ADVERTISEMENT

Spring practices have begun

Does anyone know if there is a schedule of all the spring practices anywhere? I've been searching but can't find it.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Does anyone know if there is a schedule of all the spring practices anywhere? I've been searching but can't find it.
Practice and Other Important Dates

Spring Practice Begins- March 2nd

Practice 2- March 3rd

Practice 3- March 5th

Practice 4- March 7th

Practice 5- March 21st

Practice 6- March 23rd

Practice 7- March 26th

Practice 8- March 28th

Practice 9- March 30th

Practice 10- April 2nd

Practice 11- April 4th

Practice 12- April 6th

Practice 13- April 9th

Practice 14- April 11th

Practice 15- SPRING GAME- April 12th 7pm

IU Pro Day- April 2nd

looking forward to the spring game.

any other open practices.

having finals start the last wk of April really hurts spring on campus imo.

seems more like the end of May back in the day.

looking forward to the spring game.

any other open practices.

having finals start the last wk of April really hurts spring on campus imo.

seems more like the end of May back in the day.

The way I heard it (from Tom Allen's interview) , all practices are "open". Now whether that means to HS coaches, friends, and family; or whether that means to anyone off the street I'm not sure, but the way he said it seems to indicate anyone & everyone...

Last edited:
The way I heard it (from Tom Allen's interview) , all practices are "open". Now whether that means to HS coaches, friends, and family; or whether that means to anyone off the street I'm not sure, but the way he said it seems to indicate anyone...

good to know.

The way I heard it (from Tom Allen's interview) , all practices are "open". Now whether that means to HS coaches, friends, and family; or whether that means to anyone off the street I'm not sure, but the way he said it seems to indicate anyone & everyone...
That's how i heard it, too. I was hoping to catch one this weekend.....give me a reason to head down there. (And why I asked originally.) But with the schedule, and falling in spring break, that is not going to happen.

I'm hoping Scott learns to keep his feet moving in traffic and how to treat the football like it was the most important thing in his life while he has it in his hands, AND..., I hope someone shows him some film of Antony Thompson attacking LB's and knocking Them out of the game by exploding up through his thighs and hips on contact, taking the fight to Them, and making Them attempt to avoid contact with Him the next time around...

*Quite frankly, I want to see some serious coaching from Hart...

Given the talent he has to work with we should be looked at as having the among best Running Backs in the country by the end of September...

I hope he earns his pay (and helps teach his young charges how to hang onto the football and pass block versus just his patented stretch the ball out move...).

Hart is a excellent recruiter... It's time he does whatever it takes to become an excellent coach...
///Maybe go visit the KC Chiefs and get some pointers from McCollough...///

Last edited:
Reactions: td75 and snowling
I'm hoping Scott learns to keep his feet moving in traffic and how to treat the football like it was the most important thing in his life while he has it in his hands, AND..., I hope someone shows him some film of EARL CAMPBELL attacking LB's and knocking Them out of the game by exploding up through his thighs and hips on contact, taking the fight to Them, and making Them attempt to avoid contact with Him the next time around...
FIFY

I'm hoping Scott learns to keep his feet moving in traffic and how to treat the football like it was the most important thing in his life while he has it in his hands, AND..., I hope someone shows him some film of Antony Thompson attacking LB's and knocking Them out of the game by exploding up through his thighs and hips on contact, taking the fight to Them, and making Them attempt to avoid contact with Him the next time around...

*Quite frankly, I want to see some serious coaching from Hart...

Given the talent he has to work with we should be looked at as having the among best Running Backs in the country by the end of September...

I hope he earns his pay (and helps teach his young charges how to hang onto the football and pass block versus just his patented stretch the ball out move...).

Hart is a excellent recruiter... It's time he does whatever it takes to become an excellent coach...
///Maybe go visit the KC Chiefs and get some pointers from McCollough...///
I’m not sure how you can make that statement when he turned a freshman possible linebacker into a possible future pro.

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
I’m not sure how you can make that statement when he turned a freshman possible linebacker into a possible future pro.

Easy...

The kid came in game ready and was still going down too easy and fumbling in critical situations late in the season.

I'll be impressed if he's taught to hang onto the football at all times (especially in key situations) and doesn't allow himself to get tripped up by arm tackles... That's pure coaching by the way...

Easy...

The kid came in game ready and was still going down too easy and fumbling in critical situations late in the season.

I'll be impressed if he's taught to hang onto the football at all times (especially in key situations) and doesn't allow himself to get tripped up by arm tackles... That's pure coaching by the way...
Not really true there have been many talented guys that did not pan out because they were fumblers. Ball security drills are part of everyday routine you can try to limit fumbles but some guys are prone to fumbling. Also balance is not a learned skill it is inate. There are things you can do to help be more physical running behind your pads, keeping your feet moving on contact, attacking the tacklers back shoulder etc.

Not really true there have been many talented guys that did not pan out because they were fumblers. Ball security drills are part of everyday routine you can try to limit fumbles but some guys are prone to fumbling. Also balance is not a learned skill it is inate. There are things you can do to help be more physical running behind your pads, keeping your feet moving on contact, attacking the tacklers back shoulder etc.

Your last sentence is exactly what I'm talking about. Scott was a good freshman running back. To become a "great" back is going to take some coaching. Let's hope he gets it...

Your last sentence is exactly what I'm talking about. Scott was a good freshman running back. To become a "great" back is going to take some coaching. Let's hope he gets it...
LOL at dissing the kid who broke ATs records. LOL at dissing his coach.

Tevin Coleman has 225 yards rushing and one TD as a freshman.

LOL at dissing the kid who broke ATs records. LOL at dissing his coach.

Tevin Coleman has 225 yards rushing and one TD as a freshman.

I'm not dissing him at all. He's a good one. With some coaching he could be a Great one.

Those two comparisons mean zip. Neither AT or TC had anywhere close to the number of carries Scott got as a true freshman.

He's good just based on raw talent alone. If somebody down there teaches him more than just to reach the ball out at the goal line, he could be Great...

Last edited:
Reactions: snowling
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT