ADVERTISEMENT

Should health care premiums increase for the unvaccinated?...

ribbont

All-American
Mar 23, 2006
A friend of mine and I were discussing over the weekend and then I saw this article.

I think I'm good with increased rates. Thoughts?

A friend of mine and I were discussing over the weekend and then I saw this article.

it's an interesting topic. there's tobacco rating and i think same could apply to covid once the vaccines get past eau

How about we have a check list of things? I mean really , why not. I will start ,#1 pregnancy, it doesnt just happen to anyone so why should insurance pay for one with no complications? How about whether you drive or not as chances of being in an accident are a lot less if you don't . Do you like boating and going out on the water as more chance for hospitalization than staying on land.

People that live in metro areas & ride public transport too, since they’re more likely to get it. We could also track peoples’ movements & raise rates for unnecessary trips out of the house. Better yet, let’s start refusing treatment for the dirtbags that don’t have insurance too…

People that live in metro areas & ride public transport too, since they’re more likely to get it. We could also track peoples’ movements & raise rates for unnecessary trips out of the house. Better yet, let’s start refusing treatment for the dirtbags that don’t have insurance too…
Lets just raise rates on jet. Idiocy should get a rate increase

Reactions: meridian
Lets just raise rates on jet. Idiocy should get a rate increase
What’s the problem? If we’re going to base rates on likelihood of contraction &/or hospitalization, why stop with vaccinations, let’s take it all into account Cletus…

What’s the problem? If we’re going to base rates on likelihood of contraction &/or hospitalization, why stop with vaccinations, let’s take it all into account Cletus…

Raising rates on people who increase our healthcare costs because they are making dumb choices vs raising rates on people for having kids..

Totally the same thing...riiiight

How about we have a check list of things? I mean really , why not. I will start ,#1 pregnancy, it doesnt just happen to anyone so why should insurance pay for one with no complications? How about whether you drive or not as chances of being in an accident are a lot less if you don't . Do you like boating and going out on the water as more chance for hospitalization than staying on land.
Wow. OK I will type slowly.

Insurance for "pregnancy" is usually covered by an employer's group health insurance but the employer can probably buy group health insurance with no "pregnancy" coverage. Such coverage is expensive for the employer but employees often don't want to opt into the group coverage if it doesn't cover "pregnancy." It might be possible for an employee to opt out of "pregnancy" coverage. And, as you probably heard when you were in high school, sometimes pregnancy actually does "just happen to anyone." 😬

Auto insurance is mandated by state law as to both minimum coverage (PLPD) and the other types of coverage. I believe permitted forms of auto insurance automatically cover persons other than the driver. Good luck getting your legislature to allow auto insurance that doesn't cover injuries to non-drivers such as passengers and bystanders.

"Hospitalization" insurance most likely applies whether you are on land or in a boat when you need "hospitalization." Since you don't know when you will need it, you would be foolish trying to get "hospitalization" insurance that doesn't apply if you are on a boat.

Raising rates on people who increase our healthcare costs because they are making dumb choices vs raising rates on people for having kids..

Totally the same thing...riiiight
I didn’t say anything about having kids. I know it’s a stretch for you to read two things & keep them separate but try to keep up….😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
I didn’t say anything about having kids. I know it’s a stretch for you to read two things & keep them separate but try to keep up….😂😂😂

Sorry, cray said that. Your analogies aren't any better

Wow. OK I will type slowly.

Insurance for "pregnancy" is usually covered by an employer's group health insurance but the employer can probably buy group health insurance with no "pregnancy" coverage. Such coverage is expensive for the employer but employees often don't want to opt into the group coverage if it doesn't cover "pregnancy." It might be possible for an employee to opt out of "pregnancy" coverage. And, as you probably heard when you were in high school, sometimes pregnancy actually does "just happen to anyone." 😬

Auto insurance is mandated by state law as to both minimum coverage (PLPD) and the other types of coverage. I believe permitted forms of auto insurance automatically cover persons other than the driver. Good luck getting your legislature to allow auto insurance that doesn't cover injuries to non-drivers such as passengers and bystanders.

"Hospitalization" insurance most likely applies whether you are on land or in a boat when you need "hospitalization." Since you don't know when you will need it, you would be foolish trying to get "hospitalization" insurance that doesn't apply if you are on a boat.
Did you skip sex education in HS? Just curious how it '' just happens '' in your world? I realize your oxygen supply is severely limited.
Guess what , some people don't have auto insurance including amazingly enough a lot of illegals that dont even have a license and even so there are limits and if the other party has inadequate coverage.

So let me make this e x t r e m e l y easy for you, typing slow so you can understand. For a pregnancy to occur a penis must be inserted in a vagina or maybe a bad rim shot but it doesnt happen from riding a bicycle. I can retype that slower for you if you need me to.

Reactions: Excellent Post

I get what you are saying. But you pay higher premiums on your car insurance based not only on your driving but others as well. Others reckless driving is increasing your costs. Does that not irritate you? Is that fair?

Unhealthy people should pay higher rates...that is how it should work. I'm good for the unvaccinated being grouped in that category.
Would it be possible under the ACA?
What do you say oh wise one?
My point too. The libs were all for all inclusive ACA but now want to start saying well what about this. Train has left the station and no ever going back to what we had before

I get what you are saying. But you pay higher premiums on your car insurance based not only on your driving but others as well. Others reckless driving is increasing your costs. Does that not irritate you? Is that fair?
But it isn't controlled by the government like ACA

Life ins takes into acct the destructive behavior of smoking, as well as high risk behavior of sky driving.

Auto takes into account driving history and reckless driving and speeding.
But it isn't controlled by the government like ACA

My health ins is group, not ACA. So, I can get a discount if my BP is in range, same with cholesterol. Is it ok for an insurer to give me a discount for getting vaccinated?

Life ins takes into acct the destructive behavior of smoking, as well as high risk behavior of sky driving.

Auto takes into account driving history and reckless driving and speeding.

My health ins is group, not ACA. So, I can get a discount if my BP is in range, same with cholesterol. Is it ok for an insurer to give me a discount for getting vaccinated?
I am not an insurance expert but if we have no pre existing conditions it pretty much covers it all. I asked someone else then on the same vein if I get side effects from the free Govt shot shouldn't they pay for it vs deductibles and my insurance?

just pay people to get vaccinated, would be cheaper for the country in the long run, give trumptards a box of shot gun shells or a extra deer tag this year they will fall in line and we can end this.

Despite your pathetic attempt at humor, do you want to pay people every year if an annual booster is needed? And how much?

Reactions: Crayfish57
Despite your pathetic attempt at humor, do you want to pay people every year if an annual booster is needed? And how much?
yes I would , I think around 200 would get us to about 90 percent, what do you think the economic impact is of people refusing to get vaccinated , 1 uninsured person spending 2 months in the hospital is well over 2 million, someone to stupid to get vaccinated has a high probability of being uninsured. and that was not a pathetic attempt at humor, good humor contains some truth

Reactions: IU_Hickory
yes I would , I think around 200 would get us to about 90 percent, what do you think the economic impact is of people refusing to get vaccinated , 1 uninsured person spending 2 months in the hospital is well over 2 million, someone to stupid to get vaccinated has a high probability of being uninsured. and that was not a pathetic attempt at humor, good humor contains some truth

I am not an insurance expert but if we have no pre existing conditions it pretty much covers it all. I asked someone else then on the same vein if I get side effects from the free Govt shot shouldn't they pay for it vs deductibles and my insurance?

It is an interesting question. I am sure what the answer is. I just thought it was an interesting discussion.

Reactions: Crayfish57

You may be right on that amount. And yes, the econ impact is important. I started the thread for discussion, not labeling and lame name calling. If you think that is funny, then fine.

You really don't do yourself any favors at trying to appear intelligent. It would be too stupid not to . It was pretty pathetic by anyone's standards ? Your humor is pretty pathetic so don't waste time giving yourself an award.

You
You may be right on that amount. And yes, the econ impact is important. I started the thread for discussion, not labeling and lame name calling. If you think that is funny, then fine.
came to the wrong place, that said had I read more of your posts afterwards my initial tone would have been different in response.

If we're going to use the cost of insurance to punish people for bad decisions, we should limit those cases to behavior which we want to disincentivize entirely. Smoking fits that metric. We don't want anyone to smoke. Pregnancy does not. We do want people to continue to have babies.

Plus, you're not really drawing a very accurate analogy. A better analogy to the OP would be for people who refuse to use birth control to pay higher premiums. Is that really somewhere you think we should go? I don't.

Reactions: NPT
Calling yourself a dirtbag is not nice. Try to be nice to yourself!

You really don't do yourself any favors at trying to appear intelligent. It would be too stupid not to . It was pretty pathetic by anyone's standards ? Your humor is pretty pathetic so don't waste time giving yourself an award.
I've read a lot of your post I'm fine with my intelligence and humor, the fact you find me lacking actually makes me feel better, you can take your grammar police act elsewhere

The evidence is the evidence, and vaccination prevents the disease. Someone who doesn't get the vaccine is at increased risk. and should pay higher insurance premiums.

I'd be careful with the words. It does not fully prevent the disease, but it greatly reduces one's risk of contraction, and more importantly, risk of severe reaction if there were a contraction.

I agree they should pay higher premiums. Decisions have consequences.

Reactions: bigmac76
I've read a lot of your post I'm fine with my intelligence and humor, the fact you find me lacking actually makes me feel better, you can take your grammar police act elsewhere
If you are so big on intelligence perhaps you should, It would at least improve your appearance. You can't seem to post anything with out errors. You are the one talking about intelligence

I'd be careful with the words. It does not fully prevent the disease, but it greatly reduces one's risk of contraction, and more importantly, risk of severe reaction if there were a contraction.

I agree they should pay higher premiums. Decisions have consequences.
Yes, but then all decisions should then and where do you stop the list? There are so many things that you can start using and I still see too many bad stories , a higher level by far in people I know and their group vs what you see broadcast.

You

came to the wrong place, that said had I read more of your posts afterwards my initial tone would have been different in response.

If you are so big on intelligence perhaps you should, It would at least improve your appearance. You can't seem to post anything with out errors. You are the one talking about intelligence
Irony. Barely literate

Yes, but then all decisions should then and where do you stop the list? There are so many things that you can start using and I still see too many bad stories , a higher level by far in people I know and their group vs what you see broadcast.

Ideally, there should be adjustments for a massive amount of lifestyle decisions (e.g., higher premiums for substance abusers or even heavy users, lower premiums for people that workout more, etc.).

Why shouldn't one of those morbidly obese people trying to set world records have to pay more for health insurance?

Ideally, there should be adjustments for a massive amount of lifestyle decisions (e.g., higher premiums for substance abusers or even heavy users, lower premiums for people that workout more, etc.).

Why shouldn't one of those morbidly obese people trying to set world records have to pay more for health insurance?
Here is a better question related to this thread what about the unvaxxed illegals pouring over the border and using our health care system. Maybe we should focus more on them than citizens making choices on what they put in their body?

Here is a better question related to this thread what about the unvaxxed illegals pouring over the border and using our health care system. Maybe we should focus more on them than citizens making choices on what they put in their body?

why not both? You are deflecting personal accountability and responsibility for maintaining ones health, which is now a societal economic burden.

If you choose to drink 20 cans of coke per day or eat tide pods, you should pay significantly more money than someone who doesn’t

why not both? You are deflecting personal accountability and responsibility for maintaining ones health, which is now a societal economic burden.

If you choose to drink 20 cans of coke per day or eat tide pods, you should pay significantly more money than someone who doesn’t
Just how are you planning to regulate all of this? What about if you check the healthy boxes but the doctor tells you because of heredity you are more likely to have a stroke than your fat neighbor? To me once Obama passed his bullsh*t this all went out the window. Why should I be stuck paying a lot more to cover people for free that can't get their own insurance and once they got it a lot of those ppl will run to a doc for a runny nose the rest of us that have to pay just go on. Where are you going to start and stop drawing the lines? Do we test IQ? Not talking about ppl on a message board calling each other stupid but actual IQ? Is that not going to be a huge factor? Again I am all for a lot of this until I got screwed over with the ACA because I carried a high deductible policy I never used but always payed, stayed with same company forever so pre existing wasnt an issue and when we elected that a**hole and his plan it all went away. So I have little care about what people think we should do now. Most of them voted for him so reap the costs .

Reactions: Excellent Post
The evidence is the evidence, and vaccination prevents the disease. Someone who doesn't get the vaccine is at increased risk. and should pay higher insurance premiums.
It does not prevent you from getting the disease. But it is effective relative to if you didn't get the vaccine. So 90% efficacy for hospitalization means you're 90% less likely to be hospitalized if you get the vaccine than if you did not if all other factors are equal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT