ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry guys, but I gotta say it . . .

I'd say more than half are just riding that scholarship $$$.
And care less about playing for Archie.
That's What you get with a bunch of hold over' s.

Reactions: iulb
. . . I don't see the coaching, at least not yet. Watching IU this year is like watching CEleveland State or something . . .

. . . has Archie lost this team?

I’ll wait til at least this time next season to decide. By this time next season we should see steady improvement and just a difference in how we play as far as intensity and spirit.

I’ll wait til at least this time next season to decide. By this time next season we should see steady improvement and just a difference in how we play as far as intensity and spirit.

RMK used to say that he had to break a kid down and then put him back together. Either Archie's in the process of breaking these kids down so he can put them back together . . .
. . . or . . . .

I gotta believe in Hartman and Morgan . . . Johnson I'm at a loss to explain . . . Newkirk is what and who he is, and he's either gonna out-athletic a lesser player or he's gonna get used by a better one . . . and McSwain is one of the best NFL tight end prospects that IU has produced in the last 10 years . . .

. . . the ones I'm paying attention to are Davis, Green, Durham and Smith, and I'm not seeing it, not yet. Gotta be patient . . . more . . . .

. . . I don't see the coaching, at least not yet. Watching IU this year is like watching Cleveland State or something . . .

Maybe he needs to bring in Ray Tolbert to slap 'em around a bit.

Some insist on sugar coating it, but Archie hasn’t done a good job coaching this year. He hasn’t had the team ready multiple times already. I’m holding out hope long term but it’s been a less than desired start.

I think there's some of the "we're not his guys and he's not our coach" type of feel going on under the surface.

RMK used to say that he had to break a kid down and then put him back together. Either Archie's in the process of breaking these kids down so he can put them back together . . .
. . . or . . . .

I gotta believe in Hartman and Morgan . . . Johnson I'm at a loss to explain . . . Newkirk is what and who he is, and he's either gonna out-athletic a lesser player or he's gonna get used by a better one . . . and McSwain is one of the best NFL tight end prospects that IU has produced in the last 10 years . . .

. . . the ones I'm paying attention to are Davis, Green, Durham and Smith, and I'm not seeing it, not yet. Gotta be patient . . . more . . . .
For the last damn time, McSwain can’t catch a basketball so there is little chance he can catch a football.

. . . I don't see the coaching, at least not yet. Watching IU this year is like watching Cleveland State or something . . .

It has been an extremely disappointing year and start to Archie’s tenure. It does look like the team is getting worse, rather than improving. Every freshmen and sophomore has regressed and played less minutes as the season has progressed.

Reactions: IUgradman
For the last damn time, McSwain can’t catch a basketball so there is little chance he can catch a football.

Good lord. No wonder this team has no BBIQ . . . the fan base developed over the last 15 years doesn't have any either.

Reactions: ROBBOB
I'd have a real come to Jesus meeting with these players, and it would involve losing scholarships... Not a guy on the team deserves to wear the jersey. If Archies not getting their attention, sit them intil they transfer, work on Jones.

I am hoping that Archie can get IU turned around just like Bobby Hurly has ASU. His first year they were horrible and a couple years later are in the top 5.

That's gotta be the hope . . . that we're building for the long-term and not for a momentary fix.

Some insist on sugar coating it, but Archie hasn’t done a good job coaching this year. He hasn’t had the team ready multiple times already. I’m holding out hope long term but it’s been a less than desired start.
At the beginning of the season many believed this would be an up and down year. Knowing that our guards are not stellar and knowing that RJ might not step up, the whole year was in question. There isn't really a go-to-player.

So who on the team should Archie Miller sit and who should play? Is it on Miller because no one but Hartman got going in the first half? Yes you say? I say maybe we don't really know as fans. Being so all fired sure of oneself is laughable.

Archie Miller is a very good coach. I think that Crean's softies are one hell of a deck of few face cards and no aces for Archie Miller to be playing with.

You really think that after the exodus last year and now on the road at Wisconsin that some other coach would have IU hitting the three's and rebounding and not turning over the ball? I call bullhocky.

At the beginning of the season many believed this would be an up and down year. Knowing that our guards are not stellar and knowing that RJ might not step up, the whole year was in question. There isn't really a go-to-player.

So who on the team should Archie Miller sit and who should play? Is it on Miller because no one but Hartman got going in the first half? Yes you say? I say maybe we don't really know as fans. Being so all fired sure of oneself is laughable.

Archie Miller is a very good coach. I think that Crean's softies are one hell of a deck of few face cards and no aces for Archie Miller to be playing with.

You really think that after the exodus last year and now on the road at Wisconsin that some other coach would have IU hitting the three's and rebounding and not turning over the ball? I call bullhocky.

Against walk-ons . . . and one All-American? Is basketball that easy for the only "great" player on the floor?

C'mon, there are at least 4 4* players out there in IU jerseys. Something else has to be going on . . . it might be a long-term good thing, but something is going on . . . .

Reactions: raar2 and IUgradman
That's gotta be the hope . . . that we're building for the long-term and not for a momentary fix.
That’s about the only possible way to rationalize the disastrous start with this new coach. Wisconsin was a beatable team tonight and yet we lost by double digits while showing no sense of urgency to try and catchup the last five minutes. IU looked like they were just going through the motions.

95% of it is on the players with the lack of effort they show.

What appears to be a lack of effort often is actually confusion, thinking too much in reading the floor and trying to figure out what to do and not a lack of competitive desire . . .

. . . I'm going with the theory that this team entirely lacks confidence resulting from a complete discomfort with a new system . . .

. . . and my Exhibit A is Green, who actually has been a pretty good shooter and has shown both good effort and a pretty good bball IQ in the past . . . .

Last edited:
I think there's some of the "we're not his guys and he's not our coach" type of feel going on under the surface.
Very possible. You’d think those kids would’ve transferred before the season though. I think we’ll find out a lot after this year when transfers are announced.

There’s really no reason to get all defensive. I still believe in Archie. I think he can turn things around in time although I wouldn’t bet money on it. I just don’t see how anyone can call it a sure thing.

And I understand even great coaches have bad seasons where they’d admit they didn’t handle a team well. Obviously we’re hoping this is the anomaly season.

I’m really amazed at the weeping and gnashing of teeth on this board.

We were what, 18-16 last year? Lost our 3 best players - who were horrible defenders anyways?

Morgan is a decent player. Hartman is giving what he can. But this is a bad collection of players - especially our guards. Guys like Green and Durham you can understand somewhat because they’re young, but the seniors guards are horrendous. No leadership, poor defense, nothing consistent except inconsistency.

Archie isn’t perfect. He also isn’t a miracle worker.

What appears to be a lack of effort often is actually confusion, thinking too much in reading the floor and trying to figure out what to do and not a lack of competitive desire . . .

. . . I'm going with the theory that this team entirely lacks confidence resulting from a complete discomfort with a new system . . .

. . . and my Exhibit A is Green, who actually has been a pretty good shooter and has shown both good effort and a pretty good bball IQ in the past . . . .

Can you say “ paralysis by analysis “?

You make some great points there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT