ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously, what has happened to Banks?

jacksback

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
The kids hasn't seen the floor in forever. Maybe I've been living under a rock and he's hurt. If he's not hurt then how could he have gotten so buried in Woody's doghouse? I know he wasn't playing particularly well but he usually played decent D. That kid is surely in the transfer portal 30 seconds after it opens.

Reactions: bawlmer and kmathum
The kids hasn't seen the floor in forever. Maybe I've been living under a rock and he's hurt. If he's not hurt then how could he have gotten so buried in Woody's doghouse? I know he wasn't playing particularly well but he usually played decent D. That kid is surely in the transfer portal 30 seconds after it opens.
Yeah I think it's time to empty the bench. What have you got to lose.

I thought that he could have helped if he would have just focused on defense, rebounding, and hustle. But it seemed that he just couldn’t stop himself from hunting shots. He took a lot of quick bad shots and hurt himself IMO. Seemed like it went that way most every time he played. Same thing with Walker in his last few appearances.

Obviously I have no idea...

But when a player with his physical gifts gets to the point where he's getting literally 0 minutes of playing time, there's usually an attitude issue involved. Maybe he isn't playing hard enough in practices? Maybe he's made it known he's gonna transfer?

Its not like the guys that are playing are dialed in right now. If it weren't an attitude or behavioral issue, he'd be getting some minutes here and there.

Obviously I have no idea...

But when a player with his physical gifts gets to the point where he's getting literally 0 minutes of playing time, there's usually an attitude issue involved. Maybe he isn't playing hard enough in practices? Maybe he's made it known he's gonna transfer?

Its not like the guys that are playing are dialed in right now. If it weren't an attitude or behavioral issue, he'd be getting some minutes here and there.
I can’t say it’s for not playing hard. Have you watched our team? I dont see a team that plays hard. My guess he has made it known he is entering portal

Unless it's some sort of internal disciplinary thing I hate it. We keep shoving our HS recruits out the door (Bates, Duncombe, Banks, Gunn?). It's on the coaches at this point.

he's so far into the portal lucy couldn't suck him out. what's crazy Woodson went from hockey line sub patterns to playing 6 guys now. he is so clueless it's scary.
Serious question: why stay on the team and go thru the motions if you’ve already decided to leave? Can’t imagine how that situation helps anyone involved.

Serious question: why stay on the team and go thru the motions if you’ve already decided to leave? Can’t imagine how that situation helps anyone involved.
NIL $$$ ?? Just a possible explanation. Also, coaches are focused on their seasons right now.

Also, Cook Hall isn't a bad place to work on your game while you're waiting for college coaches to start looking for portal guys.

NIL $$$ ?? Just a possible explanation. Also, coaches are focused on their seasons right now.

Also, Cook Hall isn't a bad place to work on your game while you're waiting for college coaches to start looking for portal guys.
Yeah, I didn’t explain that very well. I meant from the standpoint of actually having a cohesive team. If he’s half-assing it in practice, that doesn’t help anyone he’s going against. And it sure as hell doesn’t help Woody.

Does an NIL agreement preclude Woody from telling him to pack up his stuff and vacate? You know, for the betterment of the program?

Yeah, I didn’t explain that very well. I meant from the standpoint of actually having a cohesive team. If he’s half-assing it in practice, that doesn’t help anyone he’s going against. And it sure as hell doesn’t help Woody.

Does an NIL agreement preclude Woody from telling him to pack up his stuff and vacate? You know, for the betterment of the program?
he would just be another half asser on a half asser team probably fits in well at practice.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
That’s why he isn’t playing him. Still can use in practice for 5-5
Makes no sense. He’s got 8 walkons for that. Lord knows those guys never sniff the court on game days.

I know this is old man stuff, but I’d tell Woodson to get his (Banks) ass out of the locker room if he’s not all in. Player accountability must be a thing of the past.

No clue the ins and outs of NIL deals. Just suggesting that could be a part of it.

I guess I would seriously doubt that NIL deals could govern college coaches decisions officially. But I'm sure there are some unwritten rules and pressures that NIL deals put on college coaches. And its possible, Banks remaining in an IU uniform could be a condition for some NIL contributors continued involvement in the program?

In the end, all this is conjecture. Might just be as simple as Woody doesn't trust Banks in the games. That would be a head scratcher, because the guys he is trusting aren't playing well overall. But it could be as simple as that.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Of course. But why would Woodson want him? I can’t imagine a teammate who has openly quit being all that great for team morale.
And what benefit is there for Banks to say anything to Woodson? Unless he was just mad. Now it's going to be the first question to explain during the portal search.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT