Duckburg
I was bored.

Ramsey has 198 completions.
67 went for 10 yards or more.
That's 33.8%.

Penix has 21 completions.
6 went for 10 or more.
That's 28.6%.

Ramsey has 35 completions of 15 or more yards.
That's 17.7%.

Penix has 3 completions of 15 or more yards.
That's 14.3%.

Ramsey has 20 completions of 20 yards or more.
That's 10.1%

Penix has 2 completions for 20 yards or more (25 and 34).
That's 10%.

Ramsey has TD throws of 18, 3, 2, 9, 23, 6, 65, 2, 32, 19, 3, 33 and 21 yards.

Penix has 1 TD throw of 9.

Ramsey longest completion is 65.
Penix longest is 34.

Carry on, but argue from facts.

I was bored.

That's 33.8%.

6 went for 10 or more.
That's 28.6%.

That's 17.7%.

That's 14.3%.

That's 10.1%

That's 10%.

Penix longest is 34.

There's always one skunk at a garden party! ;):)

Most of these naysayers can't be bothered with facts...:D Thought you knew that...

Nice breakdown, by the way...

You could get into real trouble on here with that type of rational thought process... Don't say I didn't warn you...;)

I was bored.

That's 33.8%.

6 went for 10 or more.
That's 28.6%.

That's 17.7%.

That's 14.3%.

That's 10.1%

That's 10%.

Penix longest is 34.

Our of the dark comes a voice of reason how unusual, at least on this board.

I was bored.

That's 33.8%.

6 went for 10 or more.
That's 28.6%.

That's 17.7%.

That's 14.3%.

That's 10.1%

That's 10%.

Penix longest is 34.

Nice work on your part, but watch...facts are meaningless here. Emotions and bias' are everything.

Now I remember why I left this site for 12 years...

I was bored.

That's 33.8%.

6 went for 10 or more.
That's 28.6%.

That's 17.7%.

That's 14.3%.

That's 10.1%

That's 10%.

Penix longest is 34.

Also, only 40% of those completions came against P5 teams, compared to 80% for Ramsey

Reactions: 76-1
Good stuff and I like Ramsey, but based on the but what I saw with PSU game, I still say we saw the future in Penix.

Good stuff and I like Ramsey, but based on the but what I saw with PSU game, I still say we saw the future in Penix.

I understood the argument for both of them.

I like the way Ramsey manages a game and protects the ball.
I love Penix's arm - maybe the "most live" arm in my lifetime.

Ramsey better get even more effective - because when Penix becomes a "QB" and not just an arm, he can't be kept off the field.

I have no idea when that will be. Only the coaches can decide.

But our fate now rests with Ramsey and I'm all in.
Beat Minnuhsoda!

Also, only 40% of those completions came against P5 teams, compared to 80% for Ramsey

Yes, but ...

To be fair, I assume that if Penix had 289 passing attempts and 10 weeks with No. 1 reps, he might have better numbers too. Our catchers were clearly surprised by some of his throws. (That's another reason why, once you have a competition, and somebody wins, you stick with him. It takes time for catchers to adjust too - and doing it on the fly is sub-prime.)

I was bored.

That's 33.8%.

6 went for 10 or more.
That's 28.6%.

That's 17.7%.

That's 14.3%.

That's 10.1%

That's 10%.

Penix longest is 34.

Curious...any changes in your thoughts between Allen/Brohm? You had some pretty strong guarantees/declarations when we were 3-0 and Brohm was 0-3. That changed any?

Curious...any changes in your thoughts between Allen/Brohm? You had some pretty strong guarantees/declarations when we were 3-0 and Brohm was 0-3. That changed any?

Nope.

I still think both are good coaches.

I still think folks who already crap on Allen either hate Glass, hate religious people, or both.

Truth be told neither has fielded a team of his own making yet.

Both have shown both growing pains and promise.

Both have shown me he can identify and address problems.

If the folks who claim our facilities suck and facilities rule recruiting, then I guess Allen is the better recruiter since he is holding his own while strapped with such a burden.

Reactions: LeConte and 76-1
I was bored.

That's 33.8%.

6 went for 10 or more.
That's 28.6%.

That's 17.7%.

That's 14.3%.

That's 10.1%

That's 10%.

Penix longest is 34.

Ramsey's 65 yd TD was a post pass to Whop--maybe 20-25 yds in the air, the rest on Whop. His 33 yd TD pass was an under thrown ball to Hendershot, who nearly stopped waiting on the throw but still had time to run, maybe 5-15 yds to get into the end zone. The 33 yarder was to Ty. I'll give him credit for that throw--the best one I've seen him make.

PR & MP both avg. 6.44 yds per pass attempt. Ramsey has 13 TDs, but also 8 ints. For his career, he has 23 TDs 13 ints. The PE ratings are 131.9 for Ramsey, 125.6 for MP.

MP avg. 6.4 ypc on rushes, PR 2.2.

I was bored.

That's 33.8%.

6 went for 10 or more.
That's 28.6%.

That's 17.7%.

That's 14.3%.

That's 10.1%

That's 10%.

Penix longest is 34.

the organized trolls don't care what the numbers are, or that PR has 2 yr more experience.

they're here only to sow discord, they're not IU fans, and they aren't here by accident..

and we have no idea how many user names the one we're arguing with is posting under. nor is IP address always telling.

this is social media in 2018.. don't assume anything.

they're not MP fans, or PR fans, or IU fans, nor are they here just to discuss IU football..

mushroom, Larry, fpeaugh, fkfootball, gradman, Palmbeach, others.

if they look like trolls, and smell like trolls, and post like trolls, and do so consistently, they're probably trolls.

and they aren't trolling just for they're own amusement.

and this is no longer PEEGs, which had a stake in what went on here.

Verizon/Yahoo cares only about clicks.

Ramsey's 65 yd TD was a post pass to Whop--maybe 20-25 yds in the air, the rest on Whop. His 33 yd TD pass was an under thrown ball to Hendershot, who nearly stopped waiting on the throw but still had time to run, maybe 5-15 yds to get into the end zone. The 33 yarder was to Ty. I'll give him credit for that throw--the best one I've seen him make.

PR & MP both avg. 6.44 yds per pass attempt. Ramsey has 13 TDs, but also 8 ints. For his career, he has 23 TDs 13 ints. The PE ratings are 131.9 for Ramsey, 125.6 for MP.

MP avg. 6.4 ypc on rushes, PR 2.2.
How many times has Ramsey been sacked and how many times has Penix been sacked?
Not sure why he does not deserve credit on all three?
If he does not hit whop in stride then he may not score.
How about the ball to Hendershot was in his catch radius? Not too far underthrown and not overthrown.
the organized trolls don't care what the numbers are, or that PR has 2 yr more experience.

they're here only to sow discord, they're not IU fans, and they aren't here by accident..

and we have no idea how many user names the one we're arguing with is posting under. nor is IP address always telling.

this is social media in 2018.. don't assume anything.

they're not MP fans, or PR fans, or IU fans, nor are they here just to discuss IU football..

mushroom, Larry, fpeaugh, fkfootball, gradman, Palmbeach, others.

if they look like trolls, and smell like trolls, and post like trolls, and do so consistently, they're probably trolls.

and they aren't trolling just for they're own amusement.

and this is no longer PEEGs, which had a stake in what went on here.

Verizon/Yahoo cares only about clicks.
That is funny I am troll and I am not here to talk IU football. Not really sure how you come up with that one. But is really crazy!!! I think you can ask most and they will tell you 99% of my posts are positive towards IU Football. But hey if that is what you believe then go with it.

How about the ball to Hendershot was in his catch radius? Not too far underthrown and not overthrown.

That is funny I am troll and I am not here to talk IU football. Not really sure how you come up with that one. But is really crazy!!! I think you can ask most and they will tell you 99% of my posts are positive towards IU Football. But hey if that is what you believe then go with it.
Yes I think it is a BIG mistake including you (Palmbeach) with the trolls. I cannot understand what he must be thinking.

The sample size is kinda small,and Penix did'nt get to pad his stats aqainst cupcakes. Oh you left out int totals too. Did'nt fit the narrative i guess.

The sample size is kinda small,and Penix did'nt get to pad his stats aqainst cupcakes. Oh you left out int totals too. Did'nt fit the narrative i guess.
If you look at so called cupcakes you wil probably see that Ramsey’s numbers are down as we usually padded Stevie’s numbers in those games. Don’t know for a fact but don’t remember him having big games against Ball State or Rutgers. I guess you also consider FIU a cupcake although they went to a bowl game last year and could end up Conference USA champs this year.

If you look at so called cupcakes you wil probably see that Ramsey’s numbers are down as we usually padded Stevie’s numbers in those games. Don’t know for a fact but don’t remember him having big games against Ball State or Rutgers. I guess you also consider FIU a cupcake although they went to a bowl game last year and could end up Conference USA champs this year.
All these numbers are great...Bottom line is W-L and Penix has not had an opportunity to start and or finish a game. Meanwhile whats Ramsey's record against Big 10 competition? Put someone in the god-damned game who can finish and get us a W. Nothing else is worth talking about!

After reading most everyones posts after the loss to psu do any of you really care unless we get the W. That means charging down the field this week and scoring TD's! Not falling short on drives or falling apart in the redzone. Scores! Ramsey better step up and deliver OR find someone who can!

All these numbers are great...Bottom line is W-L and Penix has not had an opportunity to start and or finish a game. Meanwhile whats Ramsey's record against Big 10 competition? Put someone in the god-damned game who can finish and get us a W. Nothing else is worth talking about!

After reading most everyones posts after the loss to psu do any of you really care unless we get the W. That means charging down the field this week and scoring TD's! Not falling short on drives or falling apart in the redzone. Scores! Ramsey better step up and deliver OR find someone who can!
Why do people come on here and make threats? What you going to do if he does not “find someone who can”? Go find another team to bitch about?

Why do people come on here and make threats? What you going to do if he does not “find someone who can”? Go find another team to bitch about?
Ohhh gfy. Tired of the excuses and its not a threat. If it was a threat there would be ramifications presented. If he doesn't find someone who can his (CTA's) seat might start getting warmer. excuses excuses. CTA motto is finish. Then shut up and do it!

Regardless who the Hoosier quarterback is they need to think slide versus get the extra yard. Same thing next year.

Stupid post #43 from you. You never let me down. I tried reasoning with you some time back. You only get one shot. You know nothing about football...at all. I'm putting you on ignore as your just mucking up the place with total nonsense. Go get a Pop Warner book on FB and f**king read it until you can say something intelligible...

Stupid post #43 from you. You never let me down. I tried reasoning with you some time back. You only get one shot. You know nothing about football...at all. I'm putting you on ignore as your just mucking up the place with total nonsense. Go get a Pop Warner book on FB and f**king read it until you can say something intelligible...
Bwaaaahahaha ROTFLMAO...this coming from the great and powerful football OZ...taken with you in mind hiding behind the curtain fumbling like an a$$ over the control center whilst blowing smoke and looking foolish.

Did Ramsey give up the long kor after taking the lead or give the td? Did he fumble a punt or maybe a long kor to start the game? It is steam game. One man does not win or lose the game

Did Ramsey give up the long kor after taking the lead or give the td? Did he fumble a punt or maybe a long kor to start the game? It is steam game. One man does not win or lose the game
I understand that palm...Bottom line is the W. Its funny to see all the peeps around here get their panties twisted like a bunch a pussy snowflakes. Get the W. Are we capable of that this Saturday? Nobody knows who is gonna show up. Meanwhile the team up north is getting it done.

No we're not.

We play Friday.
Okay are we capable Friday? Nobody on this board has their finger on which team is gonna show up. Results at this point are all that matter. The defense sucks...special teams suck...and offense runs like a car with the engine light on. Nobody knows whats gonna happen when you turn the key.

Reactions: Mackt10
I understand that palm...Bottom line is the W. Its funny to see all the peeps around here get their panties twisted like a bunch a pussy snowflakes. Get the W. Are we capable of that this Saturday? Nobody knows who is gonna show up. Meanwhile the team up north is getting it done.
Hey feel your pain. Told my brother we find more ways to lose and it is most frustrating especially with the performance of the other place.

Reactions: Indianaftw

I also resent it. Lots of name calling by the boosters on here if you don't 100% agree with the party line.

I don't agree with you often, but calling you a troll is nonsense.

[
Okay are we capable Friday? Nobody on this board has their finger on which team is gonna show up. Results at this point are all that matter. The defense sucks...special teams suck...and offense runs like a car with the engine light on. Nobody knows whats gonna happen when you turn the key.

I know this. Ramsey has been pretty good this year. And very consistent. So you know what you're getting.

I said this a few weeks ago and I stand by it. But I honestly can't think of a player on the roster who has played better than Ramsey has. Perhaps that's the issue. Perhaps not. But it's not like this roster is packed full of studs who are getting it done and are being held back by the QB.

Reactions: IUCol
Yeah. Results do matter and, yeah, we don't know what's going to happen Friday. So here's a suggestion. Why not discontinue the rant for now and see what happens Friday.

I also resent it. Lots of name calling by the boosters on here if you don't 100% agree with the party line.

I don't agree with you often, but calling you a troll is nonsense.
I appreciate that but a troll is the last thing I am. Argumentative yes opinionated yes. But discussing our opinions is kind of the purpose at the end of day you probably are not gonna change your mind and I am probably not gonna change my mind. But you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that

Yeah. Results do matter and, yeah, we don't know what's going to happen Friday. So here's a suggestion. Why not discontinue the rant for now and see what happens Friday.
BUT thats just it..."we don't know". That's kinda sad at this point of the season. It was the same last year too. Killed Rutgers and lay an egg against purdue. Consistency should be in place by now.

Get a 1st down...RESULT holding OR we get a few 1st downs and stall in the redzone OR miss wide open opportunities OR jump offsides and go backwards.
Other team gets a 1st down...RESULT we missed tackles OR lack a pass rush OR are LB's are out of position
Special teams has a guy pinned...RESULT He goes for 60 while we look foolish OR missed tackles OR yada yada yada...

Now we go on the road to face another team in the same situation as IU. They need a W.

Its Al Davis time. Just Win Baby! Nothing else matters.

Yes, I understand Ramsey has had some sacks. I don't know if Penix has been sacked.....how about some credit for him for NOT getting sacked by PSU?

At one point I had looked up Penix and Ramsey's HS #s. Normally that wouldn't translate well to the college game, but for these two players they were interesting....

I don't have them now, but as I recall Ramsey's completion % was maybe 5% higher than Penix's.. They both had significant rushing yards, but Penix's average ypc was close to 2x that of Ramsey....maybe 9 ypc to 4.5........of course Penix took care of the ball well.....60 TD passes v. 6 ints, as I recall.

I think all of the above has been reflected so far in their respective college stats. Ramsey will have a slightly higher completion %, Penix will be more explosive on the ground. I think people who are afraid of Penix on the TO front should be reassured by his HS stats and the fact he hasn't thrown an int yet in college.

As far as Ramsey's TD throws.....I do think he hit Whop in stride. That was a good throw. I just think that MP has far more ability, going forward, to make those kind of throws. That doesn't mean PR never makes a good medium pass. Also, I personally do not remember a "bomb" to an outside WR that PR has hit in stride. I don't credit the Hendershot pass much. It was a called play and he was open by 10 yards. We were lucky on that pass.

One more thing about PR.....I'm not anti-PR, I'm pro MP. Pretty early on last year I had given up on Lagow. I had watched him in the spring game, and thought he still sucked. He came out and played great against OSU so I thought there might be some hope for him. 2-3 games into the season it was obvious the OSU game was an outlier.I took a lot of crap on here saying PR should be starting. There was a lot of 'coach knows best' being spouted then also. If you'll remember, there was plenty of talk going into the season by DeBord and Allen about how Lagow had turned the corner, was the team leader et al. By the end of the year, we were pining for PR. So it seems to me that some posters on here have a short memory when they place 100% belief in what the coaches say about QBs.

Yes, I understand Ramsey has had some sacks. I don't know if Penix has been sacked.....how about some credit for him for NOT getting sacked by PSU?

At one point I had looked up Penix and Ramsey's HS #s. Normally that wouldn't translate well to the college game, but for these two players they were interesting....

I don't have them now, but as I recall Ramsey's completion % was maybe 5% higher than Penix's.. They both had significant rushing yards, but Penix's average ypc was close to 2x that of Ramsey....maybe 9 ypc to 4.5........of course Penix took care of the ball well.....60 TD passes v. 6 ints, as I recall.

I think all of the above has been reflected so far in their respective college stats. Ramsey will have a slightly higher completion %, Penix will be more explosive on the ground. I think people who are afraid of Penix on the TO front should be reassured by his HS stats and the fact he hasn't thrown an int yet in college.

As far as Ramsey's TD throws.....I do think he hit Whop in stride. That was a good throw. I just think that MP has far more ability, going forward, to make those kind of throws. That doesn't mean PR never makes a good medium pass. Also, I personally do not remember a "bomb" to an outside WR that PR has hit in stride. I don't credit the Hendershot pass much. It was a called play and he was open by 10 yards. We were lucky on that pass.

One more thing about PR.....I'm not anti-PR, I'm pro MP. Pretty early on last year I had given up on Lagow. I had watched him in the spring game, and thought he still sucked. He came out and played great against OSU so I thought there might be some hope for him. 2-3 games into the season it was obvious the OSU game was an outlier.I took a lot of crap on here saying PR should be starting. There was a lot of 'coach knows best' being spouted then also. If you'll remember, there was plenty of talk going into the season by DeBord and Allen about how Lagow had turned the corner, was the team leader et al. By the end of the year, we were pining for PR. So it seems to me that some posters on here have a short memory when they place 100% belief in what the coaches say about QBs.
Again you don’t know what was happening in practice. I would assume that at that time they felt Lagow gave them the best chance to win until he proved he could not protect the ball. There was a quick hook.

BUT thats just it..."we don't know". That's kinda sad at this point of the season. It was the same last year too. Killed Rutgers and lay an egg against purdue. Consistency should be in place by now.

Get a 1st down...RESULT holding OR we get a few 1st downs and stall in the redzone OR miss wide open opportunities OR jump offsides and go backwards.
Other team gets a 1st down...RESULT we missed tackles OR lack a pass rush OR are LB's are out of position
Special teams has a guy pinned...RESULT He goes for 60 while we look foolish OR missed tackles OR yada yada yada...

Now we go on the road to face another team in the same situation as IU. They need a W.

Its Al Davis time. Just Win Baby! Nothing else matters.
This isn't exactly breaking news, but our four losses were to very good teams, with a combined record of 22-7. When a lesser team plays against that level of competition, some inconsistent play is inevitable. And the other team has a lot to do with that. Also, when you're playing a top tier opponent week after week, it's often hard to get a clear read as to what kind of a team you've actually got.

Now, for the first time since the Rutgers game, we're playing a team that's not among the Big Ten's elite. I think we'll have a pretty clear idea of where we are, and how far (or not) we've come, by around midnight tomorrow night.

We need six Ws for this to be a successful season. #5 almost certainly needs to come tomorrow. I've got faith in our boys.

I was bored.

That's 33.8%.

6 went for 10 or more.
That's 28.6%.

That's 17.7%.

That's 14.3%.

That's 10.1%

That's 10%.

Penix longest is 34.

Those are interesting stats. I wonder how many of the two QBs long passes were mostly short throws that became long passes due to yards after the catch?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT