ADVERTISEMENT

Talk about the textbook definition of grandstanding...

Of course it is grandstanding. I have asked here, and elsewhere, why is kneeling considered disrespectful. So far no one has answered. Another chance for them, why is kneeling disrespectful.

Everything is a troll move, basically, coming straight from the King of Trolls himself. This one just happened to cost taxpayers a lot of money.

Of course it is grandstanding. I have asked here, and elsewhere, why is kneeling considered disrespectful. So far no one has answered. Another chance for them, why is kneeling disrespectful.
Are you serious, Clark? It's considered disrespectful because the long standing traditional protocol is to stand respectfully for the country's national anthem. You know this.

Not just in this country, by the way.

What they're doing by kneeling is not demonstrating respect to the country and its national anthem, and that's OK with me. It's calling attention to their cause, and that's obviously what they trying to do. That is OK too. It's also OK for people to criticize them for it. This is a free country.

Are you serious, Clark? It's considered disrespectful because the long standing traditional protocol is to stand respectfully for the country's national anthem. You know this.

Not just in this country, by the way.

What they're doing by kneeling is not demonstrating respect to the country and its national anthem, and that's OK with me. It's calling attention to their cause, and that's obviously what they trying to do. That is OK too. It's also OK for people to criticize them for it. This is a free country.

Not kidding, kneeling IS a sign if respect. It is as respectful of a protest as is humanly possible. It is not custom, granted. And that is what angers people. Reality is there is a huge difference between most kneeling and the couple that sit.

Reactions: bawlmer
Not kidding, kneeling IS a sign if respect. It is as respectful of a protest as is humanly possible. It is not custom, granted. And that is what angers people. Reality is there is a huge difference between most kneeling and the couple that sit.
It's less disrespectful than sitting, but it's still disrespectful because they're refusing to follow the traditionally respectful protocol.

Reactions: Mr_Scott
I for one back the Vice President, I for one will not pay to see someone disrespect the flag and America.

That is irrelevant - and it's a stupid generalization, which is what you do routinely.

How is it "irrelevant", Sunshine?

You're wetting yourself how DISRESPECTFUL people are for kneeling and I showed you the ACTUAL RULES for showing disrespect.

Stupid generalization?

How much you wanna bet 99.99999999% of the "PATRIOTS" have the flag as some type of clothing......or have the flag on paper plates.....or goes to a store that uses the flag in ads?

It's less disrespectful than sitting, but it's still disrespectful because they're refusing to follow the traditionally respectful protocol.
There are a lot of items I think are disrespectful, heck, a beer being named America I find more disrespectful. Using the flag to sell product i find more disrespectful.

Long ago I linked a story of conservative vs liberal values. Liberals value fairness more than conservatives, conservatives value tradition. In that regard, it makes sense you are more bothered than I.

How is it "irrelevant", Sunshine?

You're wetting yourself how DISRESPECTFUL people are for kneeling and I showed you the ACTUAL RULES for showing disrespect.

Stupid generalization?

How much you wanna bet 99.99999999% of the "PATRIOTS" have the flag as some type of clothing......or have the flag on paper plates.....or goes to a store that uses the flag in ads?
LOL! I'm not close to wetting myself. You are misinterpreting the flag code (and we're talking about the national anthem too), and thinking that "99.99999999%" of people that are doing one thing are doing another couldn't be a more classic example of generalization. HILARIOUS!

There are a lot of items I think are disrespectful, heck, a beer being named America I find more disrespectful. Using the flag to sell product i find more disrespectful.

Long ago I linked a story of conservative vs liberal values. Liberals value fairness more than conservatives, conservatives value tradition. In that regard, it makes sense you are more bothered than I.
I doubt you value fairness even a little bit more than I do.

Vice President Pence will be our next President, So get used to it.

The same people crying their eyes out how "disrespectful it is" are fine with those flying the swastika and stars n bars yelling "Heil Trump !"...
You forgot to throw in racist,It’s the lefts go to word.

Yes, when you said you thought we wouldn't both value it the same.
I will try to find the study, as with studies like that it is generally speaking. If you value tradition as a value more than I do, there has to be some value that I value more than you.

I will try to find the study, as with studies like that it is generally speaking. If you value tradition as a value more than I do, there has to be some value that I value more than you.
You're talking about the Moral Foundations Theory. People are tested to see how strongly they favor a certain moral foundation over its opposite:

Care vs. Harm
Fairness vs. Cheating
Loyalty vs. Betrayal
Authority vs. Subversion
Purity vs. Degredation

Liberals tend to score better on Care and Fairness; conservatives tend to score better on Loyalty, Authority and Purity.

EDIT: Here's a study about it: http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~jessegra/pa...ations of liberals and conservatives.JPSP.pdf

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT