ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds Like Woody is here to stay

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
Read the article about Woodson’s plans and he sure is confident that he’s not going anywhere until he’s ready. He must have Buckners total support. What a super depressing day.

Reactions: dbmhoosier and jmix
Read the article about Woodson’s plans and he sure is confident that he’s not going anywhere until he’s ready. He must have Buckners total support. What a super depressing day.
Irrelevant to what happens. You really think any coaches are going to say something like "won't surprise me if we go in a different direction next year!" Of course he's going to talk like he'll be here next year. He's in year 3 and made the tournament the first 2 years. What he said in a press conference is not relevant to what happens. I'll be shocked if he's not here next year, but Dolson acted more quickly than I expected with both Miller and Allen, so who knows? There have got to be lots of concerns for SD at this point.

Irrelevant to what happens. You really think any coaches are going to say something like "won't surprise me if we go in a different direction next year!" Of course he's going to talk like he'll be here next year. He's in year 3 and made the tournament the first 2 years. What he said in a press conference is not relevant to what happens. I'll be shocked if he's not here next year, but Dolson acted more quickly than I expected with both Miller and Allen, so who knows? There have got to be lots of concerns for SD at this point.
we do have record low unemployment right now; a lot of middle-aged men are putting off retirement because the bosses can't find anyone to replace them. thanks Biden

We made the tournament. Yay!

I'll be shocked if he's not here next year, but Dolson acted more quickly than I expected with both Miller and Allen, so who knows?

Miller was here for 5 years without ever making the tournament. Anyone who thinks Woodson would be fired for missing it one time is crazy.

Reactions: bawlmer
Just the fact he has to address it is not good. He knows it Buckner knows it also Dakich said Buckner would get out voted if they want a coaching change by the board. Seems like he knows something..

Why do you think he took the job. He knew he would be untouchable.

I'll be shocked if he's not here next year, but Dolson acted more quickly than I expected with both Miller and Allen, so who knows?

Miller was here for 5 years without ever making the tournament. Anyone who thinks Woodson would be fired for missing it one time is crazy.

Dolson isn't Glass. Like @kkott , I was surprised both Miller and Allen didn't get another year, but that was because I didn't think he would eat the buyouts. If we (continue to) crater this year, finding a graceful exit for Woodson wouldn't surprise me. If not, Woody will need a miraculous turnaround next year to keep the job.

JMO. YMMV.

Are you telling me just making the tournament is a great accomplishment now. Oh how the mighty have fallen. When Quinn was playing only 32 teams made it. Then it was quite an accomplishment to just make the tournament. Not now

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Are you telling me just making the tournament is a great accomplishment now. Oh how the mighty have fallen. When Quinn was playing only 32 teams made it. Then it was quite an accomplishment to just make the tournament. Not now

I'm not suggesting anything other than we all (should) know that IU isn't going to fire a basketball coach for missing one NCAA Tourney.

Reactions: kkott
Don't know what Woodson is putting in his Cool-Aid, defiantly not Prevagen.
He's coaching about as well as we make free throws.

Just the fact he has to address it is not good. He knows it Buckner knows it also Dakich said Buckner would get out voted if they want a coaching change by the board. Seems like he knows something..
Dakich doesn't know shit. That moron claimed Woody wants IU to be "all black like Georgetown," yet his only recruit is McNeeley ... and he's recruiting/has recruited other white players. Gabe Cupps, for example, is white, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes all I really take from his statements is that we can probably rule out that he has any thoughts of retiring this year.

Guess the hump Woody got over was the one he is doing to the Bursar every time he gets a check.

No one's saying that, but not having made it for like 6 previous years, yes, it was progress.

Dakich doesn't know shit. That moron claimed Woody wants IU to be "all black like Georgetown," yet his only recruit is McNeeley ... and he's recruiting/has recruited other white players. Gabe Cupps, for example, is white, if I'm not mistaken.

That sounds like something Dakich would say.

DD and the right go straight to identity politics like a 1990s liberal.

The dumbing down of the white person in America is sad to watch. Here you have all you could ever want or need....you were born white in the best place on Earth...and you're MISERABLE! lol

Being a white person myself, I know it's possible to get through life in America (50 years) w/o being a racist asshole.

No one's saying that, but not having made it for like 6 previous years, yes, it was progress.
do you feel that progress was made under Miller for setting us up as a projected NCAA tournament team (in 2020, the yr it was cancelled)?

do you feel that progress was made under Miller for setting us up as a projected NCAA tournament team (in 2020, the yr it was cancelled)?
Not sure of your point. No, nothing about the Archie era was "progress" or good. But, while I'd have liked to see more, CMW wasn't a failure in his first 2 years. This year I would rate a failure. Moreso based on how I see this team playing than just the record. And, the roster construction and recruiting. Lots of smoke around our program right now. Way more than the record indicates imo.

The legacies of Woodson and Buckner...

Bad Day Falling GIF by Buyout Footage

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT