ADVERTISEMENT

Serial killers roaming the highways...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Sounds like something out of a C-grade horror movie. But this report is pretty scary, esp when you consider how many people frequent truck stops...I had to double check and make sure this wasn't some video from 16 yrs ago that was just now showing up on youtube...

Sounds like something out of a C-grade horror movie. But this report is pretty scary, esp when you consider how many people frequent truck stops...I had to double check and make sure this wasn't some video from 16 yrs ago that was just now showing up on youtube...

Holy crap cosmic I had no clue. Jeeeesh. Big time eye opener and the pattern to get to where most these victims ended up is sad.

Reactions: BradStevens

Fascinating. 25 serial killers identified so far that are long haul truckers.

There was a recent podcast on Plain English wondering where all the serial killers had gone. Far fewer now than in the 70s and 80s.

I’m longtime friends with Holly Dunn Pendleton, the only known victim of Angel Maturino Reséndiz (aka “The Railroad Killer”) to have survived. He murdered at least 15 people over a 3 year period before being caught.

Holly was a student at UK and was walking home with her boyfriend from a party when Reséndiz attacked them. He murdered the boyfriend, raped her, and then bashed her head in with a rock…believing he had killed her too. She played dead and was able to make her way to a nearby house for help.

She went on to establish Holly’s House here - a safe house for victims of sexual assault to receive support, treatment, etc.

There was a recent podcast on Plain English wondering where all the serial killers had gone. Far fewer now than in the 70s and 80s.
I'm surprised there aren't more. There's a lot of crime at these truck stops. My cousin's husband got his head bashed at one when he stopped for the night.

There are a lot of 'lot lizards' - prostitution - at these places.

I'm not surprised at all that killer types are in the industry.

I think technology has helped to shut a lot of it down. Cameras are pretty much at any public place. GPS. Phone tracking. Cell towers. Plus add in the advancements in forensic DNA and genealogy and the trails of evidence give tons of info to law enforcement.

I think technology has helped to shut a lot of it down. Cameras are pretty much at any public place. GPS. Phone tracking. Cell towers. Plus add in the advancements in forensic DNA and genealogy and the trails of evidence give tons of info to law enforcement.
Shave your body, wear a mask, wear a pvc level 1 hazmat suit, carry no phone, and only do it to people trying to steal your house through divorce.

Is what I read some where but I don’t have a link .

Shave your body, wear a mask, wear a pvc level 1 hazmat suit, carry no phone, and only do it to people trying to steal your house through divorce.

Is what I read some where but I don’t have a link .
Sounds like you know someone who's thought this through......

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Yep, that’s what the pod discussed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT