ADVERTISEMENT

Scruggs visiting Monday...

A lot of smoke that he was committing to Xavier this week. Did you see the Twitter drama over it?
he is going to X after his unofficial to IU. Not on twitter, but most recruiting guru's are saying that his recruitment could end this week.

Or should be
I've heard that Crean very much wants him. Have also heard that IU's coaches aren't as confident with PS as they were even a few months ago, and that some other less desirable doors are beginning to shut for them, too. They aren't panicking, but there may be a realization that their top targets are increasingly more interested in other schools.

I've heard that Crean very much wants him. Have also heard that IU's coaches aren't as confident with PS as they were even a few months ago, and that some other less desirable doors are beginning to shut for them, too. They aren't panicking, but there may be a realization that their top targets are increasingly more interested in other schools.
That's what I'm hearing as well.

PS is likely a Musketeer. Might happen on his visit, but he might take a look at everyone else. IU has shown him everything he needs to know, and it's not gonna be enough.

I'd bet Tucker for 1st IU commit. Tremont Waters might come depending on who commits to Duke / UK; like the kid, just not sure I want another sub-6ft guard again.

Will be interesting to see if UK offers Wilkes before tomorrow. I've heard rumors they might, but they seemed pretty solid on Vanderbilt instead.

PS is likely a Musketeer. Might happen on his visit, but he might take a look at everyone else. IU has shown him everything he needs to know, and it's not gonna be enough.

I'd bet Tucker for 1st IU commit. Tremont Waters might come depending on who commits to Duke / UK; like the kid, just not sure I want another sub-6ft guard again.

Will be interesting to see if UK offers Wilkes before tomorrow. I've heard rumors they might, but they seemed pretty solid on Vanderbilt instead.
I'd rather have a sub 6' true point guard over a combo guard. IU needs a true point guard.

Reactions: stollcpa

The coaches were very confident of PS's commitment in the Spring, but they took their foot off the gas long enough for X to squeeze in there. They've definitely mashed it back down to the floor but, as you said, it may not be enough. Wilkes would probably walk to Lexington if they offered him, even as he knows he's not their top priority.

This is a result of more than a few basketball people who just don't buy what TC is selling.

Scruggs would give Crean's offense a huge lift and create real advantages defensively. TC really wants him.

Waters is quick, but PS has length and physicality Waters doesn't have.

Don't know why people list PS a small a combo guard. He doesn't have an outside shot

Mack is making huge strides in Indy area and kids love him. So we will see
My kid goes to Xavier, and I've had the chance to meet Coach Mack a couple of times. I can easily see why players and their parents love him - he's a genuine guy and Cincinnati is his hometown. He transferred to Xavier after spending 1 year at Evansville, and is deeply connected to the school. Even if X makes a deep run in the NCAA's and he gets big offers, it'll be hard to pull him away from Victory Parkway and the Cintas Center.

So somebody inform me here....are we at the point where it appears all the big time Indiana kids in the '17 class won't be attending IU?

Time to see how he fits with the team...
You nailed the question for both Scruggs and IU. How does he fit in next year.
Is IU going back to a three guard lineup?
Is this JBJ's last year at IU?
Does IU still need more Bigs?

The two years that IU won the BIG featured outstanding centers, shooting, and above average defense.
Assuming this is the last year for Bryant and OG. It seems a must that IU find some more size for next year.

Davis and Morgan are a good start, but Freddie is untested and not really a post.

At guard, I believe that RJ, JBJ, Green, Jones, and Newkirk will all be back for 2017-18 unless bringing in someone better causes Green or Jones to transfer.

Colin is 6'7" and probably leaves this year. Can Scruggs fill that role?
If JBJ is definitely leaving, then I feel Scruggs makes the commitment to IU this week.
Scruggs will obviously get playing time with his talent, the question is can IU afford to use another scholarship on a guard at this time?

The two years that IU won the BIG featured outstanding centers, shooting, and above average defense.
Assuming this is the last year for Bryant and OG. It seems a must that IU find some more size for next year.

Davis and Morgan are a good start, but Freddie is untested and not really a post.

At guard, I believe that RJ, JBJ, Green, Jones, and Newkirk will all be back for 2017-18 unless bringing in someone better causes Green or Jones to transfer.

If JBJ is definitely leaving, then I feel Scruggs makes the commitment to IU this week.
Scruggs will obviously get playing time with his talent, the question is can IU afford to use another scholarship on a guard at this time?

Lol

My kid goes to Xavier, and I've had the chance to meet Coach Mack a couple of times. I can easily see why players and their parents love him - he's a genuine guy and Cincinnati is his hometown. He transferred to Xavier after spending 1 year at Evansville, and is deeply connected to the school. Even if X makes a deep run in the NCAA's and he gets big offers, it'll be hard to pull him away from Victory Parkway and the Cintas Center.
Not having Football doesn't hurt X either.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil

Colin is a senior so he is definitely leaving

So somebody inform me here....are we at the point where it appears all the big time Indiana kids in the '17 class won't be attending IU?
Wouldn't bet the entire farm, but I wouldn't have a problem dropping $50 on that possibility. Not looking good.

Last edited:
Not having Football doesn't hurt X either.
How bad was Xavier football? They were the team that Marshall won its only game the season after the plane crash. I had one longtime Xavier staffer tell me laughingly that hastened the demise of the program; only thing is, I'm not sure he was really kidding.

My favorite Xavier shirt says "Xavier Football " on the front, with "Undefeated since 1973" on the back.

What drug culture, all the kids who has had problems are gone.

He had to kick a lot of his recruits off the team , you know he didn't care until someone almost died. Hanner got what, 2 games?? Pathetic, crean is a total embarrassment to the university

He had to kick a lot of his recruits off the team , you know he didn't care until someone almost died. Hanner got what, 2 games?? Pathetic, crean is a total embarrassment to the university
In fairness, I think Crean always "cared", but he only began to separate players from the team when his boss basically instructed him to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT