ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer

Now that I think about, yeah it’s kind of a humiliation. But then again if he does a good job and Xavi Alonso can’t be acquired, maybe he gets to stick around? United haven’t had a real Director of Football since Ferguson left. Maybe that will help?
i don't really know much about football operations. more accurately i don't really know anything about football operations. what i can say is that i have watched 99.99999999% of all of the moments that messi has played. and i want to know if i will ever get to see someone who plays like long haired messi again before i die. my guess is no. no one has ever come close to long haired messi. i'm going to really, really miss him.

602b1874c8686cf1c2270c15c4e2b07b.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: larsIU
Ronaldo and Messi. Last generation of footballers to grow up without a ****ing phone in their hand at age ten.

But I think we’ll see others in the same vein as both. I thought Mbappe but he needed to ge the **** out of PSG two or three years ago. Maybe he still can. More Ronaldo of course.

Messi is trickier because of the skill. But I think we’ll see it again.

Hopefully…..an American.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Ronaldo and Messi. Last generation of footballers to grow up without a ****ing phone in their hand at age ten.

But I think we’ll see others in the same vein as both. I thought Mbappe but he needed to ge the **** out of PSG two or three years ago. Maybe he still can. More Ronaldo of course.

Messi is trickier because of the skill. But I think we’ll see it again.

Hopefully…..an American.
crazy to think re a phone. mbappe is 25. he's not in the same stratosphere as long haired messi. long haired messi had skill like no other. im half a century old and i would put down good money that i won't see another messi before i croak. he doesn't do it anymore but there was a three year period where he kept doing these little tiny chips over the goalkeepers. that was the apex for a sport. i don't think we'll see another long haired messi any time soon

crazy to think re a phone. mbappe is 25. he's not in the same stratosphere as long haired messi. long haired messi had skill like no other. im half a century old and i would put down good money that i won't see another messi before i croak. he doesn't do it anymore but there was a three year period where he kept doing these little tiny chips over the goalkeepers. that was the apex for a sport. i don't think we'll see another long haired messi any time soon
Whenever he was on the field in those days it was like Bonds at home plate. It’s just frightening.

• Love
Lucho, in the 99th minute, for the win!

the biggest distinguishing factor that you can notice right away in homegrown kids and college kids coming up and all the rest that play in mls from the elites that come into the league, even if they're approaching 40, is composure, particularly composure in and around the box. 99 percent of the league slams that ball wide. over the net. duffs it. he just slots it in. smooth as can be

the biggest distinguishing factor that you can notice right away in homegrown kids and college kids coming up and all the rest that play in mls from the elites that come into the league, even if they're approaching 40, is composure, particularly composure in and around the box. 99 percent of the league slams that ball wide. over the net. duffs it. he just slots it in. smooth as can be
As soon as he got the ball I think he knew he had them beat. He is insanely fun to watch. We will be at the game this Saturday. Oh, and FCC also had this little gem tonight:

i don't really know much about football operations. more accurately i don't really know anything about football operations. what i can say is that i have watched 99.99999999% of all of the moments that messi has played. and i want to know if i will ever get to see someone who plays like long haired messi again before i die. my guess is no. no one has ever come close to long haired messi. i'm going to really, really miss him.

602b1874c8686cf1c2270c15c4e2b07b.jpg
You're going to love watching the minion play 100 times more than the best version of Messi.

Just wait.

The best is that I have multiple close friends with kids who are currently playing on mls teams. On our group chats I always interject pics of him playing too. So absurd looking 🤣
Treasure every moment.

And if you really want him to be dominant, with a drive to compete, win, and practice all the time, it's really simple: make it clear that your love is contingent on his being great. :)

Treasure every moment.

And if you really want him to be dominant, with a drive to compete, win, and practice all the time, it's really simple: make it clear that your love is contingent on his being great. :)
Yea. Conditional. Speaking of offspring how’s summer shaping up for your little Gretzky?

Yea. Conditional. Speaking of offspring how’s summer shaping up for your little Gretzky?
He's got the week off. At a sleep away camp with his best friends. Sports and general screwing around. This is his third year. Says its the best week of his life.

I'm lonely as hell without him.

Re hockey, he's doing a bunch of stuff this summer but his 3 v 3 team through the high school is winless so far and is getting crushed every game. I think it'll be club for him next year.

Aside: he grew his hair out over two years and had rocker flow. Really think mane. Flow. Looked good. For 8th grade graduation, him and his buddy got buzz cuts. Now he looks like he's 10 years old again.

He's got the week off. At a sleep away camp with his best friends. Sports and general screwing around. This is his third year. Says its the best week of his life.

I'm lonely as hell without him.

Re hockey, he's doing a bunch of stuff this summer but his 3 v 3 team through the high school is winless so far and is getting crushed every game. I think it'll be club for him next year.

Aside: he grew his hair out over two years and had rocker flow. Really think mane. Flow. Looked good. For 8th grade graduation, him and his buddy got buzz cuts. Now he looks like he's 10 years old again.
Love it!! HE’S LIVING WHITE BOY SUMMER!!! Out at camp. No parents. Buzz cut!!! That’s the life!! I’m jealous!!!

My daughter is away at camp this week too. She’s frightening and I’m dreading her return! 13 yr old Sybil

Lots of love for Luciano Acosta
Had to look up French tuck. This is what I got:

And here I thought a "French tuck" was some new plastic surgery procedure - either that, or some new variation on a Cleveland Steamer

Jesus England. Top player on champions league champs. Top player on premier league champs. Top scorer in Germany.

• Haha
@Noodle another stupid mls thing. Stl is
3-10-6. An absurd record. Yet only 6 points out of the playoffs AND has a game in hand. How bad does a team have to be to miss the playoffs lol. Let fewer teams in. Make the season mean something. Sign 2 guys in July win just a few games and you’re in

I didn’t watch it. I watched the Germany Swiss game. +10 yeah that’s nutty. They’re even doing extended extra time in mls now. Bizarre
There was an injury stoppage late that lasted like 6 or 7 minutes.

Sounded like the Germany match was fun late, too.

The Scots are so frustrating to watch. They can dribble and pass, but once they get the ball in a threatening position, they just look lost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT