ADVERTISEMENT

Some Good News (maybe)

First of all Scott was a good RB for us, more on that later. But your original reply to the poster (who didn't make the comment to you in the first place) wasn't really about Scott it was to start an argument which based on your history you love to do. If there could be a targeting call on posters, you're the master.
Now his post was true, Scott was a very good back his first year and I looked forward to him being more productive in future years but also true was his productivity decreased year by year. He was not blessed with speed but when it was 3rd or 4th and 1 there wasn't anybody I'd rather have in there at RB. He was tough. Even though he was 9th in rushing yards all time he had a lot of carries. I'd put him in the top 20 running backs at IU but not top 10. Just my opinion. Am I glad we had him? Damn right.
I don't "start arguments." The other poster denigrated one of IU's best all-time running backs who gave his heart and soul to the Hoosiers for three years. Danc was wrong about Scott, so are you, and I explained to him how and why he was wrong by informing him of the lofty spot Scott occupies in a number of important program history categories. I responded with facts, not invective, which Danc seems to thrive on. (He blew up another thread yesterday by calling one of the most solid posters here a p*ssy).

Part of the reason Scott's rushing numbers dropped a bit is because the coaches got him more involved in the passing game, but the primary reason is because he played in fewer games his sophomore season (he got hurt), and in only 8 games his junior (final) season because IU played only 8 games. By your bizarre logic, and Danny's, you could argue his production for IU dropped dramatically in 2021, notwithstanding the fact that he wasn't even on the roster.

Conference coaches who, along with a select media panel, know a helluva lot more about the players than you and I, picked Scott as honorable mention All-Big Ten his freshman year, and then awarded him an even higher honor his sophomore and junior seasons by selecting him Second Team All-Big Ten. They obviously didn't perceive any dropoff in the quality of his play.

Finally, I'm not sure what your deal is. You don't seem to be particularly active on the board, yet you drop these bombs from time to time, and you've targeted me before. If my posts bother you so much, you might be better off putting me on ignore.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Well you sound like you are describing Carr. No he wasn't Jordan Howard but he was better than you describe. He didn't have the speed he needed.
No, I'm describing SC exactly. He had size but suffered underwhelming power, slow footed, not enough leg strength to push through arm tackles and only marginal balance. Simply Mike Hart polishing his resume by prioritizing his recruit. I list Jordan Howard a 9 out of 10 in B1G. Scott maybe a 4. He fell on a lot of opponents and ran over a very small # of opponents.

Last edited:
Scott was a good back under almost any metric. DANC initially acted like he was mediocre. I'd say laughing and countering that is fair game.

We could argue all day how good he was compared to our other rbs throughout history. However, comparing RBs in different offenses (i.e. different level of opportunity), different eras, etc are often comparing apples to oranges. Additionally, you have the question of how how you rank ground and pound RBs vs speedy RBs.

Scott wasn't the sexy back in that he didn't generally make the big breakaway splash plays (like Coleman) due to not having that kind of speed but to claim he was mediocre is worthy of being countered.
Liar. I never said he was mediocre. You guys love to set up a strawman of things I never said and then argue that point.

It's a sign of low intellect.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Scott is 9th in rushing yards in Indiana history and 7th in attempts, which aren't to far off each other. He also ranks 4th all time in touchdowns scored on the ground.

How anyone can say he's not a top 10 all time back is asinine.
1. Anthony ThomPson (edited - thanks 76-1)
2. Alex Smith
3. Mike Harkrader
4. Tevin Coleman
5. Jordan Howard.
6. John Isenbarger
7. Levron Williams
8. Vaughn Dunbar
9. Benjarvis Green-Ellis
10. George Taliafaro

Courtney Snyder is one I would possible put in the Top 10. Lonnie Johnson is also a possibility.

Not in that order

I've seen 9 of them play. And if anyone wants to argue Taliafaro isn't in the Top 10, then have at it.

It's not asinine at all to not consider him a Top 10 RB at IU.

Last edited:
1. Anthony Thomson
2. Alex Smith
3. Mike Harkrader
4. Tevin Coleman
5. Jordan Howard.
6. John Isenbarger
7. Levron Williams
8. Vaughn Dunbar
9. Benjarvis Green-Ellis
10. George Taliafaro

Courtney Snyder is one I would possible put in the Top 10. Lonnie Johnson is also a possibility.

Not in that order

I've seen 9 of them play. And if anyone wants to argue Taliafaro isn't in the Top 10, then have at it.

That's it... 😉 !!!!!

You've had your Official INDIANA Fan card pulled until you edit your post to reflect the correct spelling of Anthony Thompson's name... 😳🙈🙉😉🏈

Figured it'd be less cruel coming from a friend... (but it Had to be done 😉) 🇺🇸🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

How the hell did you get Isenbarger and Taliaferro right but f up Thompson's???? 🤔🤣😀🍺🍺🍺😀😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ESalum86
That's it... 😉 !!!!!

You've had your Official INDIANA Fan card pulled until you edit your post to reflect the correct spelling of Anthony Thompson's name... 😳🙈🙉😉🏈

Figured it'd be less cruel coming from a friend... (but it Had to be done 😉) 🇺🇸🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺
Well crap. I make a brilliant post and you gig me for a typo??? lol

Rock on.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
Liar. I never said he was mediocre. You guys love to set up a strawman of things I never said and then argue that point.

It's a sign of low intellect.

You said he was decent his first year and production went down every year after.

Excuse me if you can't muster up enough of the English language to get your point across accurately.

2. Alex Smith
3. Mike Harkrader
4. Tevin Coleman
5. Jordan Howard.
6. John Isenbarger
7. Levron Williams
8. Vaughn Dunbar
9. Benjarvis Green-Ellis
10. George Taliafaro

Not in that order

DANC is Reinstated as an Official INDIANA Fan (whew...(!) that was a close one!)... 😳

Anthony ThomPson thanks you...😉😄🍺

Last edited:
2. Alex Smith
3. Mike Harkrader
4. Tevin Coleman
5. Jordan Howard.
6. John Isenbarger
7. Levron Williams
8. Vaughn Dunbar
9. Benjarvis Green-Ellis
10. George Taliafaro

Not in that order

You left out Courtney Snyder and Lonnie Johnson. IMHO replace Williams and Green-Ellis. Maybe squeeze Ken Starling in there somewhere as well.

He didn't. It's Taliaferro.

Looks like we've Both temporarily lost our Fan cards...

I'm going back for an Edit to regain mine (I'm glad I checked my Ignore group 😎) ...

How embarrassing... 😔 Sorry George 😔

Better me than a few others.

You got me (twice). I'm not bothering to edit...

I declare you the Football Forum Winner on 12/10/21...

That and whatever Starbucks is charging these days will get you a cup of coffee...

You said he was decent his first year and production went down every year after.

Excuse me if you can't muster up enough of the English language to get your point across accurately.
LMAO! Do you even know what mediocre means?

2. Alex Smith
3. Mike Harkrader
4. Tevin Coleman
5. Jordan Howard.
6. John Isenbarger
7. Levron Williams
8. Vaughn Dunbar
9. Benjarvis Green-Ellis
10. George Taliafaro

Not in that order

Good looking list. The only one I may consider removing is Jordan Howard. Understand; I am NOT degrading his talent or results at all! I think he was the best combination of power and speed we've ever had at IU. I just find it hard to anoint him top 10 all time when in reality he only played about half a season; but what a half it was!

Good looking list. The only one I may consider removing is Jordan Howard. Understand; I am NOT degrading his talent or results at all! I think he was the best combination of power and speed we've ever had at IU. I just find it hard to anoint him top 10 all time when in reality he only played about half a season; but what a half it was!
I thought about that. But in terms of effectiveness when he was in, he'd be in my top 5, I think. I'd put him right there with AT, Mike Harkrader, and Alex Smith.

It still kills me Alex Smith didn't play his redshirt Senior year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT