ADVERTISEMENT

So were the ATL murders hate crimes against Asians or Happy Ending Sellers?

According to the local sheriff, the shooter had a "bad day". And it turns out he's not to keen on Asians:

I'm so sick of these people.

Reactions: Bill4411
According to the local sheriff, the shooter had a "bad day". And it turns out he's not to keen on Asians:

249340faaa736213f111b9a9efa0265c

I'm so sick of these people.
This is the narrative all right. Per normal sources he was a Christian zealot who targeted sex workers who “enticed him” and he wanted to eliminate the enticement.

But the media wants us to jump right to racism. Don’t fall for it.

adding: I can’t get enough of @Kmele (Kmele Foster) on Twitter. The guy’s a freaking hero for bucking the narrative and dissects the news with precision. You’re (we’re) all being played by the media and special interest groups that invented their own industry who only want to divide us.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the narrative all right. Per normal sources he was a Christian zealot who targeted sex workers who “enticed him” and he wanted to eliminate the enticement.

I agree that it's best not to jump to conclusions, but "a witness told major South Korean newspaper The Chosun Ilbo that Long shouted, “I am going to kill all Asians” while opening fire at one location.

So there's that. Then you have the sheriff who is pretty clearly racist...selling t-shirts on his Facebook page that said "Covid 19 IMPORTED VIRUS FROM CHY-NA”.

Last edited:

adding: I can’t get enough of @Kmele (Kmele Foster) on Twitter. The guy’s a freaking hero for bucking the narrative and dissects the news with precision. You’re (we’re) all being played by the media and special interest groups that invented their own industry who only want to divide us.

It's almost like the media refuses to believe the facts because it doesn't fit their narrative... hmm...

I agree that it's best not to jump to conclusions, but "a witness told major South Korean newspaper The Chosun Ilbo that Long shouted, “I am going to kill all Asians” while opening fire at one location.

So there's that. Then you have the sheriff who is pretty clearly racist...selling t-shirts on his Facebook page that said "Covid 19 IMPORTED VIRUS FROM CHY-NA”.
We can agree not to jump to conclusions. The media hasn’t agreed to that though, have they? Instead like everything all day long it’s Racist!

As to what the shooter yelled I’m sure that’ll come out during trial or the investigation. And I disagree that mocking China for the Coronavirus is racist. First of all, Chinese isn’t a race, and second of all, while demonstrating a lack of judgment as a public official (which joins him to thousands of others), it’s a joke about how Trump pronounces China. Dumb yes. Racist!? I don’t know - but the narrative has already cancelled the bald captain. For what? What purpose does making every thing about race serve, good Dr?

It's almost like the media refuses to believe the facts because it doesn't fit their narrative... hmm...
To be fair it very well could be race related. But the initial statements of the perp indicate it wasn’t. But in the court of public opinion it’s already been decided. And further into division we go....

We can agree not to jump to conclusions. The media hasn’t agreed to that though, have they? Instead like everything all day long it’s Racist!

As to what the shooter yelled I’m sure that’ll come out during trial or the investigation. And I disagree that mocking China for the Coronavirus is racist. First of all, Chinese isn’t a race, and second of all, while demonstrating a lack of judgment as a public official (which joins him to thousands of others), it’s a joke about how Trump pronounces China. Dumb yes. Racist!? I don’t know - but the narrative has already cancelled the bald captain. For what? What purpose does making every thing about race serve, good Dr?

I'm not "making everything about race". I quoted a witness who said he yelled "I'm going to kill all Asians" before opening fire. Not sure why the witness would make that up.

And as for the sheriff. Maybe he's not "racist". I don't know. Seems like a pretty strange guy.

Also, I see you're all in on the current FoxNews "Cancel Culture" fake outrage nonsense.

To be fair it very well could be race related. But the initial statements of the perp indicate it wasn’t. But in the court of public opinion it’s already been decided. And further into division we go....

So, are you going to take the word of a mass murderer over a witness to the crime? Okay..,

I heard that under the hate crimes law, women are considered a protected group. He was quite clearly targeting women, to rid the world of people that could entice him to have sex, apparently.

So it was a hate crime, whether racist or not.

Guy looked like a real winner, too. I would think that having a sex addiction would be rough, looking like that.

I'm not "making everything about race". I quoted a witness who said he yelled "I'm going to kill all Asians" before opening fire. Not sure why the witness would make that up.

And as for the sheriff. Maybe he's not "racist". I don't know. Seems like a pretty strange guy.

Also, I see you're all in on the current FoxNews "Cancel Culture" fake outrage nonsense.
I didn’t say it was you I said it’s the media. Calmate amigo.

I heard that under the hate crimes law, women are considered a protected group. He was quite clearly targeting women, to rid the world of people that could entice him to have sex, apparently.

Guy looked like a real winner, too. I would think that having a sex addiction would be rough, looking like that.

Probably an Incel.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa

When we should be talking about how America is centuries behind the developed world (minus England) on sex and destigmatizing it, we’re being played like children as whites against Asians!

90% of China consider themselves a race. Han Chinese.

There are two points. One, did this guy intend to commit a racist act. I don't know. He targeted places with a lot of Asians, I doubt Asians are the only sex trade workers in Atlanta (assuming they were sex trade workers). But that could be a coincidence.

The second issue is how it is accepted by the Asian community. it appears hate crimes against Asian women are increasing (There were 3,800 anti-Asian racist incidents, mostly against women, in past year (nbcnews.com) ). IF IF IF that is accurate, Asians easily can feel victimized by this even if they were not targeted per se.

But yes, overall we need to wait on the facts but also be sensitive that there are people feeling a bit more targeted.

OK, so to summarize:

The left and media say it was all about racism and trump

The right and FOX say it was all about hating happy ending givers and Antifa.

Color me shocked.

let the yabutting begin.

When we should be talking about how America is centuries behind the developed world (minus England) on sex and destigmatizing it, we’re being played like children as whites against Asians!

Did you ever read the book Shogun by James Clavell? Obviously, it's about Japan, but it takes place in the 1600s. If you've been to Japan, most of what they thought back then is still the way they think today. One of the things that was interesting to me was the Japanese views on sex. They think it's so weird that Westerners are so hung up on sex as something to be ashamed of. They think its just natural. They still call us barbarians "Gaijin"...which literally means foreigner, but the view us as dirty.

Same with James Michener's book Hawaii. Christian Missionaries showed up on the Hawaiian Islands and told them to cover themselves. Stop doing the hula and to not have sex with the sailors on whaling vessels that stopped there. Hawaiians had no idea why the missionaries were so hung up on that stuff. And not only that, but the missionaries stunk because they never bathed, while the Hawaiians were always swimming.

It really is a strange phenomena. Then again, America was founded by religious nuts.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Cmon man....try to overcome your burdensome white guilt and think critically on this.

I read the eyewitness accounts of what the guy said before he started shooting. I don't know. I don't have white guilt. I call it manners and respectful conduct to fellow citizens. Trump's Chy Na Virus and Kung Flu crap has made people think behavior like that is acceptable.

As Marvin posted. These situations are happening more and more,

There are two points. One, did this guy intend to commit a racist act. I don't know. He targeted places with a lot of Asians, I doubt Asians are the only sex trade workers in Atlanta (assuming they were sex trade workers). But that could be a coincidence.

The second issue is how it is accepted by the Asian community. it appears hate crimes against Asian women are increasing (There were 3,800 anti-Asian racist incidents, mostly against women, in past year (nbcnews.com) ). IF IF IF that is accurate, Asians easily can feel victimized by this even if they were not targeted per se.

But yes, overall we need to wait on the facts but also be sensitive that there are people feeling a bit more targeted.

I'm a bit intrigued by the significant narrative that some (in the article, on TV, etc.) feel is needed around Asian women being more targeted because it seems rather obvious and I think they are overthinking:

1) I would hypothesize that if you look at broader hate crime stats, women are disproportionately affected because: A) the average woman is physically inferior to the average male and B) people know this and are less likely to pick on a larger, stronger person.

On top of this, Asian women tend to be smaller in height and weight.

2) More importantly, the data is inherently skewed towards female reporting. From the article:

According to the data, Asian women report hate incidents 2.3 times more than men

Therefore, all of the stereotypes of Asian women (e.g., subservient, meek), though perhaps not wrong, are less important generalizations.

I agree that everything shouldn't be about race, and more facts need to be developed here. But think about this logically. What's the common thread? The victims were predominantly Asian (and Asian is, in fact, a race) and female. It's much more plausible that this guy had it in for Asians and/or women than the bizarre explanation that he was seeking to eliminate his "sex addiction" temptations. No crazy person has enough guns or ammo for that.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
I agree that everything shouldn't be about race, and more facts need to be developed here. But think about this logically. What's the common thread? The victims were predominantly Asian (and Asian is, in fact, a race) and female. It's much more plausible that this guy had it in for Asians and/or women than the bizarre explanation that he was seeking to eliminate his "sex addiction" temptations. No crazy person has enough guns or ammo for that.

I think you hit on a key point. This may hinge on what sort of sexual addiction he had. If he has an addiction to Asian women, and he targets Asian women because of that, he may not see it as a hate crime but I would argue it is.

But at this point, the cart is well before the horse.

I think you hit on a key point. This may hinge on what sort of sexual addiction he had. If he has an addiction to Asian women, and he targets Asian women because of that, he may not see it as a hate crime but I would argue it is.

But at this point, the cart is well before the horse.
That wouldn’t surprise me at all. Orchids of Asia day spa....

Did you ever read the book Shogun by James Clavell? Obviously, it's about Japan, but it takes place in the 1600s. If you've been to Japan, most of what they thought back then is still the way they think today. One of the things that was interesting to me was the Japanese views on sex. They think it's so weird that Westerners are so hung up on sex as something to be ashamed of. They think its just natural. They still call us barbarians "Gaijin"...which literally means foreigner, but the view us as dirty.

Same with James Michener's book Hawaii. Christian Missionaries showed up on the Hawaiian Islands and told them to cover themselves. Stop doing the hula and to not have sex with the sailors on whaling vessels that stopped there. Hawaiians had no idea why the missionaries were so hung up on that stuff. And not only that, but the missionaries stunk because they never bathed, while the Hawaiians were always swimming.

It really is a strange phenomena. Then again, America was founded by religious nuts.
Yes. And hand up, it’s conservatives holding us back with their puritanical and evangelical views. For no reason other than pure self-torture. It’s disgusting.

Legalized prostitution and less religious zealotry would likely have these folks still alive today.

I read the eyewitness accounts of what the guy said before he started shooting. I don't know. I don't have white guilt. I call it manners and respectful conduct to fellow citizens. Trump's Chy Na Virus and Kung Flu crap has made people think behavior like that is acceptable.

As Marvin posted. These situations are happening more and more,

Agreed and it has to stop. But I’d ask you to look up the stats on race on race crime.

the media is tricking you. Period. CNN wants more AAPI eyeballs so they’re pandering.

These are cogent points. But for starters, yes most massage parlors are run by Asian Americans. These are the brick and mortar fronts for prostitution. In my view prostitution should be legalized and regulated and taxed.

But the point I want to discuss deeper is the latter. How AAPI’s “feel” about what happened. Emotion is to be expected. Empathy should rule the day. But tomorrow facts should. Like the incidents this summer where everyone “felt” that Jacob Blake was a victim of racism where it was already Racism before we learned anything about George Floyd, speculation and emotion only drives to divide us.

There is no difference, NONE, between blaming white supremacy on everything that goes wrong in society and with thinking the election was stolen. Both are idiotic perspectives but one side climbs their ivory tower (which the color of it shames them) and virtue signals to the land. The other retreats to their trailers to swig Old Milwaukee. Both are despicable and un American, yet the major media outlets side with one and we all fall for it.

What? Why?

Massage parlors are frequently associated with behind-the-scenes prostitution. Why would you jump to “he had it in for Asians”? What purpose does that serve? What does it inform?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Wherein Ranger jumps from one narrative to the opposite…

Somewhere in the middle is don’t rush to judgment, wait for the facts to come out.

Reactions: anon_mya1phvcpf5x4
So your data was wrong but your Narrative is still right, right?

These are cogent points. But for starters, yes most massage parlors are run by Asian Americans. These are the brick and mortar fronts for prostitution. In my view prostitution should be legalized and regulated and taxed.

But the point I want to discuss deeper is the latter. How AAPI’s “feel” about what happened. Emotion is to be expected. Empathy should rule the day. But tomorrow facts should. Like the incidents this summer where everyone “felt” that Jacob Blake was a victim of racism where it was already Racism before we learned anything about George Floyd, speculation and emotion only drives to divide us.

There is no difference, NONE, between blaming white supremacy on everything that goes wrong in society and with thinking the election was stolen. Both are idiotic perspectives but one side climbs their ivory tower (which the color of it shames them) and virtue signals to the land. The other retreats to their trailers to swig Old Milwaukee. Both are despicable and un American, yet the major media outlets side with one and we all fall for it.

I don't see any issues with your point, but I do think the police official who said the shooter "was just having a bad day" made a mistake. That sort of undersells the issue.

How many non-Asian massage parlors provide rub n tugs? Not many.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I don't see any issues with your point, but I do think the police official who said the shooter "was just having a bad day" made a mistake. That sort of undersells the issue.
What’s blatantly wrong with rangers post is that no one is blaming “everything” on white supremacy. Ranger has made several broad brush generalizations in this thread that are absurd and baseless. Like everyone has rushed to judgment on these Asian victims of racism.

Ranger is critical of the media narrative while he continually tries to spin his own narratives on wokeness , racism, and so forth.

Just calling a shovel a shovel.

We don't all fall for it. They are both rediculous notions and jersey color determines which the sheep espouse.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
What’s blatantly wrong with rangers post is that no one is blaming “everything”on white supremacy. Ranger has made several broad brush generalizations in this thread that are absurd and baseless. Like everyone has rush to judgment on these Asian victims of racism.

White supremecy has become a rather ubiquitous term with a long tail. Lots of sub groups used in different situations.

White supremecy has become a rather ubiquitous term with a long tail. Lots of sub groups used in different situations.
I personally think it’s a good thing law enforcement noticed a guy outside Kamala Harris’ home with guns and ammunition. Awareness keeps us safe from deviants by whatever name or whatever cost.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT