ADVERTISEMENT

Take Edey & Clingan away

they will still be very good. He is a good coach and they dont lose anyone else. He did well pre edey and will again. I get it we hate purdue but he is still a way better coach than we have.
after 19 years, he should be. Remember there is a year where he finished last in the BT.. You guys want Woody gone with no worst then 7th finish

Keep riding that horse. They will struggle a lot next year
Why will they struggle a lot?
I’m guessing…which will be a top 3 BIG team
Pg Smith* 2 year returning starter
SG: Loyer/ Colvin/Harris
SF Heide/Catchings
PF: TKR
C: Burgess/ Jacobsen

Reactions: BleedinGold
after 19 years, he should be. Remember there is a year where he finished last in the BT.. You guys want Woody gone with no worst then 7th finish
Woody could have had UCONN’s entire roster this year and finished middle of the pack. Why? Because his undisciplined brand of coaching will negate any talent on the roster. The team has zero identity. That’s all Woodson.

they won't be in the NC or a F4 again, but they're still going to be at the top of the B10 and a top 20 team I believe.
I'd say yes...But a super amount was Edey..
Furst got thrown in and was immediately torched..
And I wanted him as a Hoosier..
Still think Purdue loses 6 -9 games next yr.
Guess they could get hit the portal for a really good big center..

SF Heide/Catchings
I see a bunch of guys in that lineup who will struggle to create their own shot/manufacture points without a dominant big in the lineup. And that strategy predates Edey. TKR needs to make a serious leap next year.

I see a bunch of guys in that lineup who will struggle to create their own shot/manufacture points without a dominant big in the lineup. And that strategy predates Edey. TKR needs to make a serious leap next year.
Yes and no…I think they will play a different style of basketball. They will play Smith and Colvin who both can penetrate. It won’t be the dominant lineup they had this year but it will be a top 3 BIG team.

Yes and no…I think they will play a different style of basketball. They will play Smith and Colvin who both can penetrate. It won’t be the dominant lineup they had this year but it will be a top 3 BIG team.
Too early to say. Purdue is the only team in the B10 with a set roster going into next year on this day. They still have to cut a player to get down to the allotted number.

Too early to say. Purdue is the only team in the B10 with a set roster going into next year on this day. They still have to cut a player to get down to the allotted number.
True and I believe they lose 1 more and add a portal kid. Ben Humrichous I’m hearing is who they may target.

• Wow
A) Purdue is already oversigned for next year, so outside of Furst, Gillis, and Morton all deciding to leave, I highly doubt they get any portal players.

B) Ummm, there were only three teams in the nation that had less than 7 losses (UConn, Purdue, Houston). If thy only have 7 losses next year, they will likely be top 10. If they have 9 losses, that is probably still good enough for top 20.

C) They will have two 7'-3" players on the roster next year. I strongly suspect Painter is not going to change his offensive philosophy much over the summer.

A) Purdue is already oversigned for next year, so outside of Furst, Gillis, and Morton all deciding to leave, I highly doubt they get any portal players.
B) Ummm, there were only three teams in the nation that had less than 7 losses. If thy only have 7losses next year, they will likely be top 10. If they have 9 losses, that is probably still good enough for top 20.
The assumption is Berg and Waddell transfer

I don't know that they can hit the portal, at least not without an xfer or 2. I thought they were overbooked by 1 for next year, or someone said that on here? I don't care enough to look. If they have, or can get an opening, a physical post defender might make some sense. I know they have 2 post guys they seem to like, but no idea how ready either are to contribute.

He drives because they run sets for him. Hes not an off the bounce get his own shot guy. They will run almost the exact same offense next year.

they will still be very good. He is a good coach and they dont lose anyone else. He did well pre edey and will again. I get it we hate purdue but he is still a way better coach than we have.
Next year, we'll see if Caleb Furst stumbles when he chews gum.

This year, Furst averaged about the same minutes as Colvin. Whom do you think was the more memorable player? Furst or Colvin?

He drives because they run sets for him. Hes not an off the bounce get his own shot guy. They will run almost the exact same offense next year.
I have heard…they will play more like they did with Carson Edwards vs the last two years with Edey.

Smith got to the basket because of Edey. We shall see if he can do that next year

SF Heide/Catchings
Because they are weak and not very athletic. The team you just referred to had no assists and very few points. Wait and see.

Reactions: 76-1
Because they are weak and not very athletic. The team you just referred to had no assists and very few points. Wait and see.
Last night lol. You are judging them off the national title game? Also Smith had 8 asst

I am not riding any horse just speaking the truth. Painter is a very good coach and I would be stunned if they are not top four in the big ten next year.
Well I not a fan of your coaching assessments so we can agree to disagree. What adjustments did you like from the coach at pu?

Yeah first time you got to see them not doubling down on Edey.
Actually, that is exactly what Tennessee did also.

Edey had 40 points in the TN game because he was getting single coverage defense. The only difference between the TN game and UConn game is that A) Purdue got a ton more free throws (mostly from Edey) and B) TN didn't have any offensive production from any of their players besides Knecht.

Otherwise TN did about as well in limiting Purdue's 3-Pt shooting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT