ADVERTISEMENT

Smith

ufo33

Hall of Famer
Jul 7, 2005
Smith needs to show he can score from the post or from the perimeter rather than just be a tremendous leaper and dunker. If he can't dunk over a 6'11" post player he can't finish..

Last edited:
Reactions: GregHaggard
I agree and I also agree with those who have stated JS had a very bad game yesterday. Still, he managed to get to the rim for what will certainly be easy buckets against teams (yes, even conference teams) who do not have a 6' 11" NBA lottery pick protecting the paint.

Smith seems very unsure of his shot. The air ball from the line was comical at the time...but when you lose by 1 on road, it was no longer comical. And Fitzner didn't seem any more locked in during the game. Losing Morgan early in the first half was a killer...tough environment for the frosh to play their first road game; having the seasoned vet of the team on the bench the entire first half made it worse.

Reactions: GregHaggard
I believe JS is going to only improve this year...not worried about this particular performance...I think he'll learn from it...he will be a beast in another year or two...

Too early to be hard on any single performance. I doubt he suddenly forgot how to play basketball. He typically finishes pretty well around the basket. His shot will improve.

Reactions: h20pls
Smith needs to show he can score from the post or from the perimeter rather than just be a tremendous leaper and dunker. If he can't dunk over a 6'11" post player he can't finish..

Worst finisher I can remember. It would help a tad bit if he could at least hit his free throws.

McHoop

Reactions: T.M.P.
I still believe in his finishing ability around the rim..
But Steve Hart even had a 15 ft jumper.
Smith hasn't showed me yet...He has any midrange game at all..
He need's that big time..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT