain moral foundation over its opposite:

Care vs. Harm
Fairness vs. Cheating
Loyalty vs. Betrayal
Authority vs. Subversion
Purity vs. Degredation

Liberals tend to score better on Care and Fairness; conservatives tend to score better on Loyalty, Authority and Purity.

EDIT: Here's a study about it: http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~jessegra/papers/GrahamHaidtNosek.2009.Moral foundations of liberals and conservatives.JPSP.pdf
Yep, I had just found it. Thanks.

You're funny in a very sad way.

You're sad.......in a very sad way.

Sounds like you're trying to get a job in his Administration.

First, you say he did an "excellent" job in Puerto Rico and now you're defending him on this flag nonsense.

What's next? You gonna praise him for letting employers tell women they don't have to pay for their birth control based on "morals"?

So it's absolute? I think not. Fairness is one of the values I hold most dear.
Nope, just generally. But again I am thinking tradition is WAY up for you compared to me as well.

Btw, have you read Ian Toll's Pacific War series? I am just finishing the second book, I have always read more on Europe but this is excellent.

First, you say he did an "excellent" job in Puerto Rico and now you're defending him on this flag nonsense.

What's next? You gonna praise him for letting employers tell women they don't have to pay for their birth control based on "morals"?
LOL . . . sad way.

LOL . . . sad way.

Why don't you two just ignore each other?

Nope, just generally. But again I am thinking tradition is WAY up for you compared to me as well.

Btw, have you read Ian Toll's Pacific War series? I am just finishing the second book, I have always read more on Europe but this is excellent.
No, but I've read dozens of books about WWII in the Pacific. Some of my greatest experiences have been participating in the 50th anniversaries of the battles of Leyte Gulf, Saipan, Guam, Pelelieu, and Iwo Jima. Met Americans and Japanese veterans at them (yes, there were some Japanese as well). Also, was in Hiroshima and Nagasaki 50 years after their atomic bombings. I've been blessed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Why don't you two just ignore each other?
Seriously. It's getting frustrating that every single thread is hijacked with their sniping at each other. I found myself doing the same with another poster and my life and the threads are much better since I've put him on ignore.

Ban him. He's totally worthless on every board here.

There ya go.

Instead of putting me on ignore, he cries his eyes out to his BFF to ban me.

Typical Righty......and another reason why he's exactly like Trump.

Since he's obsessed with me, I'll put him on ignore and do the board a favor at least on my end.

There ya go.

Instead of putting me on ignore, he cries his eyes out to his BFF to ban me.

Typical Righty......and another reason why he's exactly like Trump.

Since he's obsessed with me, I'll put him on ignore and do the board a favor at least on my end.
Wave your white flag high and proud.

I disagree, He loves America, Why else at 70 years old would want all this grief!

Grief??? Surely you jest. It’s all about Trump now, all the time. Whether it’s positive or negative.

Which is exactly what he CRAVES. Being the most powerful person in the world feeds his massive ego better than anything else ever could.

Do you truly think he’s doing this selflessly?

I guess it's okay to walk out and boycott things we're "triggered" by and retreat to our "safe space".

Seems like a lot of people are recognizing it for the stunt it is, except the Trump loopers.

Many more important things going on than to try to divide our country on something so trivial and stir up the base.

Reactions: RBB89
The Dolphins are handling this the right way, IMO: anybody who doesn't want to stand during the anthem stays in the locker room until it's over.

The team isn't forcing them to stand -- but they also aren't letting them use the occasion of a football game to make a spectacle.

To me, that seems like the right balance.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT