ADVERTISEMENT

Some coaches we mentioned.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
We mentioned several coaches on here after Archie was dismissed. Guys like Andy Enfield, Ed Cooley, Kevin Williard, Travis Steele.

All of those guys are ranked in the top 25 and have their teams playing very well. A lot of those guys were dismissed by IU fans.

What is incredulous is that a struggling program like this that has the ability to attract coaches, would hire someone like Mike Woodson over a college coach who has proven himself at a harder job.

We mentioned several coaches on here after Archie was dismissed. Guys like Andy Enfield, Ed Cooley, Kevin Williard, Travis Steele.

All of those guys are ranked in the top 25 and have their teams playing very well. A lot of those guys were dismissed by IU fans.

What is incredulous is that a struggling program like this that has the ability to attract coaches, would hire someone like Mike Woodson over a college coach who has proven himself at a harder job.
We have a great coaching staff

Will you give a F****** rest!!
The decision was made and unless you have a load of money and a time machine, it can't be undone.
Support who we are.

We hired Woodson to appease the old players and the hire an IU guy crowd imo. We all know if he had not played at IU he would never ever have been given a look at all. The obvious hope is by hiring all these college bbal guys around him they can help turn him into a college coach. It is a very big risk and I guess time will tell if it works or not. But nothing we can do about it now Dolson went all in on this and will either be a genious or look like a fool someday.

we couldn't get any of those guys. this program isn't what it used to be.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy

eh, guess this crap is better than the racist shit you used to post

Reactions: IUgradman
Woodson will do fine here if he can bring in better players. We are stronger than last year but still not anywhere close to what we need to have from a talent standpoint. Our guard play is awful and we're still a soft team. We've been a soft team for years.

Lol all of this over a 10-3 college basketball team.

No, we did not. You though in your state of chronic butthurt and ignorance have mentioned every coach who wins a game, makes the tourney, or gets in the top 25.

So maybe STFU for once..

Woodson will do fine here if he can bring in better players. We are stronger than last year but still not anywhere close to what we need to have from a talent standpoint. Our guard play is awful and we're still a soft team. We've been a soft team for years.
are we stronger than last year? throw out the scrimmage games which we didn't have last year, we may actually be off to a slower start, took a really good Florida st team to the wire early last year. yesterday was a devasting loss for numerous reasons.

Who on this team starts on any other B1G team, other than TJD? When you think of it this way you realize just how untalented this team is.

Look at what was added. Xavier has serious decision making flaws, Parker is a great shooter, but what else? Kopp can be a decent shooter, but what else? Durr? And Bates hasn’t yet gotten started.

Unfortunately, the additions haven’t quite gotten us what we need. I do like Woody’s incoming freshman recruits, though. This experiment is going to take more than a season to develop and I’m willing to be patient, given the circumstances.

Who on this team starts on any other B1G team, other than TJD? When you think of it this way you realize just how untalented this team is.

Look at what was added. Xavier has serious decision making flaws, Parker is a great shooter, but what else? Kopp can be a decent shooter, but what else? Durr? And Bates hasn’t yet gotten started.

Unfortunately, the additions haven’t quite gotten us what we need. I do like Woody’s incoming freshman recruits, though. This experiment is going to take more than a season to develop and I’m willing to be patient, given the circumstances.
Agreed. I’ll give 2 years before getting pissed. Year 3 is when I start getting fed up when shit doesn’t change.

Really!? You’re making up shit because you have nothing else.

no, you said a couple years ago that IU needs more shooters who “look like you,” then claimed someone logged in as you and said that weird thing. True story. I just don’t want that fact lost amongst all this diarrhea you’ve been spewing here. Seems like folks show k is you’re soooo more than just annoying as af. Carry on

Lol all of this over a 10-3 college basketball team.
Minnesota is 10-1 but do you really think they are a great team? They beat Michigan but most of their wins were against terrible teams. The record right now is meaningless as the big ten just started.

We should be 12-1 at least and maybe 13-0 to be honest. Are three loses are not against good teams though you good argue Wisconsin is good but the other two are not. All games we probably should have won.

Our season is ahead of us, so it’s not time to draw conclusions yet. Assembly Hall will be rocking on Thursday, and this team has a chance to get right back on track with a win.

Our season is ahead of us, so it’s not time to draw conclusions yet. Assembly Hall will be rocking on Thursday, and this team has a chance to get right back on track with a win.
I doubt that. No students and tons of apathy around the program right now. Expect Holtmann to put on a clinic.

Reactions: bailey777

Dumb

I do not think there will be students for one but it is basically a must win for us now. We cannot start 1-3 honestly but I fully expect us to lose this game. Until this team proves it can finish games beating the likes of a ranked Ohio State team does not seem in the cards.

Ridiculous post & comparison, actually proves your ignorance. Enfield has been at USC for 9 years & has a stacked team that's been playing together & ranked 7th for a reason, of course they are doing better. We have 3 transfers starting who have not even known each other a year. The team has only been together 7 or 8 months tops. Providence - all seniors who have played together several years except Durham. Williard - been at Seton Hall 12 years, all starters only been at SH, 2 or 3 seniors I believe. Steele has been at Xavier for 4 years, building it & this year he is finally putting something together, but again has players been there working together except for Hunter. Who is to say any would have been doing better starting from scratch as Woodie has. IU did not play good at all this weekend, but Woodie is a great coach, but is no miracle worker. Again 3 starters are transfers trying to learn a new philosophy.

Ridiculous post & comparison, actually proves your ignorance. Enfield has been at USC for 9 years & has a stacked team that's been playing together & ranked 7th for a reason, of course they are doing better. We have 3 transfers starting who have not even known each other a year. The team has only been together 7 or 8 months tops. Providence - all seniors who have played together several years except Durham. Williard - been at Seton Hall 12 years, all starters only been at SH, 2 or 3 seniors I believe. Steele has been at Xavier for 4 years, building it & this year he is finally putting something together, but again has players been there working together except for Hunter. Who is to say any would have been doing better starting from scratch as Woodie has. IU did not play good at all this weekend, but Woodie is a great coach, but is no miracle worker. Again 3 starters are transfers trying to learn a new philosophy.
Agreed, especially with Steele. Steele was gifted one of the most consistent programs in the country and has yet to take the Musketeers to the tournament. That will change this year but I can tell you Steele's seat was steadily getting warm up until the start of this season.

Wasn't Archie considered to be the real hot guy back in the day because he won at Dayton? What we found out is that you can win at a lower tier school but you can't always do it in the prime time. I don't want another Archie. I think the administration did it right. They got an IU guy. We spent 20 years staying away from anybody who had anything to do with Coach Knight and what did it get us? Nothing but mediocre play. I think Woodson will end up being a great hire because he will get this thing rolling.

are we stronger than last year? throw out the scrimmage games which we didn't have last year, we may actually be off to a slower start, took a really good Florida st team to the wire early last year. yesterday was a devasting loss for numerous reasons.
All is lost and the sky is falling

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion

Wasn't Archie considered to be the real hot guy back in the day because he won at Dayton? What we found out is that you can win at a lower tier school but you can't always do it in the prime time. I don't want another Archie. I think the administration did it right. They got an IU guy. We spent 20 years staying away from anybody who had anything to do with Coach Knight and what did it get us? Nothing but mediocre play. I think Woodson will end up being a great hire because he will get this thing rolling.
Who knows but the archie hire was odd to say the least and why having glass make it was a horrible idea. It had been tried before and usually failed. It was clear early on archie was over his head. I would be stunned if he ever gets and succeeds at a power 5 school. His brother did ok buying 5 stars but never made a final four. I guess the theory was archie ball could be like bennett. It wasnt.

I tried to buy into the hire but other than getting romeo it sermed bland and boring. Doomed to fail it seemed.

Who knows but the archie hire was odd to say the least and why having glass make it was a horrible idea. It had been tried before and usually failed. It was clear early on archie was over his head. I would be stunned if he ever gets and succeeds at a power 5 school. His brother did ok buying 5 stars but never made a final four. I guess the theory was archie ball could be like bennett. It wasnt.

I tried to buy into the hire but other than getting romeo it sermed bland and boring. Doomed to fail it seemed.
The hire was odd? In what way?

I wish the revisionist history from some here would STOP.
Any list I saw and I saw several, had AM as the TOP hire that year. All the talking heads thought it was a great hire. Most seemed to think he was in line for the OSU job.
RMK himself, endorsed him.
It didn't work out but unless you can foresee the future, it was a good hire.

Any list I saw and I saw several, had AM as the TOP hire that year. All the talking heads thought it was a great hire. Most seemed to think he was in line for the OSU job.
Except for the Alford fanatic fanboys. 🤣

I believe our next coach is Fife. I don't think we are looking further. Woody has already returned IU to traditional values i.e. defense. We may not have the talent to pull it off every time but the foundation is there. Offense works too if you make shots and free throws. (Sarcasm) If you don't see it yet, look at the sets and not the results. I think you'll be happier than you think. Hope so. Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: Hoosier in SC
I believe our next coach is Fife. I don't think we are looking further. Woody has already returned IU to traditional values i.e. defense. We may not have the talent to pull it off every time but the foundation is there. Offense works too if you make shots and free throws. (Sarcasm) If you don't see it yet, look at the sets and not the results. I think you'll be happier than you think. Hope so. Go Hoosiers!
Absolutely, Woodson is here to get program on track & groom his successor - Coach Fife.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Absolutely, Woodson is here to get program on track & groom his successor - Coach Fife.
Why does Fife need grooming? He's coached the college game much longer than Woody. Spent a decade learning from arguably the 2nd best coach in B1G history and was a D1 HC before that.

Reactions: bailey777

I never liked the hire from day one and I was on record with that. It was odd to hire a mid major coach who had one elite 8 run and had never won at a power 5 school. We were supposed to be hiring a guy who was going to win us big ten championships per Fred Glass. To me that means finding someone who had proven they can win at a high level not taking a chance on a mid major guy because these type of hires often do not work out.

Why does Fife need grooming? He's coached the college game much longer than Woody. Spent a decade learning from arguably the 2nd best coach in B1G history and was a D1 HC before that.
I have to assume he is as well and would have no issue if he takes over within the next two years. Woodson is like 64 and basically retirement age. Sure there are older coaches like coach K but Duke recruits itself at this point. Woodson can be a filler coach I think but Fife should have the job soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT