ADVERTISEMENT

Shooters.....

Harpo Marxist

Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2002
This team does not have high level shooters. That is the glaring weakness. Size is outstanding......but the backcourt is as predicted.....pedestrian...at least so far. They are letting FGCU hang around...at their own peril.

This team does not have high level shooters. That is the glaring weakness. Size is outstanding......but the backcourt is as predicted.....pedestrian...at least so far. They are letting FGCU hang around...at their own peril.
Yep. CJ Gunn isnt the answer off the bench. I like Cupps, he will be a BA. X will have to play smart and Galloway the best he can because this team will need it badly.

• Sad
Reactions: Willdog7
This is painful to watch. We can’t afford to lose this game if we want to make the tourney

I'm at the game..
Shooter's ?
Can't stay in front of guys..
Sucked in the lane.. Kick out for open 3's ..Easy money 💰

Walker needs to sit rest of this one. An experienced player like him should know not to force things, especially shots outside your skillset

The backcourt of X, Galloway, and Cupps is the only reason we won the game.

So, I assume, that your position is that MSU is out of the running to make the tourney since they lost their first game??

Do you think before posting?
MSu has a history of doing so. So yes I would say they will be fine and make the tourney. We are kinda an enigma this year. A lot of high ranked guys but cannot mesh into a successful team

This team does not have high level shooters
It's been one game and the first of the season...... Wtf is wrong with some of you? It's almost if you've taken whining and crying about impending doom to a religious level.

Plug it up .. let the coach coach and see what happens. Or continue crying and complaining like lil b****es about what may happen but hasn't ..

Some of you are ****in' weirdos ..

Last edited:
It's been one game and the first of the season...... Wtf is wrong with some of you? It's almost if you've taken whining and crying about impending doom to a religious level.

Plug it up .. let the coach coach and see what happens. Or continue crying and complaining like lil b****es about what may happen but hasn't ..

Some of you are ****in' weirdos ..

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Based on what? They've played half of one game.
well, there was, what 2-24 from last year (I know, doesn't matter because he doesn't get enough minutes, right? But, ask yourself did Alford ever have a 2-24 stretch?). I think CJ gets in his own head, and if he can learn to relax and play his game (which is not shooting 3s all the time) he can really contribute. But, some guys are just good practice players and the games diminish their effectiveness. Hoping that's not CJ, but his soph year would be a great time to turn it on or find out.

It probably got missed by a lot of folks here with the passing of RMK last week, but Todd Leary was on Jim Coyle's show and said he thinks MM has the chance to be the best shooter at IU since Jay Edwards. Now, that was probably hyperbole, but still, that's coming from a former player who was a great shooter. So, will he be the reincarnation of Jay Edwards? No, but could he become a reliable shooter/scorer? I think so. I've been saying all along, this will likely not be a good shooting team, but they are going to have to take the good open looks when they are there; whether early in the clock, on breaks at times, etc... We don't have a good high volume shooter, so we need to take better shots when we can.

It probably got missed by a lot of folks here with the passing of RMK last week, but Todd Leary was on Jim Coyle's show and said he thinks MM has the chance to be the best shooter at IU since Jay Edwards. Now, that was probably hyperbole, but still, that's coming from a former player who was a great shooter. So, will he be the reincarnation of Jay Edwards? No, but could he become a reliable shooter/scorer? I think so. I've been saying all along, this will likely not be a good shooting team, but they are going to have to take the good open looks when they are there; whether early in the clock, on breaks at times, etc... We don't have a good high volume shooter, so we need to take better shots when we can.
MM's shot is smooth and quick. If he's reasonably accurate he'll single-handedly make this thread obsolete (as long as he's not so bad on defense he can't stay on the floor).

Reactions: bsmitty08
well, there was, what 2-24 from last year (I know, doesn't matter because he doesn't get enough minutes, right? But, ask yourself did Alford ever have a 2-24 stretch?). I think CJ gets in his own head, and if he can learn to relax and play his game (which is not shooting 3s all the time) he can really contribute. But, some guys are just good practice players and the games diminish their effectiveness. Hoping that's not CJ, but his soph year would be a great time to turn it on or find out.
When he had a and one layup in the 1st game I was sitting under the basket. After he scored he was right in front of me and my buddy and said this shit is too easy. The band director looked impressed. I turned and told her that guy shot 7% from three last year. Was reallllll easy. Got a good laugh.

A lot of high ranked guys but cannot mesh into a successful team

ONE game and you can make that determination even considering the fact that there are 6 new scholarship players on this team (two starters - one being a freshman) and what, 10 new players in total?
Add in that IU lost a bulk of their scoring and rebounding which puts players in unfamiliar roles.

I repeat - ONE F****** GAME.

Reactions: IUoldtimer
ONE game and you can make that determination even considering the fact that there are 6 new scholarship players on this team (two starters - one being a freshman) and what, 10 new players in total?
Add in that IU lost a bulk of their scoring and rebounding which puts players in unfamiliar roles.

I repeat - ONE F****** GAME.
No doubt, I think we will improve but I don’t love the overall balance of the team. To many guys whose games are similar. Guard play/wing play will be key.

Reactions: Al Bino
Now that is a reasonable statement.
If you had a website or was a writer, the post I commented on, IMO, would have been considered click bait.

Reactions: bsmitty08
Now that is a reasonable statement.
If you had a website or was a writer, the post I commented on, IMO, would have been considered click bait.
Honestly was sitting at dinner and didn’t complete by complete thought on the post lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT