ADVERTISEMENT

Some gossip

It's best for all sides that Durr moves on. Wish Michael Durr all the best, but he's not suited for success with Big Ten basketball. He's just not.

Wouldn't he have to sit a year?
A player can only use the portal once, correct?

I think he has the highest ceiling on the team. Athletic as hell. Good looking shot and can change the game. He is developing a three point shot and so is Race. I think Parker is gone and Kopp stays. If that plays out, Kopp should be coming off the bench. Should not be difficult to replace his 37% 3PT average and two buckets per game.
I think he is the best athlete in the B1G. He would make St. Johns Seton Hall etc a sure fire tourney team. I have no idea why he didn't play more. He got shafted this year in minutes for sure. Was obvious he need 25 mins a night.

Reactions: aajohn2000
I think he is the best athlete in the B1G. He would make St. Johns Seton Hall etc a sure fire tourney team. I have no idea why he didn't play more. He got shafted this year in minutes for sure. Was obvious he need 25 mins a night.
His inability to just be solid on D is why. It completely blows up a team defensive scheme. People see him block a shot and go crazy. They just don’t really get it.

Plus he fouls too much, and cant stay with an athletic wing, especially after a switch.

His inability to just be solid on D is why. It completely blows up a team defensive scheme. People see him block a shot and go crazy. They just don’t really get it.

Plus he fouls too much, and cant stay with an athletic wing, especially after a switch.
He can guard any 4 in the country very very well. He has a 7'2 wing span, strong as an ox, can jump out of the gym, and has great timing. He could get 10 RPG next year in his sleep. I would play him at the 4.

He can guard any 4 in the country very very well. He has a 7'2 wing span, strong as an ox, can jump out of the gym, and has great timing. He could get 10 RPG next year in his sleep. I would play him at the 4.
If he would have played 25 mins a game at the 4 that leaves 15 for Race. Wasn’t going to happen.
JG struggled guarding on the perimeter . Playing the two together didn’t seem like an option.
Here’s hoping for greater than 30 mins per at the 4 out of JG next year.
With Trayce at the 5

Reactions: brianiu
If he would have played 25 mins a game at the 4 that leaves 15 for Race. Wasn’t going to happen.
JG struggled guarding on the perimeter . Playing the two together didn’t seem like an option.
Here’s hoping for greater than 30 mins per at the 4 out of JG next year.
With Trayce at the 5
I think JG TJD and Race can play 5-3. Race can switch pretty well and can guard almost anyone. JG will get better at guarding wings. I would love X Tamar JG Race TJD.

Awareness, fundamentals, doesn't get low enough when on ball, loses sight of ball and man when off the ball ... it's not quickness that's the problem, it's his positioning and defensive awareness. It'll come with more experience and as the game slows down for him.

Agree and I would add his stance is too narrow thus impeding his lateral movement and keeping him off balance. Likely due due to his years of guarding post players, where a post defender walls up more. But he can work on that over the summer.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Great, another year of two guys that can't shoot clogging up the lane. Throw in Geronimo and Duncomb probably leaving and we've mortgaged our future on another average team.

Great, another year of two guys that can't shoot clogging up the lane. Throw in Geronimo and Duncomb probably leaving and we've mortgaged our future on another average team.
Michigan just dropped 55 on Nova.
The shot clock and 3 point line have greatly increased the offense.
Regression

Race leaves. Start JG and TJD at the 4 and 5 then bring in Duncomb for JG and move TJD to the 4 for a few minutes.

When I read your OP I first thought one of last years players put a gun to his head but i guessed that's not what you meant! :cool:

I think he has the highest ceiling on the team. Athletic as hell. Good looking shot and can change the game. He is developing a three point shot and so is Race. I think Parker is gone and Kopp stays. If that plays out, Kopp should be coming off the bench. Should not be difficult to replace his 37% 3PT average and two buckets per game.
I'd agree JG is developing his 3 pt shot, but you think Race is? I've accepted he is what he is and I think he'll always be a 30% guy roughly. Hope I'm wrong.

I'd agree JG is developing his 3 pt shot, but you think Race is? I've accepted he is what he is and I think he'll always be a 30% guy roughly. Hope I'm wrong.
Race is absolutely developing his 3 point shot. Are you kidding?

Its not like he’s Kopp who has been bombing his entire life.

I use the word “deveolping” loosely. Considering Race only began taking threes this past season, i do not think we’ve seen what he’s capable of. If we can get him hitting in high 30 percentile range, it certainly wouldn’t hurt the team. Same with JG.

Isn’t this the one site you hate @T.M.P. ?
Yea, they're basically a monkey throwing darts ... worst draft site on the internet.

Use THIS instead. He was the guy that ran Draft Express, until ESPN hired him. By far the most accurate over the years.

He will update at least two more times before draft.

Last edited:
TJD will get multiple 10-25k endorsement deals this summer. I bet he could make 250+ next year at IU. He is a celebrity.
Dumb. How much did he make this year? He’s not any more appealing next year than he was this year. I heard he got a Midas gift card or two but $250k is absurd.

Probably already discussed, but wondering. Are all major teams utilizing the NIL?....What teams or players are the front runners?
This seems to be getting complicated with the portal and immediate gratification.
Just curious as it appears this is way bigger than recruiting one and done players and the future.

If anyone on this board would like to give money to any specific player, I will 100% guarantee it all goes to them. I will get them to give said person a shout out, signed T, whatever.
What's the process to do this?

What's the process to do this?
Just DM me. Would be as easy as sending me the money and I’ll capture them thanking you on behalf of cavanaghs corner for the exact amount on video and send it to you.

Just DM me. Would be as easy as sending me the money and I’ll capture them thanking you on behalf of cavanaghs corner for the exact amount on video and send it to you.

You are staying in close contact with IU NIL on what’ s permissible, right?

Yea, they're basically a monkey throwing darts ... worst draft site on the internet.

Use THIS instead. He was the guy that ran Draft Express, until ESPN hired him. By far the most accurate over the years.

He will update at least two more times before draft.

Totally off topic question but I went to that site and it had Ivey going 4 and Johnny Davis going 9.
Is that a function of the teams and what they need?
It seems to me that Davis would be higher than Ivey.

Totally off topic question but I went to that site and it had Ivey going 4 and Johnny Davis going 9.
Ivey is seen as a possible triple threat PG. Probably has a higher upside to them.

Reactions: Al Bino

Davis’ 3 point shooting is where it needs to be. Being as high as he is while being mediocre from 3 is really quite impressive

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT