ADVERTISEMENT

Stephen A Picked IU to Final Four

I think it was just one year on the 40-0 and we have our share of idiot fans with unrealistic expectations. I think it would be pretty easy to win at IU, Purdue and Wisconsin. MSU is the only legit Big 10 team this season. But you're taking in the rivalry factor.

Your team was a 1-seed and lost in Bloomington to an eventually 4 seed in 2012, but your 4 seed this year would win easily against a 5 seed in Bloomington? Again, not rational.

Your overall NCAA seed was 2 spots better than ours. If we aren't legit, neither are you.

haha...for power conferences, you big dummy :) try using your brain sometime

there is a reason the Long Beach States of the world are #1

:) man, you creanerites don't even try sometimes. lol

And by the way, criticize Crean all you want. I couldn't care less. Just be honest about it, as opposed to making stuff up.

Your team was a 1-seed and lost in Bloomington to an eventually 4 seed in 2012, but your 4 seed this year would win easily against a 5 seed in Bloomington? Again, not rational.

Your overall NCAA seed was 2 spots better than ours. If we aren't legit, neither are you.
Dude I live in Indiana and I can't even understand what you're trying to say??

MSU isn't in the top 15 for power conference teams either...at least not this year. I'm too bored to go look up past years. In fact, they aren't in the top 25 this year.

Name calling and insults won't hide the fact that your post is factually incorrect.

you called me a liar. not name calling, huh?

said "year after year"...not every year

MSU's non-conf sos rank for 3 prior years (all conferences)

compare......that....to....ours....and then tell yourself it's all good :)

you called me a liar. not name calling, huh?

said "year after year"...not every year

MSU's non-conf sos rank for 3 prior years (all conferences)

compare......that....to....ours....and then tell yourself it's all good :)

I didn't call you a liar, I asked you to be honest. If you don't know the difference, I can't help you. And those are not the non-conference SOS ranks for MSU (for all conferences) at least on Kenpom. Are you using a different source?

And none of those are top 15 anyhow. I am mildly interested to know what you think the difference is between "every year" and "year after year."

I never said IU's non-conference schedule was good. You said MSU's was top 15, and it's not. Not once in the last 4 years. I've now checked the last 2 years for power conference teams, and it's not in the top 15 for either year. It was about 25th this year, and about 17th last year.

Our non-con sos was worse than MSU's this year...didn't seem to hurt us in the BIG...but still, I'd be happy to see us play a tougher non-con. Probably not Mike Davis years tough...but anyhow, none of that changes the fact that you've asserted a fact that simply isn't true.

Oh... Ok.
That regular season game from like 4 years ago was really something for you guys wasn't it?

It's the most recent data we have...do you think your team this year is as good as your team was that year?

Because I think this year's IU team was pretty darned comparable to that IU team.

Oh... Ok.
That regular season game from like 4 years ago was really something for you guys wasn't it?
Seeing as your coach ended a series over it, and fans like you continue to cry about name calling at that game...sure seems likes it's still a big deal for you. But none of you guys care about irrelevant IU, which explains why you've been hanging out on our board ever since the brackets were announced.

Last edited:
I didn't call you a liar, I asked you to be honest. If you don't know the difference, I can't help you. And those are not the non-conference SOS ranks for MSU (for all conferences) at least on Kenpom. Are you using a different source?

And none of those are top 15 anyhow. I am mildly interested to know what you think the difference is between "every year" and "year after year."

I never said IU's non-conference schedule was good. You said MSU's was top 15, and it's not. Not once in the last 4 years. I've now checked the last 2 years for power conference teams, and it's not in the top 15 for either year. It was about 25th this year, and about 17th last year.

Our non-con sos was worse than MSU's this year...didn't seem to hurt us in the BIG...but still, I'd be happy to see us play a tougher non-con. Probably not Mike Davis years tough...but anyhow, none of that changes the fact that you've asserted a fact that simply isn't true.

hehehe I was guessing because I know izzo really knows how to schedule...25th, 17th -- still really good scheduling. that's how you build a great program

I just wish our coach didn't need defenders; wish what he did stood on it's own merits

but it doesn't. he can continue this season's good mojo this week by at least making the S16. let's hope he's a new man!

hehehe I was guessing because I know izzo really knows how to schedule...25th, 17th -- still really good scheduling. that's how you build a great program

I just wish our coach didn't need defenders; wish what he did stood on it's own merits

but it doesn't. he can continue this season's good mojo this week by at least making the S16. let's hope he's a new man!

Guessing...thank you, sincerely, for being willing to admit that.

In the strictest sense, our coach doesn't "need" defenders. He has some, although I don't consider myself one. His record, good and bad, is there for everyone to see. There are positives, (2 BIG championships in 4 years) there are negatives (the 13-14 season), and there's stuff in between...but it's pretty unrealistic to think that you could go on any major college basketball team's message board with negative "guesses" about the coach of that team and not get a response. Lamenting the existence of the response you elicited by way of incorrect information is, well, I'll call it illogical.

And considering the non-con SOS of the top 10 teams on kenpom routinely show a wide range, I'm not sure there's any data to support the theory that strong non-con schedules are the way to build a strong program. Good recruiting, efficient offense, and consistent effort on defense seem to be better indicators.

For example...the ranges in non-con SOS among top 10 teams over the last 5 years are:

2016: 26-206
2015: 38-347
2014: 71-292
2013: 23-293
2012: 27-322

Those same schools show a much, much smaller range when looking at their adjusted offense and defensive ratings. Those ratings are much more correlative to success. Non-con sos is practically useless as a predictor of a quality basketball team.

And that has been true in Crean's good years, and in his bad ones. But if you think your guesses are more predictive, then that's fine, I suppose--just be honest about what you're doing...which you now have been. Again, sincere thanks.

Seeing as your coach ended a series over it, and fans like you continue to cry about name calling at that game...sure seems likes it's still a big deal for you. But none of you guys care about irrelevant IU, which explains why you've been hanging out on our board ever since the brackets were announced.
Seems like Cal didn't end it. Should have acted like you've been there before instead of acting like some mid tier program. I figured you guys would appreciate being brought back into the big boy club for a few days.

It's the most recent data we have...do you think your team this year is as good as your team was that year?

Because I think this year's IU team was pretty darned comparable to that IU team.
You haven't played any games since 2012??
And no, that was one of the best teams in CBB history. Don't really remember IU then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT