ADVERTISEMENT

Smash and grab...

Because there are people afraid to go out and shop in Mayberry USA not just in those cities. People on this board who claim the entire country is a dumpster fire. It's not true. Very far from it. The reality is we live in the most ridiculously awesome time in the history on man kind.

It's like the people fretting about 10% increases in grocery cost here but failing to mention it's being driven by 1000% increases for crab legs and name brand string cheese. ;)
I probably already mentioned the trip I took with my dad to one of the IU football games. He lives in Valparaiso and likes to take the back roads to Bloomington. I have never seen such potential ghost towns as I witnessed on that drive there and back. Trump flags still flying, "It's the Border, Stupid" billboards.

Meanwhile there are skyscrapers going up all over Chicago while these loonies act like their fading flatbilly cities are going to "Make America Great Again". They're not. It would seriously be depressing to move to 3/4th of the towns along that route. Maybe more.

My personal favs:

uh no. woke is getting thrown out. from chicago prosecutors to saint louis and police departments are trying to add police, being funded again, after the absolutely inane disaster following the blm bullshit and progressives running wild. the farther removed we get from progressives and the summer of love in terms of policies the better the numbers will get.
Citations?

What's going on in Dallas? Chicago's murder rate dropped in 2023 by 13 percent. Dallas' murder rate was up 20% with a Republican mayor.

I see you're going with your gut feeling again.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
So now that white people are being effected we should take crime seriously? Got it. Get the crime back into the hoods and way worse like it was in the 80s and 90s.
Always racism with you fools. First card played.

Poverty isn't race. Try and be less brainwashed.

The left has condemned generation after generation of minorities to lives of poverty surrounded by crime - for VOTES. Shame on you.

The Democrat's worst enemy is a married black father with a degree and a good job. Always has been.

Citations?

What's going on in Dallas? Chicago's murder rate dropped in 2023 by 13 percent. Dallas' murder rate was up 20% with a Republican mayor.

I see you're going with your gut feeling again.i
i see you're no good at dates per usual.

2021 cops retired. now soros prosecutors like in stl and chicago are being replaced.

A Year After ‘Defund,’ Police Departments Get Their Money Back​

The abrupt reversals have come in response to rising levels of crime, the exodus of officers and political pressures.

so we fund police departments again, and bring in prosecutors to actually prosecute and bam you cite things improving in 2023 bwahahahaha.

Target already undid some of their policy changes after revising their shrinkage projections significantly down. I'm assuming they are fairly representative.

Everyone is right on this. The whole retail theft narrative is way overblown, at least as it's been presented by the partisan right. But some cities do have genuine problems that need to be addressed with changes in policing procedure and strategy.

If I were the DA in a city with this problem, I would go hard after any perps we were lucky enough to identify and have a strong case against. Would we get them all? No way. And we wouldn't have the resources to do it, anyway. But when the opportunity for a disincentive arose, I would put the hammer down.

Always excuses
Mostly peaceful:

3000.jpg

211228143857-12-jan-6-capitol-unf-restricted.jpg

Wall safety:

Capitol2Jan72021_(2).jpg

Reactions: outside shooter
Always racism with you fools. First card played.

Poverty isn't race. Try and be less brainwashed.

The left has condemned generation after generation of minorities to lives of poverty surrounded by crime - for VOTES. Shame on you.

The Democrat's worst enemy is a married black father with a degree and a good job. Always has been.
the second wealthiest black man in america lives here. votes republican. shocker

Mostly peaceful:

3000.jpg

211228143857-12-jan-6-capitol-unf-restricted.jpg

Wall safety:

Capitol2Jan72021_(2).jpg
mostly peaceful 1 - 2 billion

More than 2,000 law enforcement officers were injured in the first weeks of protests over the summer following the police killing of George Floyd, according to a report released in October.

i see you're no good at dates per usual.

2021 cops retired. now soros prosecutors like in stl and chicago are being replaced.

The abrupt reversals have come in response to rising levels of crime, the exodus of officers and political pressures.

so we fund police departments again, and bring in prosecutors to actually prosecute and bam you cite things improving in 2023 bwahahahaha.
Well, because you don't understand things very well, I will explain it. When the pandemic hit, budgets had to be cut. The Chicago Police Department's budget was cut the very least of any agency in the city. That budget is currently on the rise again. But, why would you cite anything, since you can always go with your gut feeling?

As mayor, Johnson's proposed $16.6 billion budget did not reduce the police department "by one penny," as he promised in March.
The overall police budget actually increases from $1.9 to $1.99 billion.

The new budget increases the ranks of middle management, calling for 100 more sergeants, 20 more lieutenants, 10 more captains and three more commanders. The budget also makes good on the promise of adding 100 more detectives.
The overall headcount of personnel actually increases slightly from about 13,976 in 2023 to a budgeted 14,072 full time positions next year.

Seriously, man, you've taken too many headers over the years. What on Earth does George Soros have to do with the Chicago Police Department?

• Haha

More than 2,000 law enforcement officers were injured in the first weeks of protests over the summer following the police killing of George Floyd, according to a report released in October.

Don't travel to large cities then. Simple solution for you.

Well, because you don't understand things very well, I will explain it. When the pandemic hit, budgets had to be cut. The Chicago Police Department's budget was cut the very least of any agency in the city. That budget is currently on the rise again. But, why would you cite anything, since you can always go with your gut feeling?

As mayor, Johnson's proposed $16.6 billion budget did not reduce the police department "by one penny," as he promised in March.
The overall police budget actually increases from $1.9 to $1.99 billion.

The new budget increases the ranks of middle management, calling for 100 more sergeants, 20 more lieutenants, 10 more captains and three more commanders. The budget also makes good on the promise of adding 100 more detectives.
The overall headcount of personnel actually increases slightly from about 13,976 in 2023 to a budgeted 14,072 full time positions next year.

Seriously, man, you've taken too many headers over the years. What on Earth does George Soros have to do with the Chicago Police Department?
soros is prosecutors? have you been in a cave somewhere? pd's were cut because police were defunded. then got funding back. did you not read the NYT

But the Capitol Police are a bunch of woke loonies. LOLOLOLOL...

But the Capitol Police are a bunch of woke loonies. LOLOLOLOL...
i don't know what point you think you are making. i'm all for prosecuting those on jan 6 and i support the cap police. many later committed suicide as a result, which is still in the line of duty. see some of us can think independently without partisan brainwashing. i know that concept is lost on you

soros is prosecutors? have you been in a cave somewhere? pd's were cut because police were defunded. then got funding back. did you not read the NYT

Now, do us a favor and walk us through why funding was reduced for all agencies in Chicago and I assume St.Louis, and whatever flatbilly town you live in FL.

i don't know what point you think you are making. i'm all for prosecuting those on jan 6 and i support the cap police. many later committed suicide as a result, which is still in the line of duty
There seems to be a very big divide between what normal people and those whose judgement is...let's say...unsound. Donald Trump yesterday called people arrested because of January 6th as "hostages".

This was parroted by Republican members of Congress on Fox and other bizarre news sites.

Now, do you think these people are hostages? Because the guy you seem to trust does.

There seems to be a very big divide between what normal people and those whose judgement is...let's say...unsound. Donald Trump yesterday called people arrested because of January 6th as "hostages".

This was parroted by Republican members of Congress on Fox and other bizarre news sites.

Now, do you think these people are hostages? Because the guy you seem to trust does.
trump is horrible and wrong on nearly everything related to jan 6

In other words, if they vote their own self-interest.
Which it isn't in their best self-interest. The majority still realize that, but that majority shrinks with 1)each group of poorly educated people we turn out; 2)passing of people who remember what communism actually looks like

Let’s not be stupid. Criminals are literally crashing cars into high end stores on Michigan Ave routinely.

All of the videos of people shoplifting aren’t doctored.

The amount of merch behind locked cases and mechanisms is annoying af.
The point isn't whether or not it's happening. They are happening. The point is it doesn't seem to be to a degree any greater than before.

Just that more shows up on video doesn't necessarily mean there is more of it.

We see far more buzzer beater shots on video at all levels of basketball. Videos posted on various social media platforms. Are we to think we're seeing a BOOM in buzzer beater shots? No. It's simply a vast majority of us carry a camera in pocket good enough to film an entire movie....at least from one angle at a time.

• Haha
Reactions: jet812
Which it isn't in their best self-interest. The majority still realize that, but that majority shrinks with 1)each group of poorly educated people we turn out; 2)passing of people who remember what communism actually looks like
Ah, so when you say you want everyone to vote in their own self-interest, that's in the context of believing that everyone's self-interest is the same. That's hard to fathom. The working poor and the rich have very different self-interests. What you really want is for the poor to vote in the interests of the rich, because secretly that's somehow in the interest of the poor, too, or something.

Reactions: UncleMark
Ah, so when you say you want everyone to vote in their own self-interest, that's in the context of believing that everyone's self-interest is the same. That's hard to fathom. The working poor and the rich have very different self-interests. What you really want is for the poor to vote in the interests of the rich, because secretly that's somehow in the interest of the poor, too, or something.
That’s a tough one. Progressive policies made lives more untenable and less safe. So if they vote progressives it’s cutting their noses to spite their faces. I don’t believe in trickle down either. I think it just largely enriched the rich. Not sure what they do. Probably hope for a slightly left leaning Dem

That’s a tough one. Progressive policies made lives more untenable and less safe. So if they vote progressives it’s cutting their noses to spite their faces. I don’t believe in trickle down either. I think it just largely enriched the rich. Not sure what they do. Probably hope for a slightly left leaning Dem
Well, we had better figure something out. Because if trickle down doesn't work, and free cheese doesn't work, that pretty much only leaves heads on spikes.

Reactions: UncleMark
How did you get that out of what I wrote?

I said that most people believe that what's in their best self-interest doesn't currently include communism, but that's shifting for the reasons I gave. It sounds like you're taking the position that communism is in the best self-interest of the poor. Is that your opinion?

How did you get that out of what I wrote?

I said that most people believe that what's in their best self-interest doesn't currently include communism, but that's shifting for the reasons I gave. It sounds like you're taking the position that communism is in the best self-interest of the poor. Is that your opinion?
I think most working poor already think redistribution of wealth is good for them. So communism naturally follows.

Such as what?
I haven’t had time but Brad posted poverty and spending stats. There’s considerable room to revise how we spend on social programs with changes I think would have more bang for the buck. The remedy for crime isn’t as complicated

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT