ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer

Despite below Stl City SC has the lowest payroll in mls and has an absolutely awful style of play. i'm an admitted snob but they are barely watchable. as a business i'm fascinated by mls (having watched so many leagues and franchises struggle/fail) - how long does this disconnect in Stl last.

Demand for St. Louis City SC tickets “isn’t slowing,” as for the second year in a row fans are “paying much bigger prices for tickets on the resale market than backers of nearly all other MLS clubs,” according to Ethan Erickson of the ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH. In a recent examination of secondary-market ticket sales data for all 29 MLS clubs' recent home games, St. Louis City SC and Inter Miami, which features F Lionel Messi, are “garnering far higher prices than the other 27 clubs.” The ticket price for St. Louis City SC’s two most recent games is about $75, “which doesn't include fees, usually about 20%, levied by sites.” That puts the “total price to get into a City SC game at about $90 per ticket.” Inter Miami is “just a few dollars more,” and no other team “is close to those two.” Erickson noted tickets for most MLS clubs cost “between $15 and $30 to get in the door.” Given a 98% renewal rate for season tickets this season, St. Louis City SC “still has about 12,500 people on its season-ticket waiting list.” Through April, of the more than 5,500 tickets sold on the secondary market for St. Louis City SC games this year, home and away, the “56 highest-priced tickets all were for games at CityPark” (ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH, 5/9).
Cincinnati get in price is typically $35+. Right now, it's $172 for Inter Miami.

The most aggravating thing for me right now is that Cincinnati does not have another game until June 15 and no home game until June 19. That's a three week gap between home games. Then there is gap of > a month in August for the Leagues Cup games.

Cincinnati get in price is typically $35+. Right now, it's $172 for Inter Miami.

The most aggravating thing for me right now is that Cincinnati does not have another game until June 15 and no home game until June 19. That's a three week gap between home games. Then there is gap of > a month in August for the Leagues Cup games.
i think at some point in the not too distant future mls is going to have to look at its schedule. it makes little sense

Reactions: larsIU and Noodle
This is a pretty epic day. Stl City Sc plays inter Miami. The last legit pro team we had here was from 68-77. The St Louis Stars who played in the old NASL. Unlike most of the other teams the stars relied on local players. Many of my friends’ dads played. They played most of their games at Washington University. A D3 school. In 77 they became the Calif Surf. Not since 77 have we had top level pro outdoor. Until last year. Tonight they play the greatest player in history

If someone would have said to me 5 years ago that in 2024 Stl’s pro outdoor team will be playing against Messi I would have said they are insane

This is a pretty epic day. Stl City Sc plays inter Miami. The last legit pro team we had here was from 68-77. The St Louis Stars who played in the old NASL. Unlike most of the other teams the stars relied on local players. Many of my friends’ dads played. They played most of their games at Washington University. A D3 school. In 77 they became the Calif Surf. Not since 77 have we had top level pro outdoor. Until last year. Tonight they play the greatest player in history

If someone would have said to me 5 years ago that in 2024 Stl’s pro outdoor team will be playing against Messi I would have said they are insane
When did you graduate high school? One of my good buddies is Tim Ernst. Tim is a St. Louis guy who played at Evansville. Oddly enough, I remember him scoring the goal that knocked you out of the tournament. Fast-forward 25 years or so and he's coaching one of my kids. Great guy.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
When did you graduate high school? One of my good buddies is Tim Ernst. Tim is a St. Louis guy who played at Evansville. Oddly enough, I remember him scoring the goal that knocked you out of the tournament. Fast-forward 25 years or so and he's coaching one of my kids. Great guy.
Too funny!!! That was a great Evansville team!!! #1 in the country. He’s a little older than I am

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Milton
Mourinho's last coaching gig? Fenerbache......I mean it has to be his last opportunity to coach unless he goes to MLS.....He's going to be miserable. No transfer money to speak of, but likely would play in the Champions League. He would have this stretch where he would be really good for a couple of years and then the players revolt. That 2 year span is now like maybe a year and half. He might be better served being Portugal's national team coach.

Mourinho's last coaching gig? Fenerbache......I mean it has to be his last opportunity to coach unless he goes to MLS.....He's going to be miserable. No transfer money to speak of, but likely would play in the Champions League. He would have this stretch where he would be really good for a couple of years and then the players revolt. That 2 year span is now like maybe a year and half. He might be better served being Portugal's national team coach.
Super miserable. Even if not Portugal some other country. Portugal may not want him - crazy as that sounds. I love him personally but would hate to play that way.

I just Dortman and Bainer something play 7 on 7 in a tournament. Now watching Wrexham and Saturdays. I can watch this!!

USMNT gets stomped 5-1 yesterday. Brazil is next, and coming up very soon. If they perform similarly, does GGG start feeling the pressure? Can the US afford to look so disheveled with the very important WC coming up?

Tough draw. Real Colorado, Scott Gallagher, and some club from Michigan in our group.

"Soccer Rankings" says it will be tough for us to advance. 😬
that's definitely tough! hopefully you get to play at soccer park. best concessions by far and kind of our mecca for soccer. was bought by AB and taken over by world wide tech. cool company. two founders. one played at slu and for the steamers and the other is i believe the second wealthiest black man in the world

lot of great games played there over the years including world cup qualifiers

that's definitely tough! hopefully you get to play at soccer park. best concessions by far and kind of our mecca for soccer. was bought by AB and taken over by world wide tech. cool company. two founders. one played at slu and for the steamers and the other is i believe the second wealthiest black man in the world

lot of great games played there over the years including world cup qualifiers
We're at WWT for all three pool games. Wife said there's a pub onsite?

Stadium chairs (stands) or taligate chairs (no stands)?

oh nice! not really a pub but decent concessions and way better than creve coeur and st chuck. oh yeah bleachers. main field probably holds 5,000 capacity

hey as an aside i'm amazed that they schedule this shit during the week. that they just assume parents can take off. what's nationals? ten days. i grew up playing for busch. back then where you lived was who you played for. south was busch and gallagher was north. we went out of town once a year. that was it. you stayed in a holidome, ate pizza hut with pitchers of mountain dew, and spent the entire year looking forward to the trip. you still played CYC and high school.

amazing how it's all changed

Reactions: larsIU
hey as an aside i'm amazed that they schedule this shit during the week. that they just assume parents can take off. what's nationals? ten days. i grew up playing for busch. back then where you lived was who you played for. south was busch and gallagher was north. we went out of town once a year. that was it. you stayed in a holidome, ate pizza hut with pitchers of mountain dew, and spent the entire year looking forward to the trip. you still played CYC and high school.

amazing how it's all changed
This is ECNL-RL Regionals...kinda like the NCAA baseball tourney. Two groups of 8 in each Regional (16 teams in STL). Group play, then the 4 winners knock it down to two that advance to Nationals in Virginia in July.

My daughter also plays with the ECNL-NL squad. We go out to Seattle next Thursday for a week long Champions League knockout series until only 8 teams are left. You make the final 8, you go to Richmond as well for Finals same time as ECNL-RL.

Plus Bloomington South practice when she can. 😄

This is ECNL-RL Regionals...kinda like the NCAA baseball tourney. Two groups of 8 in each Regional (16 teams in STL). Group play, then the 4 winners knock it down to two that advance to Nationals in Virginia in July.

My daughter also plays with the ECNL-NL squad. We go out to Seattle next Thursday for a week long Champions League knockout series until only 8 teams are left. You make the final 8, you go to Richmond as well for Finals same time as ECNL-RL.

Plus Bloomington South practice when she can. 😄
Good luck!!!!

Good luck!!!!
Took a tough L yesterday. They had 3 good chances, scored on 2. We had 10+, including 4 off the posts, and got nothing.

Have Scottie G's today. Had to move it from WWT to grass fields up on the north side because the turf was too hot. 😄

Parent's pregame at Rookie's Bar and Grill. 😄🍺

Took a tough L yesterday. They had 3 good chances, scored on 2. We had 10+, including 4 off the posts, and got nothing.

Have Scottie G's today. Had to move it from WWT to grass fields up on the north side because the turf was too hot. 😄

Beers for the dads and oranges for the kids. Best times ever!!!

Because you’re my boy I’m going to give you a pro tip. Some of those kids are paying close to $15k a year. Those are kids who aren’t used to getting kicked. You tell your girls put an elbow in right from the start

Damnnnnn!! Euros start today AND copa this month. Wow!!!!!

WHITE BOY SUMMER!!!!!!
Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

• Haha
It’s you too son. My neighbor last week texted me to come over. They’re sitting outside having drinks. So I jumped in the shower and got dressed and told my daughter I’m going down the street to sit outside at so and so’s patio to have drinks if you need me. She looked at her friends and goes “White Boy Summer” and they all bust out laughing. Whatever. Little bitches.

But now we run with it. You’re in!

WHITE BOY SUMMER

Ronaldo today. Messi thursday. Getting close to the end with these two. End of one hell of an era
Mbappe broken nose. Hope he doens't miss much. Ugly bastard anyway so he'll be fine.

Belguim's golden generation is dead.

England needs a new manager. Germany rolling.

Watch out for Spain.

• Haha
Mbappe broken nose. Hope he doens't miss much. Ugly bastard anyway so he'll be fine.

Belguim's golden generation is dead.

England needs a new manager. Germany rolling.

Watch out for Spain.
Did hazard just quit? Trading Pokémon cards or something?

Lol mbappe. He seems like a really good dude

Did hazard just quit? Trading Pokémon cards or something?

Lol mbappe. He seems like a really good dude
Hazard just got fat. Injuries derailed him. Those couple years with Chelsea where he looked (with the right eyes) like a dimestore Messi.

Agree on Mbappe. I just wish United had been a place to make a real run at him. Alas.

Funny thing on Ten Hag. So, he gets to stay for one more year (sounds like IU basketabll) but they've apparently stripped his ability to sign players (that Antony deal just blowing up on him badly). So, he's just a coach now.

I actually wonder if that's not a bad thing for him. He has a system. He just needs players for it. Maybe he's just a shit talent evaluator.

• Haha
Hazard just got fat. Injuries derailed him. Those couple years with Chelsea where he looked (with the right eyes) like a dimestore Messi.

Agree on Mbappe. I just wish United had been a place to make a real run at him. Alas.

Funny thing on Ten Hag. So, he gets to stay for one more year (sounds like IU basketabll) but they've apparently stripped his ability to sign players (that Antony deal just blowing up on him badly). So, he's just a coach now.

I actually wonder if that's not a bad thing for him. He has a system. He just needs players for it. Maybe he's just a shit talent evaluator.
I’m sort of surprised ten hag would agree to that

Reactions: larsIU
I’m sort of surprised ten hag would agree to that
Now that I think about, yeah it’s kind of a humiliation. But then again if he does a good job and Xavi Alonso can’t be acquired, maybe he gets to stick around? United haven’t had a real Director of Football since Ferguson left. Maybe that will help?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT