ADVERTISEMENT

Softball Wins Walk-Off Thriller In Big Ten Tourney With Proper Coaching!

Dude Where Is My Car

Benchwarmer
May 24, 2017
Softball just walked it off in the Big Ten Tournament in a game they had no business winning and Jeff Mercer never would have found a way to win. The difference in the discipline Shonda Stanton has installed is night and day from Mercer. Stanton has taken a program that sucked and made them among the best in the league while Mercer babysat the top dog of the 2010's in Big Ten baseball for a tourney appearance and made team far worse after.

Stanton's bunch was shutdown by elite pitching (not average arms as Mercer teams make look great always). However, they were patient, worked the pitcher and still managed solo home runs in between before their bats got going in extra innings for the win. The night and day difference between the two is Stanton develops her players properly for hitting and makes correct decisions in game. Mercer could learn from her and if he does I could stop the criticism.

Stanton is building a legitimate power that will be good for years to come. Mercer is winning with good talent but underachieving. I would not be surprised with both teams being young if Shonda has her team in the college world series in a couple years as she builds this up. Mercer meanwhile maybe can scrape by his deficiencies for a couple tournament appearances in next couple of seasons but would not be surprised if team misses tourney this yr or next despite the talent.

Congrats to Coach Stanton and I love following her squad more going forward and pray baseball can continue to win on talent with substandard coaching. Rooting for both but much more confident in the ladies leadership.

Softball just walked it off in the Big Ten Tournament in a game they had no business winning and Jeff Mercer never would have found a way to win. The difference in the discipline Shonda Stanton has installed is night and day from Mercer. Stanton has taken a program that sucked and made them among the best in the league while Mercer babysat the top dog of the 2010's in Big Ten baseball for a tourney appearance and made team far worse after.

Stanton's bunch was shutdown by elite pitching (not average arms as Mercer teams make look great always). However, they were patient, worked the pitcher and still managed solo home runs in between before their bats got going in extra innings for the win. The night and day difference between the two is Stanton develops her players properly for hitting and makes correct decisions in game. Mercer could learn from her and if he does I could stop the criticism.

Stanton is building a legitimate power that will be good for years to come. Mercer is winning with good talent but underachieving. I would not be surprised with both teams being young if Shonda has her team in the college world series in a couple years as she builds this up. Mercer meanwhile maybe can scrape by his deficiencies for a couple tournament appearances in next couple of seasons but would not be surprised if team misses tourney this yr or next despite the talent.

Congrats to Coach Stanton and I love following her squad more going forward and pray baseball can continue to win on talent with substandard coaching. Rooting for both but much more confident in the ladies leadership.

I fixed it for you...

Softball just walked it off in the Big Ten Tournament in a game they had no business winning . The difference in the discipline Shonda Stanton has installed is night and day. Stanton has taken a program and made them among the best in the league.

Stanton's bunch was shutdown by elite pitching. However, they were patient, worked the pitcher and still managed solo home runs in between before their bats got going in extra innings for the win. Stanton develops her players properly for hitting and makes correct decisions in game.

Stanton is building a legitimate power that will be good for years to come. I would not be surprised if Shonda has her team in the college world series in a couple years as she builds this up.

Congrats to Coach Stanton and I love following her squad more going forward and pray baseball can continue to win. Rooting for both.

But yesterday HRs were an afterthought. Luck. Today it’s brilliant coaching. Dumb mfer.

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier

Five hits. Three were HRs.

Yesterday, Mercer's squad had 6 hits and four were HRs and you discounted the HRs.

You're an effing clown

Ridiculous, IU Ladies are #2 in conference, playing in the Championship game this afternoon and nothing being mentioned on Rivals, on the Tweet section, not even by any of the IU reporters.
IU ladies BB gets the same type of coverage and direspect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT