ADVERTISEMENT

So is Colin Kapernick going to kneel for the rest of his NFL career?

Chad_36

All-American
Mar 23, 2002
Because seriously, that problem isn't going to be fixed anytime soon.

Because seriously, that problem isn't going to be fixed anytime soon.
I am sure he will do it as long as he has a job. I don't see SF keeping a backup that is being paid starter dollars, so he will be kneeling for another team. There may be some owners that won't want the distraction he brings.

He said he will keep kneeling until conditions change. He didn't say what would satisfy his conditions, but I would expect his issues will outlive his career.

I'm waiting for fans to start fighting other fans over their decision to sit. Has this happened yet? They should start selling steroids and Brawndo at NFL concession stands.

Reactions: Moops and mike41703
Let's just do away with the NA before a sporting event. It's a game not a military exercise.

http://deadspin.com/they-shouldn-t-play-the-national-anthem-before-sporting-1786377832
That would bother me if they did that. I honestly don't see it as "military exercise", but a show of respect to those that fought to give us the right to have sporting events, or any events, for that matter. But I'm sure in the "PC World" we live in where if one person is offended, especially an athlete, then we can't do it anymore and must stop the horrible act immediately, then the NA will become a thing of the past soon enough......and then we have complain about that!

Well if the experts are to be believed, his career if pretty much over with. I don't really care what he does. Just quit grandstanding for attention to whatever "cause" you are clamoring about this week.
HELL YES! There's sure as hell no room in Murica for peaceful protests. This country was built on keeping your mouth shut and falling in line!

That would bother me if they did that. I honestly don't see it as "military exercise", but a show of respect to those that fought to give us the right to have sporting events, or any events, for that matter. But I'm sure in the "PC World" we live in where if one person is offended, especially an athlete, then we can't do it anymore and must stop the horrible act immediately, then the NA will become a thing of the past soon enough......and then we have complain about that!
Ah.. PC works both ways. To me you're being PC (from the right) by trying to be the "patriot police" and make sure on every occasion to shove patriotism down our throats. Of course, if we don't want to participate, even once, you'll label us as being in-American and, dare I say, NOT SUPPORTING THE TROOPS!

Yada, yada.. traditions and phony symbolism really suck. Having dozens of pratiotic ceremonies everyday kinda cheapens the moment.

Reactions: UncleMark

No it isn't ... it's a nationalistic ritual.

Reactions: Moops
I think we should continue playing it just so people like Colin Kaepernik can continue to piss people like Mac off, and so the rest of us can easily identify the flaming jackass hypocrites around us.
Colin doesn't piss me off in the least. But thank you for thinking I'm a flaming jackass hypocrite for having an opinion and for having one different from yours. Last I knew, I was allowed to have a differing opinion. Colin has a differing opinion than I do, so be it. That's called freedom to think and act and as long as it's in the parameters of the law, so be it.

So who's the jackass in this thread? That would be you and your brother TMP. The day that I share the same opinions as you two clowns will be the day I off myself for being a radical d!ckhead that takes up precious oxygen for smart people. Do me and the rest of this board and humanity all a big favor and SHUT THE F**K UP!!!!

Now I know that your brother TMP and phislips and I love dusty baker will climb all over me because I dared to disgrace their Godfather.....but so be it. None of them can think for themselves anyway. So lay it on thick boys. Make Daddy Goat proud! And be sure to be like burnthemall and C$ and follow me around to Courtside and Scout and make fun of me there too. Cuz I know you don't have anything else better to do than be a King Dik on every board like those two morons. I'm sure I'm gonna lose all kinds of sleep tonight knowing that you all think I'm an idiot racist like Scott90210.

Reactions: smokingun33
Colin doesn't piss me off in the least. But thank you for thinking I'm a flaming jackass hypocrite for having an opinion and for having one different from yours. Last I knew, I was allowed to have a differing opinion. Colin has a differing opinion than I do, so be it. That's called freedom to think and act and as long as it's in the parameters of the law, so be it.

So who's the jackass in this thread? That would be you and your brother TMP. The day that I share the same opinions as you two clowns will be the day I off myself for being a radical d!ckhead that takes up precious oxygen for smart people. Do me and the rest of this board and humanity all a big favor and SHUT THE F**K UP!!!!

Now I know that your brother TMP and phislips and I love dusty baker will climb all over me because I dared to disgrace their Godfather.....but so be it. None of them can think for themselves anyway. So lay it on thick boys. Make Daddy Goat proud! And be sure to be like burnthemall and C$ and follow me around to Courtside and Scout and make fun of me there too. Cuz I know you don't have anything else better to do than be a King Dik on every board like those two morons. I'm sure I'm gonna lose all kinds of sleep tonight knowing that you all think I'm an idiot racist like Scott90210.
tl;dr

Reactions: C-$
Well if the experts are to be believed, his career if pretty much over with. I don't really care what he does. Just quit grandstanding for attention to whatever "cause" you are clamoring about this week.
Yeah! Fall in line dammit! It's the American way! :rolleyes:

Reactions: crossfire74

wow, you mad or something? National anthems have nothing to do with soldiers that served, that's a bunch of rationalized bullshit. The sole purpose of it is to promote nationalism. Nationalism is used and always has been used to create right of cause in soldiers.

Last edited:
predictable....anytime anyone calls you to the carpet you cower like a little girl that saw a mouse.

Ugh, fwiw, you have an average intelligence and probably shouldn't call people obviously more gifted, dumb. It shows you lack awareness and reasoning. You can though call C$ dumb, because, well, he is.

Last edited:
Reactions: HoosiersChamps
wow, you mad or something? National anthems have nothing to do with soldiers that served, that's a bunch of rationalized bullshit. The sole purpose of it is to promote nationalism. Nationalism is used and always has been used to create right of cause in soldiers. You can though call C$ dumb, because well, he is.
About an hour ago, I started thinking of posting something like this on facebook. I'm so tired of the image-share outrage.

C-$ is super dumb and the whole world should know it. How many likes and shares can I get?

About an hour ago, I started thinking of posting something like this on facebook. I'm so tired of the image-share outrage.

C-$ is super dumb and the whole world should know it. How many likes and shares can I get?

predictable....anytime anyone calls you to the carpet you cower like a little girl that saw a mouse.

Okay, taking into account the substantive, persuasive, and entertainment quality of your posts historically, anything you type that is more than 140 characters 1) is likely riddled with grammatical errors and 2) not worth taking the minimal time to read.

I'm all for calling out Goat when he's often full of shit, but you doing it b/c he didn't bother to read and reply to what is by your standards The Iliad is like Peegs or Rabjohns bitching their website work doesn't get discussed for a Pulitzer.

Okay, taking into account the substantive, persuasive, and entertainment quality of your posts historically, anything you type that is more than 140 characters 1) is likely riddled with grammatical errors and 2) not worth taking the minimal time to read.

I'm all for calling out Goat when he's often full of shit, but you doing it b/c he didn't bother to read and reply to what is by your standards The Iliad is like Peegs or Rabjohns bitching their website work doesn't get discussed for a Pulitzer.
Funny thing is, I did read it. Just didn't think it was worth responding to.

wow, you mad or something? National anthems have nothing to do with soldiers that served, that's a bunch of rationalized bullshit. The sole purpose of it is to promote nationalism. Nationalism is used and always has been used to create right of cause in soldiers.
Does the playing of Taps or the presentation of a flag to a veteran's widow get any emotional response at all from you?

Does the playing of Taps or the presentation of a flag to a veteran's widow get any emotional response at all from you?
Why wouldn't it? Are you so stupid and filled with hillbilly retardation that you can't see the difference?

Are you saying a soldier's funeral and the opening ceremony of a sporting event are all the same to you? You worthless pile of shit!

Are you saying a soldier's funeral and the opening ceremony of a sporting event are all the same to you? You worthless pile of shit!
No, I was asking TMP, unless you are TMP.

I was curious if Taps was just a song and the flag given to the widow is just a symbol. I'm curious how deep the rejection of nationalism goes for some people.

I'm waiting for fans to start fighting other fans over their decision to sit. Has this happened yet?

Yes. This has actually been a staple of every NFL game in 300 and above sections as well as parking lots post-game for years. Maybe not over the anthem per se, but that couldn't possibly be a dumber reason than what these imbeciles actually assault each other over.

I'm curious how deep the rejection of nationalism goes for some people.
I'm not TMP but I am 'some people' and I agree with his 'Nationalism' stance on the anthem. Don't give me that tired shit that 'I wasn't talking to you.' Its a message board, not a PM.

Furthermore, I was a bit irritated in church a few weeks ago when we had a Royal Rangers (think Boy Scouts for churches) ceremony during our annual family month activities and the Pledge of Allegiance was recited by all. I'm in God's house thinking, "I pledge allegiance to God not a flag." Nationalistic indoctrination. I love the USA but I wonder if that isn't as bad as kneeling before another God and what we are teaching our children. The pledge of allegiance to the christian flag was also recited.

I don't have many opportunities to say the pledge of allegiance in a crowd, but man is it cultish!

Why wouldn't it? Are you so stupid and filled with hillbilly retardation that you can't see the difference?
I didn't know how deep your hatred of nationalism went. Thanks for your response. I learned something about you.

I'm not TMP but I am 'some people' and I agree with his 'Nationalism' stance on the anthem. Don't give me that tired shit that 'I wasn't talking to you.' Its a message board, not a PM.

Furthermore, I was a bit irritated in church a few weeks ago when we had a Royal Rangers (think Boy Scouts for churches) ceremony during our annual family month activities and the Pledge of Allegiance was recited by all. I'm in God's house thinking, "I pledge allegiance to God not a flag." Nationalistic indoctrination. I love the USA but I wonder if that isn't as bad as kneeling before another God and what we are teaching our children. The pledge of allegiance to the christian flag was also recited.

I don't have many opportunities to say the pledge of allegiance in a crowd, but man is it cultish!

This begs the question, who has moral superiority: A devout Muslim proudly standing at attention during the Star-Spangled Banner or a Christian who kneels in protest during the anthem?

Actually, that doesn't really need to be answered; the question just needs to be posed to see if we can make the simple-minded suffer brain aneurysms thinking about it.

Last edited:
This begs the question, who has moral superiority: A devout Muslim proudly standing at attention during the Star-Spangled Banner or a Christian who kneels in protest during the anthem?

Actually, that doesn't really need to be answered; the question just needs to be posed to see if we can make the simple-minded suffer brain aneurysms thinking about it.
There's about a five line gap between paragraphs, there, during which I wanted to kick you.

Reactions: HA2740

Didn't mean to piss you off. I have had similar thoughts at our church. We sponsor a Boys Scout troop and they lead the service once a year. They always include their pledge during the service. It is okay as it doesn't say anything that conflicts with the mission of the church. I have noticed it is the only time we have a flag in the church sanctuary beyond the Methodist banner that is on the lectern. Adding "under God" to the pledge recognizes that the country is not above God.

In the revolutionary war, conquered areas were asked to take an oath of allegiance. Some people took oaths two or three times. West of the Allegheny, it could have been French or American settlers that took oaths to avoid being prisoners. When the town was retaken, they took another oath. Oaths didn't hold much meaning back then and aren't required today.

I see saying the pledge of allegiance to the American Flag as fulfilling Romans 13:7 Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.Of course saying the pledge to the Christian Flag shows we honor the Lord Jesus because He is One Savior, Crucified,Risen and coming again with Life and Liberty to all who believe.

I see saying the pledge of allegiance to the American Flag as fulfilling Romans 13:7 Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.Of course saying the pledge to the Christian Flag shows we honor the Lord Jesus because He is One Savior, Crucified,Risen and coming again with Life and Liberty to all who believe.

Yea, but you're an idiot.... so there's that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT