ADVERTISEMENT

Sean Miller BUSTED!

I could name more but do we need more? Is 1 not cheating? It has to be 10? Or what’s your number that would make it cheating?

So, no.

You are reachcat......at best.

Go grab your Brad autographed picture and click your heals together......it all good at IU

Brad Stevens clap clap clap clap....

Brad Stevens clap clap clap clap....
After all this comes out and you still think I wasn’t right for saying in 2011 that we should’ve fired Crean and hired Stevens? Yea, that sounds like a terrible idea.

I’ve had season tickets for longer than you’ve been alive. And I graduated from IU. There’s no bigger fan than me. Doesn’t mean I have to wear crimson blinders though.

When did I say you weren’t a IU fan?

I said you had a agenda......and with your age.....good for you being on the inter web.....

After all this comes out and you still think I wasn’t right for saying in 2011 that we should’ve fired Crean and hired Stevens? Yea, that sounds like a terrible idea.

You like living in the past don’t you?

Hey, you do your thing..... lol

Who did and, if so, why wouldn't people associate those same suspicions with Archie?
Why would they? He coached Dayton before IU... If Dayton was landing a bunch of 5-stars like say Vandy... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Question? If the probe and NCAA investigation turns up dozens of programs that provided payments to players and other impermissible benefits what do you think will happen? Major scholarship reductions, death penalties, coaches banned? If it goes as deep as it appears how does this get cleaned up and how long will it take?

Question? If the probe and NCAA investigation turn up dozens of programs that provided payments to players and other impermissible benefits what do you think will happen? Major scholarship reductions, death penalties, coaches banned? If it goes as deep as it appears how does this get cleaned up and how long will it take?

Vacated wins, postseason bans, show cause penalties for the coaches.

Lots of folks jumping to pretty big conclusions both directions here. We have known Miller was a suspect from the first day the FBI news broke weeks ago. We now know why.

I would be be very surprised if Crean was dirty, but if he was I doubt it affects IU today. Does piss me off that a couple of BOT members held Glass back from firing Crean earlier. Thanks to the Trustee who helped him finally get it done last year.

Question? If the probe and NCAA investigation turns up dozens of programs that provided payments to players and other impermissible benefits what do you think will happen? Major scholarship reductions, death penalties, coaches banned? If it goes as deep as it appears how does this get cleaned up and how long will it take?
I think it will stick to the coaches personally, as this is an FBI investigation. Later on maybe the NCAA takes additional action against the schools. For schools with BIG issues, maybe lack of institutional control. Who knows at this point.

I think it will stick to the coaches personally, as this is an FBI investigation. Later on maybe the NCAA takes additional action against the schools. For schools with BIG issues, maybe lack of institutional control. Who knows at this point.

Lol...if this thing is so deep that basically every major Adidas school is involved, you can be darn sure all the Nike ones were as well. And if it is all those schools, then it is basically the entire power 5 conferences. You think they are going to let Mark Emmertt turn off the revenue spigot? If that many schools are involved and the NCAA tries to drop the hammer, the NCAA will cease to exist as it does now. The Big Ten, SEC, ACC, Pac 10, and Big 12 will all leave and form a new league.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
There is no possible way Miller can coach tomorrow is there? After the football scandal the u of a would be crazy to let him coach.

Reactions: IUgradman
I’ve had season tickets for longer than you’ve been alive. And I graduated from IU. There’s no bigger fan than me. Doesn’t mean I have to wear crimson blinders though.

Lies. You’re loving it! Look at your posts. I guess you can claim dementia...

Quit anointing yourself as some sort of savant. There were dozens of posts on here suggesting that. No wonder you’re such a Knight fan, your level of delusion is unprecedented.

Cue another post about crimson colored glasses...

Nobody thought Sean Miller was dirty until an hour ago. Believe what you want, but Crean employed a couple of shady guys with shaky reputations who are now neck deep in this thing, and Archie's brother, for whom he served as an assistant coach, is apparently on a wire tap telling a federally indicted sports agent to deal directly with him in the facilitation of a $100k honorarium for a high level recruit. Ignore those facts at your peril.
That was discussed while you were on "sabbatical" from the board recreating yourself.

KJ and CM worked for Crean. If either are dirty, it would be difficult to believe that a micromanager like Crean didn't have some inkling that not everything was on the up and up.
We didn't get Bowen. So let's say Crean's assistant talked to a man and then brought the info to Crean. Crean says no which would explain why we didn't get Bowen. Then Crean parts way with coaches who brought up shady deals. I really don't see how IU or Crean could be in trouble. Even the assistants who would have tried to do the shady deals and were not able to would not be in trouble either. Temptation is not a sin in the eyes of God or the NCAA. It's all about what you did.

Reactions: hoosierstateII
We didn't get Bowen. So let's say Crean's assistant talked to a man and then brought the info to Crean. Crean says no which would explain why we didn't get Bowen. Then Crean parts way with coaches who brought up shady deals. I really don't see how IU or Crean could be in trouble. Even the assistants who would have tried to do the shady deals and were not able to would not be in trouble either. Temptation is not a sin in the eyes of God or the NCAA. It's all about what you did.
You live in a dream world.

Reactions: Pryght and fpeaugh
If Crean was dirty, it’s an outrage. We don’t even have anything to show for it. Crean’s incompetence must’ve extended to his cheating too.
My thoughts as well. I mean, if you are going to be dirty, at least have tremendous success to show for it. I still doubt Crean is or was ever dirty. But this whole thing is shaking the foundation of college athletics.

My thoughts as well. I mean, if you are going to be dirty, at least have tremendous success to show for it. I still doubt Crean is or was ever dirty. But this whole thing is shaking the foundation of college athletics.
Your words reminded me of what Pete Bell said in Blue Chips. "You took the purest thing in your life and corrupted it, for what? For what?"

I can't believe what I'm reading on here.

Crean hired two guys who are now implicated by name in this FBI mess on cheating for recruits.

He was also named way back when when he got Malik Story instead of David Williams (read the book 'play their hearts out).

He also was busted making too many phone calls when we had sanctions on us.

He also said he's not bright enough to read a calendar when he was busted seeing Gary Harris when he shouldn't have been.

You really think Ahope was about stickers? No it was a pipeline that was going to get him a top five recruit Hanner Parea.

After Johnson left for Louisville...he hires frikken Chuck Martin.

After Ahope came this really strange east coast pipeline. When Thomas Bryant visited (with Thon Maker who had more red flags than Simi Shittu), Crean was booed out of the gym after a loss to Iowa. Didn't faze Bryant a bit. He chose us over that bastion of ethics Syracuse and there was a strange old white rich dude showing up a games while he was there (per Dakich).

Lastly he learned his craft from Izzo.

Jesus does Crean have to blatently have a press conference to announce he was a dirty recruiter for people here to finally pull the wool off of their eyes?

Stop being stupid and naive.

Hopefully Archie will learn from his brother and stay clean. Unfortunately his name is tainted with his bro which is something he'll have to overcome.

I'm still trying to decide if this is sarcasm or not ???

My computer been down since late last night so I have not read ever post. When I watched ESPN late last night they had all the teams that were implicated in this case and IU was not one of them. Not saying we are totally out of it but to me if their was anything they had on IU then we would have been listed.

How did you know they did not turn them down since Bowen did not come here. This is the things that Crean talked about not playing those recruiting games so it is obvious that Crean did not allow that to happen.
Sshhhhh. Don't make sense, Scott. It won't be allowed on this board.

My computer been down since late last night so I have not read ever post. When I watched ESPN late last night they had all the teams that were implicated in this case and IU was not one of them. Not saying we are totally out of it but to me if their was anything they had on IU then we would have been listed.

Point of order. How does your computer being down last night, keep you from reading every post? Is the rewind on your monitor broken as well? ? Just wondering.

I would be be very surprised if Crean was dirty,
Yea, except for the hiring of Kenny Johnson and Chuck Martin, and Troy Williams signing with ASM, sure .. because he said he was clean, and claimed he couldn't recruit because he didn't play the recruiting game, right? So did he hire Martin and Johnson for recruiting connections or their extensive coaching ability? lol ...

It's systematic, and everyone of note is probably involved. This is only one agent, and his web is pretty extensive. Imagine if they've caught another agent, or two, or thirty. And we haven't even heard what they have on shoe companies yet. The NCAA is going to change, it has to change, or it will die.

Reactions: hondo314
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT