ADVERTISEMENT

Someone please tell me Rob turned his ankle

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
Really worried about Achilles, as I didn't see any turned ankle or anything.

Reactions: mag48
I was thinking it was a knee issue. Looked at the replay and didn't really see anything. Hopefully not an Achilles

Hey! I asked someone to tell me he turned his ankle! Damn it!

I'll be surprised if its not an achilles. He wears taller socks, and the angle wasn't good. If it was achilles you'd see his whole lower leg shake. I didn't see that, but again, the angle wasn't good.

It looked like he was concerned with his foot, my thought is bone fracture before achilles.

It looked like he was concerned with his foot, my thought is bone fracture before achilles.
That'd likely be a much better diagnosis. Likely done for IU this year if so, but hope its something like that for his sake.

Totally sucks, but I’m very concerned it was achilles. Kid reminds me of Michael Penix. No breaks.

Could be ligament strain as well, but all speculation.
Can't imagine Coach wouldn't know if Rob had torn his achilles. Its literally a 1 minute test. Maybe he really hasn't checked on him? Or maybe he's just a really good actor?

Can't imagine Coach wouldn't know if Rob had torn his achilles. Its literally a 1 minute test. Maybe he really hasn't checked on him? Or maybe he's just a really good actor?
He’s not going to say anything right now regardless. If it is serious, you will see him in a boot or cast.

He’s not going to say anything right now regardless. If it is serious, you will see him in a boot or cast.
You're probably right. If it ends up that he ruptured his achilles, I'd day Coach didn't know that in the presser...just the way he answered the questions.

You're probably right. If it ends up that he ruptured his achilles, I'd day Coach didn't know that in the presser...just the way he answered the questions.
His expression really changed when he got the question. I think he knows but they didn't want to say during the presser for some reason.

His expression really changed when he got the question. I think he knows but they didn't want to say during the presser for some reason.
I wasn't paying close attention, mainly listening. If you're right, then yeah, I could see it. And it sucks balls.

I think he knew, but he didn’t want to distract from the quality win. Let the news come out tomorrow.

Either way he’s be done for the yr. ask Pat Graham about foot injuries.
Pat Graham's injury was complicated by the fact he was Type 1 diabetic.
Have hope Rob suffered a pulled/strained calf muscle at the most. Those injuries are short term debilitating like Rob was displaying. That's a hope.

Pat Graham's injury was complicated by the fact he was Type 1 diabetic.
Have hope Rob suffered a pulled/strained calf muscle at the most. Those injuries are short term debilitating like Rob was displaying. That's a hope.
good point, I forgot about that. Broken foot bones+ basketball player + Type 1 diabetic= bad combination. Only surefire way to heal- stop playing basketball.

good point, I forgot about that. Broken foot bones+ basketball player + Type 1 diabetic= bad combination. Only surefire way to heal- stop playing basketball.
Pats injury was overshadowed by what happened with Alan, but I recall Knight mentioning how much it hurt the team.

Pats injury was overshadowed by what happened with Alan, but I recall Knight mentioning how much it hurt the team.
Yep it did hurt them alot. Losing Rob would stink but it is not nearly as damaging as if we lost TJD or Race for the year. X will just have to play his usual 32 -25 minuts a game and Bates will need to step up.

Yep it did hurt them alot. Losing Rob would stink but it is not nearly as damaging as if we lost TJD or Race for the year. X will just have to play his usual 32 -25 minuts a game and Bates will need to step up.
puts a lot of pressure on XJ to stay out of foul trouble, which he has been doing a better job of recently (while still playing sticky defense). Just needs to avoid the stupid 'bump' fouls out on the perimeter that don't accomplish anything except landing him on the bench. We need 30+ min from him until further notice.

puts a lot of pressure on XJ to stay out of foul trouble, which he has been doing a better job of recently (while still playing sticky defense). Just needs to avoid the stupid 'bump' fouls out on the perimeter that don't accomplish anything except landing him on the bench. We need 30+ min from him until further notice.
It certainly would not be ideal but much mor manageable than losing TJD.

I'm actually more optimistic the longer this goes with no official word. Pretty sure they said the next morning Galloway would need surgery.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Mike Woodson on Rob Phinisee's diagnosis:

“I don’t know right now. He’s got to be evaluated probably sometime tomorrow. Somehow we have to get Khristian ready. He’s not ready either, that’s why he didn’t play tonight. We have to get one of them back. I don’t know when.” #iubb

“I don’t know right now. He’s got to be evaluated probably sometime tomorrow. Somehow we have to get Khristian ready. He’s not ready either, that’s why he didn’t play tonight. We have to get one of them back. I don’t know when.” #iubb
Does not sound great for now I guess we have to assume he is going to be out for awhile at least.

This was the quote from last night’s post game presser, correct?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT