ADVERTISEMENT

Controlled Rant

You can’t seriously be that delusional, can you?

My cousin has a girlfriend who graduated from Heritage Christian last year and she had conversations with Miles about him wanting to be a Hoosier. Woody didn’t come at him hard enough.

My cousin has a girlfriend who graduated from Heritage Christian last year and she had conversations with Miles about him wanting to be a Hoosier. Woody didn’t come at him hard enough.
That cousin was blowing smoke. You know who his dad is right? And that his sister currently plays volleyball right now at Purdue? There was never a chance.

Plus IU is not what it used to be and a lot of these kids don’t even know IU ever being that good—they were either too young or not even born.

Pg Johnson
Sg Mgbako
SF Walker
PF Reneau
C Ware

First subs in Galloway, Cupps, Sparks, Banks, Gunn in order or as needed. I would keep Jonson in with the 2nd unit for a while and have three guards .
Anyone who thinks Mgbako should still be starting isn't qualified to have an opinion. He is hospice care for offense. He's where your offense goes to die. And his defense is somehow worse. It's a natural disaster right now.

I know he is a freshman and he appears to have the tools to improve, but he has to earn these minutes and he hasn't. Cupps is also a freshman and has his problems but is better on both ends. Gunn is also bad on offense, but at least he plays D.

Woodson's decision to start Mgbako and keep starting him is his biggest indictment yet. Bad on offense, atrocious on defense, gets arrested before the season even starts, and no accountability.

Reactions: bIhawk
My point was there was an alternate explanation for year one being Woody’s best year defensively other than Fife. IMO it is because his first year was the healthiest and oldest team he had. We are very young and will take time for this years team to grow defensively.
It also by far played one of the weakest non-con schedules on record (it’s one of the main reasons why it took upsetting MICH and ILL in the BTT in Indy to get in as a play-in in Dayton). And even then we showed a ton of warts. We let a 16-point lead against EMU fritter down to 1. We were down 37-23 at one point to MRSH. SJU had a chance at a buzzer-beater when they didn’t lead for much of the game. SYR scored 112 on us (yes, it was double OT, but they didn’t score 100 on anyone else).

And even in conference we weren’t great. We gagged twice to WIS and IOWA. We let a 27-point lead at MINN get to 3. ILL and MICH bitchslapped us at home. Five idjits (one who’s still here) broke curfew at NW. RUTG beat us at home at the buzzer. PSU sucked and we merely split with them. We gagged a late lead at OSU (although we did beat them at home). Outside of splitting with PUR where we played pretty well in both games, it wasn’t exactly a year to write home about even though we won an NCAAT game for the first time in six years.

Lot of Kocolene Fueling Factors are at work here. And none of them are encouraging.

Last edited:
Reactions: salient43
Anyone who thinks Mgbako should still be starting isn't qualified to have an opinion. He is hospice care for offense. He's where your offense goes to die. And his defense is somehow worse. It's a natural disaster right now.

I know he is a freshman and he appears to have the tools to improve, but he has to earn these minutes and he hasn't. Cupps is also a freshman and has his problems but is better on both ends. Gunn is also bad on offense, but at least he plays D.

Woodson's decision to start Mgbako and keep starting him is his biggest indictment yet. Bad on offense, atrocious on defense, gets arrested before the season even starts, and no accountability.
Only 4 games in you bench him you might really crush his confidence plus if he don't get going Indiana is screwed.

I suspect he will continue to start. It is an unwritten rule of the absurd 5 star infrastructure that he plays come what may.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT