ADVERTISEMENT

*Sigh*

ce36ei

Senior
Sep 14, 2019
I tried not to post or think negatively this week. But we’re just not good.

I don’t see us being flat. Simply out coached and played today. Our offense is just bad. The QB is terribly inconsistent to win many Big 10 games but he also can’t confidently step up into the pocket.

We *still* might win, but WKU isn’t rolling over dead like Idaho did.

We could eek out a game or 2 with defense and turnovers, but nothing is going to come easy. From the 2 1/2 game sample size we didn’t upgrade at QB or OC and well the line is what it is.

Seems like a ton of turnover and change to produce pretty much exactly the same offense. Dropped balls. Routes ran well short of line to gain. Can’t run when we need to. Inaccurate QB. Stinks.

I don’t think WKU folds like Idaho did. Bazelak is gonna have to tighten it up or we don’t have a chance.

Gimmick Offense. We are going to run plays as fast as we can but not very imaginatively or effectively.

I don’t see us being flat. Simply out coached and played today. Our offense is just bad. The QB is terribly inconsistent to win many Big 10 games but he also can’t confidently step up into the pocket.

We could eek out a game or 2 with defense and turnovers, but nothing is going to come easy. From the 2 1/2 game sample size we didn’t upgrade at QB or OC and well the line is what it is.
We've hit 11 different receivers today. That's better OC and QB play from last year. Up until we turned the ball over we were getting ready to grab momentum again and the lead. Looked like a bad call to me on the replay.

Anyways these guys had an extra week to prepare and have won 10 of their last 11 games. The defense are the ones that need to step up but this air raid is tough to defend. You blitz it and you are at risk. Need to get more pressure with 4.

Last edited:

You do realize you must make these defeatist posts each week now, right? Maybe make them earlier in the game and we'd turn things around sooner?

Or.....maybe that changes the luck? I'm going to get a beer and pontificate this....

Reactions: vesuvius13

I see no way our D gets us a win. Most Ds tackle.

If you don't have a Q.B.you have nothing...
We have.....
A team that believes in themselves. How in the hell are we 3-0? But we are! This team has dug DEEP to pull these games out. Thats Allen coaching period. We could have tucked tail in all 3, but didn't. Great game and hats off to the whole team for not giving up and fighting till the end!

Oh ye of little faith.

Some of the absolute worst officiating at any level of football I saw today and I don’t call out officiating unless it is egregious
This felt really sketchy.
That said, our secondary veteran guys were abysmal.

Reactions: brianiu
This team has more offensive weapons than last year. The more I see Henderson run the more I like him. Wish we would use Barner more in the passing game. Defense has its ups and downs but has been good at the finish. We aren’t wearing down and fading like years past. CB is streaky and don’t like that his go to miss is an overthrow. I like the fight in this team so far.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Gawd the comments...We won and we are 3-0. You all complaining? Teams are defined by W-L. I cannot explain it but we won!

The wku offensive coordinator deserves a shout out. Thats sh!t was tough to defend,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT