ADVERTISEMENT

Sean Miller BUSTED!

He coached IU for almost 10 years. During the primary period of what is coming out. I guess that is how. But yeah, this just morphed I to how could IU be implicated? Which is what most care about. I can’t imagine Archie would be implicated.
Yeah, it's not like he was signing 5 stars at Dayton.

Okay, who knows what the truth is, but we do know Bowen did not come here AND OG and Bryant signed with different agents.

I agree and feel better about the entire situation today than I did last night. Hopefully, this is the end of it.

Yes, they signed with "clean" agents.

Troy Williams though ..
That's a pretty big leap.

Troy was not a target in the Bowen deal. Bryant and OG were. Neither of them signed, and Bowen didn't come. Without Bowen to IU, where's the connection with Troy signing with ASM? You really are presenting unrelated info that has no facts that are pertinent to the Bowen deal. Facts may eventually present themselves to support your contention, but for now... there's no "there" there.

Reactions: IUgradman
That's a pretty big leap.

Troy was not a target in the Bowen deal. Bryant and OG were. Neither of them signed, and Bowen didn't come. Without Bowen to IU, where's the connection with Troy signing with ASM? You really are presenting unrelated info that has no facts that are pertinent to the Bowen deal. Facts may eventually present themselves to support your contention, but for now... there's no "there" there.

I didn't make a leap ... only stated that Willaims signed with ASM. And you hope there's nothing there, just as I do. Knowing though is a different condition than hoping.

Reactions: hgdownunder
Just say'n.....Sean later also hired Archie as an assistant at Arizona when he got the job in 2009. “We didn’t grow up in the house together two years apart and the backyard,” Archie said. “... I basically look at him sort of as the role model, the guy whom to be like, the guy who to call when you need something, the one that helped you get to where you wanted to get to.........under his brother Sean. While at Arizona, Miller shined as a top recruiter, in that Arizona’s 2011 recruits were a Top 10 class,

Just say'n.....Sean later also hired Archie as an assistant at Arizona when he got the job in 2009. “We didn’t grow up in the house together two years apart and the backyard,” Archie said. “... I basically look at him sort of as the role model, the guy whom to be like, the guy who to call when you need something, the one that helped you get to where you wanted to get to.........under his brother Sean. While at Arizona, Miller shined as a top recruiter, in that Arizona’s 2011 recruits were a Top 10 class,

Well, it is his brother and they are blood. What the hell was he supposed to say?

“I think my brother is corrupt POS. I can’t believe he’s in my family or why I ever took this job.”

People are unpredictable so many times.
These subtle inferences in these threads to the “guilt by association” are disappointing to see.

Bob Knight had a guy on his staff named Dave Bliss.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
They can vacate wins, I’m okay with that if we’re dirty, but if another crappy coached era fumbles it’s way into this one, Langford doesn’t sign, and we’re set back a couple years I’ll never hate Crean more. At the moment I like him, just not as a coach.

No way. If Crean cheated, would you expect IU having much better rosters?

I can't believe what I'm reading on here.

Crean hired two guys who are now implicated by name in this FBI mess on cheating for recruits.

He was also named way back when when he got Malik Story instead of David Williams (read the book 'play their hearts out).

He also was busted making too many phone calls when we had sanctions on us.

He also said he's not bright enough to read a calendar when he was busted seeing Gary Harris when he shouldn't have been.

You really think Ahope was about stickers? No it was a pipeline that was going to get him a top five recruit Hanner Parea.

After Johnson left for Louisville...he hires frikken Chuck Martin.

After Ahope came this really strange east coast pipeline. When Thomas Bryant visited (with Thon Maker who had more red flags than Simi Shittu), Crean was booed out of the gym after a loss to Iowa. Didn't faze Bryant a bit. He chose us over that bastion of ethics Syracuse and there was a strange old white rich dude showing up a games while he was there (per Dakich).

Lastly he learned his craft from Izzo.

Jesus does Crean have to blatently have a press conference to announce he was a dirty recruiter for people here to finally pull the wool off of their eyes?

Stop being stupid and naive.

Hopefully Archie will learn from his brother and stay clean. Unfortunately his name is tainted with his bro which is something he'll have to overcome.

Since AM could not land anyone great at IU yet, he probably did not do any of this shady stuff yet. When he was hired, it was reported that the Millers were good friends of Calipari. Let's just hope it was just one Miller that followed Cal's foot steps....

Reactions: IUgradman
Since AM could not land anyone great at IU yet, he probably did not do any of this shady stuff yet. When he was hired, it was reported that the Millers were good friends of Calipari. Let's just hope it was just one Miller that followed Cal's foot steps....

Calipari is like the “Kevin Bacon” of college basketball: he is so networked that many, many coaches are acquaintances or connected through some degree of separation.

Well, it is his brother and they are blood. What the hell was he supposed to say?

“I think my brother is corrupt POS. I can’t believe he’s in my family or why I ever took this job.”

People are unpredictable so many times.
These subtle inferences in these threads to the “guilt by association” are disappointing to see.

Bob Knight had a guy on his staff named Dave Bliss.

PU fans like gelesen here are clinging tightly to hope,that there is a problem.

I imagine Sean is careful what he talks on the phone about these days and I sincerely hope Archie has nothing along those lines to talk about.

Ha! You can’t tell me they didn’t discuss this stuff some. But it’s not like he is going to get into that. Gotta be a tough balancing act for Archie.
Maybe but with all the wiretapping going on, I'm sure Sean thought the 1st thing he should do is have more conversations about it with little Bro on the phone.

I can't believe what I'm reading on here.

Crean hired two guys who are now implicated by name in this FBI mess on cheating for recruits.

He was also named way back when when he got Malik Story instead of David Williams (read the book 'play their hearts out).

He also was busted making too many phone calls when we had sanctions on us.

He also said he's not bright enough to read a calendar when he was busted seeing Gary Harris when he shouldn't have been.

You really think Ahope was about stickers? No it was a pipeline that was going to get him a top five recruit Hanner Parea.

After Johnson left for Louisville...he hires frikken Chuck Martin.

After Ahope came this really strange east coast pipeline. When Thomas Bryant visited (with Thon Maker who had more red flags than Simi Shittu), Crean was booed out of the gym after a loss to Iowa. Didn't faze Bryant a bit. He chose us over that bastion of ethics Syracuse and there was a strange old white rich dude showing up a games while he was there (per Dakich).

Lastly he learned his craft from Izzo.

Jesus does Crean have to blatently have a press conference to announce he was a dirty recruiter for people here to finally pull the wool off of their eyes?

Stop being stupid and naive.

Hopefully Archie will learn from his brother and stay clean. Unfortunately his name is tainted with his bro which is something he'll have to overcome.

I'm still trying to decide if this is sarcasm or not ???
No, he was not being sarcastic. I gotta say though the Thomas Bryant signing was a surprise. It was a rabbit out of a hat when Crean was on his way out.

Any more information on the old white rich dude? No I don’t mean you all here who have deep pockets. There was a Godfather type in the stands I do recall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT