ADVERTISEMENT

Shout out to SuperHoosier & Ungar for swinging by the tailgate.

I'm 80% sure I'm going to the 11/7 Iowa game.

Bananas and blow, bananas and blow
Stuck in my cabana, living on bananas and blow

Reactions: C-$
Glad i got to stop by. Hoosiers about gave me a heart attack. Great game and Zander is going to be a stud. kid needs to hit the crisco but other than that he will win some games for IU.

Zander is going to be a stud.
No. They need to recruit right over the top of him.

He has great heart, but he's just too damn little. It is too bad that you can't put his spirit in Sudfeld's body.

Arm strength is poor, foot speed average. He just looks fast because he's giving it all that he has at 1000 RPM, but he's really not going anywhere. He reminds me of Michael J Fox playing QB in a movie.

That 79 yd run happened because all 11 men on the OSU Defense fell flat asleep.

He has great heart, but he's just too damn little. It is too bad that you can't put his spirit in Sudfeld's body.

Arm strength is poor, foot speed average. He just looks fast because he's giving it all that he has at 1000 RPM, but he's really not going anywhere. He reminds me of Michael J Fox playing QB in a movie.

I kind of thought Ohio was goi g to come out and crush us in the second half. We had a lot of things go our way in first half that kept points off them, and kept us with the ball.
I think Xander having to play yesterday made the second half closer than it wouldve been...but in no way at all do I hope he has to start a game for us again that the other team is able to gameplan for him. I'm glad to know he's a somewhat serviceable back-up on our team for the next 2.5 years.

I kind of thought Ohio was goi g to come out and crush us in the second half. We had a lot of things go our way in first half that kept points off them, and kept us with the ball.
I think Xander having to play yesterday made the second half closer than it wouldve been...but in no way at all do I hope he has to start a game for us again that the other team is able to gameplan for him. I'm glad to know he's a somewhat serviceable back-up on our team for the next 2.5 years.

It went RIGHT over your head...

Glad you ducked.

I caught a pass from Tyra Buss after Dakich told me to go deep

I threw a frisbee at SuperHoosier

All in all, it was a great day
I would rather go deep on Tyra Buss....and prefer Dakich not be there to tell me what to do.

I would rather go deep on Tyra Buss....and prefer Dakich not be there to tell me what to do.

It was on live TV, you can't just say No

0CWOKAe.jpg

You don't have "average" foot speed and still beat out O$U DBs on a run of that length. Yes he had a head start, but he's got some wheels or they would've caught him.

Reactions: mike41703
You don't have "average" foot speed and still beat out O$U DBs on a run of that length. Yes he had a head start, but he's got some wheels or they would've caught him.

He has much more then average foot speed. He pulled away from the OSU D and even Urban Meyer mentioned his speed in his post game.

Reactions: hoosierdug
He has much more then average foot speed. He pulled away from the OSU D and even Urban Meyer mentioned his speed in his post game.

That said, Zander is not the future I hope. I like him, but he's far from a top BT QB.

I tried to find his 40 time, but couldn't find it. ESPN showed him at 6'1", 180 lbs, which is BS, so a listed 40 time probably wouldn't be reliable either.
No sarcasm, his speed for a QB that relies on his legs looks average to me. He looks fast because he's little and he's trying his ass off. He's quick and shifty, but not great straight line speed.
Normally, bigger defenders close on him easily and eat him alive when he tries to get outside. He should have been crushed at the line of scrimmage on the TD run. OSU fell asleep and 2 or 3 of the defenders wiped each other out near the line of scrimmage. I would need to watch the play again to see why no one else caught him from the opposite side. Poor effort and poor pursuit angles are my guess. OSU is sleep walking through the season right now. It'll be interesting to see if they can flip the switch.
Chase Dutra would have knocked him out of bounds at the 15 on that play. Speaking of which, how about Dutra's effort at the goal line on the Elliott TD. I still don't think the ball crossed the goal line in bounds.
Don't get me wrong on Diamont. I like the kid, but like others have said, he's not the future nor a stud.

I tried to find his 40 time, but couldn't find it. ESPN showed him at 6'1", 180 lbs, which is BS, so a listed 40 time probably wouldn't be reliable either.
No sarcasm, his speed for a QB that relies on his legs looks average to me. He looks fast because he's little and he's trying his ass off. He's quick and shifty, but not great straight line speed.
Normally, bigger defenders close on him easily and eat him alive when he tries to get outside. He should have been crushed at the line of scrimmage on the TD run. OSU fell asleep and 2 or 3 of the defenders wiped each other out near the line of scrimmage. I would need to watch the play again to see why no one else caught him from the opposite side. Poor effort and poor pursuit angles are my guess. OSU is sleep walking through the season right now. It'll be interesting to see if they can flip the switch.
Chase Dutra would have knocked him out of bounds at the 15 on that play. Speaking of which, how about Dutra's effort at the goal line on the Elliott TD. I still don't think the ball crossed the goal line in bounds.
Don't get me wrong on Diamont. I like the kid, but like others have said, he's not the future nor a stud.

Wow.

So how was Dakich game day? I didn't get over until it was just finishing up. What kind of crowd? Many students? And was DD on Urban's sideline? I couldn't see him there .

That's a nice story. I will just assume your eyes suck more then Cap on a 9 peen bender.

If your eyes worked well, you would have seen a guy that after 70 yards was still not even close to getting run down.

Urban Meyer and the eyes of everybody else disagree. Now if you are like OS and can provide us with proof that up have special skillz that no others have then make us look silly.

Maybe your eyes are like Os's science skillz.

Dude...he out ran OSUs defense for 73 yards. A player with "average" speed gets caught from behind even if the OSU defense is a sleep.

Tell me, how many times have you seen howard break a long run...and not get caught from behind?

Idiot, if he needed to run 240 yards, there is no way he would have outran them!

Well....he's a stud. At least from head to toe.

That's a nice story. I will just assume your eyes suck more then Cap on a 9 peen bender.

If your eyes worked well, you would have seen a guy that after 70 yards was still not even close to getting run down.

Urban Meyer and the eyes of everybody else disagree. Now if you are like OS and can provide us with proof that up have special skillz that no others have then make us look silly.

Maybe your eyes are like Os's science skillz.
Definitely not going to the OS level on this because it's not that important, but I did watch the video.
After the 3 man wipeout at the 25, he had five defenders to beat:
2 middle linebackers, both of whom are slow. #55 & #37
2 corners/safeties on the right side of the defense, #11 & #13. Both were getting blocked and had their back to goal line as ZD blew by them. One at the 29, one at the 35. The both gave the, "I'm going to run this out for the film, but I sure as hell ain't busting my ass" effort.
The last guy is #8. He's either OSU's left outside linebacker or their left corner playing in on this play. After biting hard on the play fake, he's the only OSU defender that gave max effort. That, by the way, is what above average speed looks like.

The last guy is #8. He's either OSU's left outside linebacker or their left corner playing in on this play. After biting hard on the play fake, he's the only OSU defender that gave max effort. That, by the way, is what above average speed looks like.
Which is someone that Zander out ran for 73 yards...yet Zander only has average speed compared to the guy he out ran that has above average speed...who in your opinion was the only one giving max effort.

Makes sense.....

SMH

Last edited:
Which is someone that Zander out ran for 73 yards...yet Zander only has average speed compared to the guy he out ran that has above average speed...who in your opinion was the only one giving max effort.

Makes sense.....

SMH
Watch the video dumbasses (you too hoosierdug since you like his nonsense)
See the closing speed from the opposite side of the field after biting hard on the run fake to Redding.
ZD simply had fewer yards to run and a big enough head start that he got to the end zone before 8 caught him. If you want to believe that constitutes out running him, feel free. I don't.
SMFH

See the closing speed from the opposite side of the field after biting hard on the run fake to Redding.
ZD simply had fewer yards to run and a big enough head start that he got to the end zone before 8 caught him. If you want to believe that constitutes out running him, feel free. I don't.
SMFH
Did the guy catch him? I mean with him giving max effort and having above average speed catching a kid with only average speed should be pretty easy to do after 73 yards...right?

Of course, if not being caught after running 73 yards (some of that was across the field while the other guy was "biting hard" before Zander actually turned up field toward the goal line) constitutes out running...then yes, I would say Zander out ran the guy from OSU that gave max effort with above average speed.

SMFH

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm coming by sometime before homecoming. No, I'm not bringing any of the girls. Or pictures.

Did the guy catch him? I mean with him giving max effort and having above average speed catching a kid with only average speed should be pretty easy to do after 73 yards...right?

Of course, if not being caught after running 73 yards (some of that was across the field while the other guy was "biting hard" before Zander actually turned up field toward the goal line) constitutes out running...then yes, I would say Zander out ran the guy from OSU that gave max effort with above average speed.
Like I said, feel free.

The guy in lane 5 has above average speed and was the only other one on the track giving max effort. The guy in lane four only has average speed.
Bolt has 'Out of this World' class speed.
All of the rest of those guys have 'World Class' speed with the possible exception of the dude in lane 7.
The dude in lane 7 would have caught ZD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT