ADVERTISEMENT

Shrews Recruiting

hookyIU1990

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
Trilly saying he's got another one.

This guy is going to be trouble if ND decides to get serious about NIL for hoops, and that appears to be the case.

For some reason I thought it was already announced late last week? Wonder if this is referring to a 4th kid, on top of Koehler, Haralson, and the other top 100 kid they announced late last week?

Haralson 5 star (IN)
Koehler 4 star (IN)
Frost 4 star (NH)

I read that Shrews is still looking at 2 others to fill out the class.

For some reason I thought it was already announced late last week? Wonder if this is referring to a 4th kid, on top of Koehler, Haralson, and the other top 100 kid they announced late last week?
I assumed a 4th. He's all about these reaction gifs ahead of the announcement.

I’m trying to see if it was against big ten teams. With their recruiting territory being solidly B10, I’m just seeing if he is offering recruits an alternative conference, and playing style.
Haralson and Koehler were both looking at B10 schools. Not sure on Frost.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Haralson and Koehler were both looking at B10 schools. Not sure on Frost.
Yeah, I knew that about Haralson, and posted my thoughts on that earlier. I was curious about Trilley’s last prediction (as I wasn’t sure who the recruit was).

His time with Brad Steven's both at Butler and the Celtis working with Brown and Tatum sets him a part. He's a contemporary, elite offensive mind that communicates his vision very well. He should be on the short list with Josh Schertz as a future IU coach. Being from Jeffersonville and having been a Cathedral alum should earn him some love.

I'd take him over Dusty May. No question.

I mean I can’t wait for the posters to point at barely top 100 kids who are projects to be good in 2-3 years after Haralson is gone. If woody got those kids you all would say he struck out. Oh not to mention Purdue fans saying they both are about to lock the state down.

Reactions: edub72
His time with Brad Steven's both at Butler and the Celtis working with Brown and Tatum sets him a part. He's a contemporary, elite offensive mind that communicates his vision very well. He should be on the short list with Josh Schertz as a future IU coach. Being from Jeffersonville and having been a Cathedral alum should earn him some love.

I don't know man...he needs to prove he can win at a place like ND before he gets the keys to a program like IU. His team was very young last year, but in this day and age, with the resources I'm sure ND has, those excuses don't last too long.

So far, I'm seeing a little bit too much dribbling by his lead guards, and not really a ton of off the ball movement. That's not contemporary or elite, offensively.

I mean I can’t wait for the posters to point at barely top 100 kids who are projects to be good in 2-3 years after Haralson is gone. If woody got those kids you all would say he struck out. Oh not to mention Purdue fans saying they both are about to lock the state down.
I don't know about "locking the state down." I'm not sure that's a thing anymore. I just believe the guy can coach and motivate. ND will make some noise if he can start handing out a decent-sized bag. He's got a start with Haralson. We'll see if he capitalizes on it.

I don't know about "locking the state down." I'm not sure that's a thing anymore. I just believe the guy can coach and motivate. ND will make some noise if he can start handing out a decent-sized bag. He's got a start with Haralson. We'll see if he capitalizes on it.
Those goofs are already saying it. Somebody might want to tell them they have 1 in state kid for 24 and only recruiting 1 in 25. lol

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Until ND is able to bring in good, impact transfers with experience they aren’t going to win big. Sorry, but u can’t load up on high school kids anymore and hope they are good in year 2, 3, or 4. Doesn’t work that way anymore.

Definitely a guy to keep an eye on for the next two or three seasons

I don't know man...he needs to prove he can win at a place like ND before he gets the keys to a program like IU. His team was very young last year, but in this day and age, with the resources I'm sure ND has, those excuses don't last too long.

So far, I'm seeing a little bit too much dribbling by his lead guards, and not really a ton of off the ball movement. That's not contemporary or elite, offensively.
He would need a couple of really good tournament runs to even be considered. Not close at this point. He's never proven a thing.

Reactions: asindc
I know some of yall hate reversible jacket fans and hate on the Irish, but I like them to be good so they can whoop up on the rest of the hated ACC!
I live in NC/SC and mostly love to watch the ACC get humbled, but, really? ND bball is just not relevant to me. They're the purgatory of college bball...

Did they not make it to the 2nd week of the tournament one year?
yes PSU did make it to the S16 one year, so there's that.
I'm not saying he isn't an up-n-comer in the college coaching ranks, and hasn't worked with some very good basketball minds. Just saying, based on 'winning' up to this point, the resume is still a little light as a head coach.

I live in NC/SC and mostly love to watch the ACC get humbled, but, really? ND bball is just not relevant to me. They're the purgatory of college bball...
.....which makes it even more fun if they start taking out the top programs of the ACC.
kk - great imagery in your post: purgatory and lofty (in their minds) ND! Are you a writer by trade?

hey man, hope you're in a safe spot there. I do a lot of work with FEMA, HHS and the likes....and that area has been obliterated. That stretch of I-40 between Kxville and Ashvle (very scenic route yet always made me nervous in spots) got washed out in some places, up against the mountains. Could be shut down for a long time, maybe a year.

Can’t win today with a bunch of HS recruits. Most of these guys won’t be at ND long enough to matter. Transfer and maybe Haralson NBA. Just how it is nowadays. Sorry ND
100% of the kids playing in college are HS recruits! Duh! I'll bet IU has more transfers next year than any other team in the BT, coming and going! Sorry IU!

100% of the kids playing in college are HS recruits! Duh! I'll bet IU has more transfers next year than any other team in the BT, coming and going! Sorry IU!
I see you've got IU on your mind as usual. Purdue's recruiting has fallen off a cliff -- good luck with that.

He won at Psu with transfers lol
He's not going to be able to bring in transfers at ND like he was at Penn State. ND/NW/Stanford all play be a different set of rules with their admission requirements. To be successful at ND, he not only has to recruit exceptionally well at ND, but needs to develop at a high level with high retention. It's much easier to get in to Notre Dame as an incoming freshman than it is as a transfer from an athletic perspective.

yes PSU did make it to the S16 one year, so there's that.
I'm not saying he isn't an up-n-comer in the college coaching ranks, and hasn't worked with some very good basketball minds. Just saying, based on 'winning' up to this point, the resume is still a little light as a head coach.
No they didn't. Shrews and PSU lost to Texas in the Round of 32.

hey man, hope you're in a safe spot there. I do a lot of work with FEMA, HHS and the likes....and that area has been obliterated. That stretch of I-40 between Kxville and Ashvle (very scenic route yet always made me nervous in spots) got washed out in some places, up against the mountains. Could be shut down for a long time, maybe a year.
Wild, because I live very close to the Catawba River in Rock Hill SC, and it drains a huge swath east of Asheville to Charlotte. I walk about 200 yards down my street to go tubing or paddleboarding on the river. But, fortunately where I live it's pretty sloped so the river stayed away from most of the homes, buildings and businesses. But, all I had to do was walk down the street a bit to witness the amount of water flowing by that you knew caused a ton of damage upriver. Where I am, I think a "normal flow" this time of year is around 1200 cfs. Saturday it was 67,000 and I'm not sure that was cresting yet.

My favorite mountain town is Hot Springs NC, because it's a cool little town that isn't too touristy yet and the French Broad River runs on the edge of town and the AT literally runs down Main St to cross the river over their bridge. There's also a little trout stream, Spring Creek, that runs right through the center of town. I'd seen some early pictures of flooding and thought the town was probably OK other than flooding because the town sits a couple blocks away from the river.... but I forgot about that "little trout stream", which runs down steeply out of the mountains. More recent pics I've seen, it looks like Spring Creek acted like a pressure washer through the heart of the town, washing away buildings, main street, everything. I've probably visited the town every year for 20 years, and I'll plan to get back as soon as I can to try and volunteer and help someway. The scope of the damage and devastation is hard to comprehend and I'm here and know these areas pretty well. I think 40 on either side of Asheville got washed out in spots. On the side you're talking about it's because the Pigeon River flows along it. East of Asheville it's the N Fork of the Catawba River, which ultimately flows down next to where I live. And, that damage is repeated for dozens and dozens of rivers and streams all across GA, SC, TN, and VA. I'm not even factoring in the damage around where it came ashore. Heck, we were getting tropical storm wind and rain Thursday while the eye was still 60 miles out to sea in the Gulf. Never seen a storm like it in the 30+ years I've been here. I'm guessing it will be the most expensive storm in our history and hate that it's reduced to political barbs on Facebook. Thank you, yes, I and my loved ones are all good and didn't lose anything but there are thousands and thousands of folks who were hurt or damaged severely.

Not sure how it will show up but this is a FB post from someone who's son was in Hot Springs during the storm.

Last edited:
I see you've got IU on your mind as usual. Purdue's recruiting has fallen off a cliff -- good luck with that.
It has. One for 2024 and one for 2025. That’s far from locking the state down. Purdue is counting on the NIL settlement and language that probably won’t happen. They think collectives will end and a cap is coming.

Wild, because I live very close to the Catawba River in Rock Hill SC, and it drains a huge swath east of Asheville to Charlotte. I walk about 200 yards down my street to go tubing or paddleboarding on the river. But, fortunately where I live it's pretty sloped so the river stayed away from most of the homes, buildings and businesses. But, all I had to do was walk down the street a bit to witness the amount of water flowing by that you knew caused a ton of damage upriver. Where I am, I think a "normal flow" this time of year is around 1200 cfs. Saturday it was 67,000 and I'm not sure that was cresting yet.

My favorite mountain town is Hot Springs NC, because it's a cool little town that isn't too touristy yet and the French Broad River runs on the edge of town and the AT literally runs down Main St to cross the river over their bridge. There's also a little trout stream, Spring Creek, that runs right through the center of town. I'd seen some early pictures of flooding and thought the town was probably OK other than flooding because the town sits a couple blocks away from the river.... but I forgot about that "little trout stream", which runs down steeply out of the mountains. More recent pics I've seen, it looks like Spring Creek acted like a pressure washer through the heart of the town, washing away buildings, main street, everything. I've probably visited the town every year for 20 years, and I'll plan to get back as soon as I can to try and volunteer and help someway. The scope of the damage and devastation is hard to comprehend and I'm here and know these areas pretty well. I think 40 on either side of Asheville got washed out in spots. On the side you're talking about it's because the Pigeon River flows along it. East of Asheville it's the N Fork of the Catawba River, which ultimately flows down next to where I live. And, that damage is repeated for dozens and dozens of rivers and streams all across GA, SC, TN, and VA. I'm not even factoring in the damage around where it came ashore. Heck, we were getting tropical storm wind and rain Thursday while the eye was still 60 miles out to sea in the Gulf. Never seen a storm like it in the 30+ years I've been here. Thank you, yes, I and my loved ones are all good and didn't lose anything but there are thousands and thousands of folks who were hurt or damaged severely.
glad to hear you're ok. I have two co-workers who live in Macon GA and Piedmont SC (Gville) and both are cleaning up. I think they have power again after 48 hrs. It's gonna take a couple years to clean up and recover from this. Always wondered after an event like this, how there would even be any trout left in that little stream once the waters reside. Or any fish for that matter.

Even the damage down in the Sarasota area is pretty amazing, when you consider they were on the very edge of the storm. The SW fetch of wind for 8-12 hrs straight drove a massive storm surge inland that went many blocks into downtown Sarasota. As for where the storm made landfall (Horseshoe Bend, FL)...basically got wiped off the map.

• Sad
Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT