ADVERTISEMENT

Scruggs visiting Monday...

lol wait, what? Are we still arguing about winning another B1G title? The tournament takes talent and luck. IU has had the talent but the luck hasn't come through but will in time. This year IU is set to be stocked and ready to make another great run. As long as IU continues to put themselves in this type of position they are indeed going to be considered Elite. I like the depth the coach currently has. We could lose players to the draft and still have a decent team coming back so personally I think IU is playing at an elite level. They just won't be considered elite until time passes and we continue to play at this elite level. During that extended period of time, one would surmise a long tourney run or more would be expected, of course. To keep saying its been 8 years shows everything we need to know about your comments.

Reactions: becauseIknow
lol wait, what? Are we still arguing about winning another B1G title? The tournament takes talent and luck. IU has had the talent but the luck hasn't come through but will in time. This year IU is set to be stocked and ready to make another great run. As long as IU continues to put themselves in this type of position they are indeed going to be considered Elite. I like the depth the coach currently has. We could lose players to the draft and still have a decent team coming back so personally I think IU is playing at an elite level. They just won't be considered elite until time passes and we continue to play at this elite level. During that extended period of time, one would surmise a long tourney run or more would be expected, of course. To keep saying its been 8 years shows everything we need to know about your comments.

in any given year it takes luck but over a career it's more about the system. the best coaches in the country and our league have shown this.

no, we won't be considered elite if we keep doing these same things. lol. achieving elite results regularly is what makes a program elite (conf titles, conf touney titles, and deep ncaa runs). again, the best coaches don't need time to get lucky. they do it often enough to leave no doubt that their stuff is good.

Depends what elite is. Right now we are elite in the Big Ten not there nationally. On the other hand never seen a team elite nationally that wasnt first elite in there own conference. Love where were at and where we are going.

Winning the B1G Regular Season Title should be the first goal, Winning the National Championship should be the team goal for 2016-17.

Depends what elite is. Right now we are elite in the Big Ten not there nationally. On the other hand never seen a team elite nationally that wasnt first elite in there own conference. Love where were at and where we are going.

i see your point but I am trying to think of coaches with the kind of trajectory you hope for. but I can think of coaches who won their conference regularly but couldn't go deep with any consistency in the ncaas. keady and norm stewart from missouri come to mind. both won a lot of games not to get past the E8. granted, the ncaas hadn't exploded in perceived importance yet. both are legends at their schools though neither program has the historical basketball chops of an IU.

hmmm...would IU fan be cool if crean is the next keady?

Reactions: MG80
Is Michigan St. cheating?

You're telling me the Breslin Center is eons above what AH and Cook is?

Why does Izzo come to Indiana so often for elite recruits?

AH is one of the least favorite places for opposing teams to play.

Yet with all IU has going for it, it can't begin to be on the level of Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, et all . . . UNLESS they get a coach that is willing to cheat?

C'mon, knowitall - you're better than that. Seriously . . .

To my knowledge, no. Though they have backed off a bit on some of the types of players they are taking. Breslin isn't that great, but people don't put it up there with the great pyramids either like our fans do with the AH.

Izzo goes to many states for recruits. What a ridiculous comment you make. Why does Crean go to Michigan, or Wisconsin, or Indiana, or Colorado?

AH is one of the least favorite places, especially since Crean got there. It was tough as nails when Bob was there, then it got a little shaky, now it is a great home court advantage again. You could also plop any of 20 other arenas in the same spot and have the same results. I've been to easily 75 college arenas in this country if not 100. Some that aren't used anymore like UNC's Carmichael (the women use it). AH is a fun place, great memories, but we overvalue it based on the some of the results that happened in the building, not on what the building is.

I didn't say IU can't be elite, in fact I gave you a recipe for how, including not cheating. Your reading comprehension could use some improvement. Without cheating takes much longer, and I like the trajectory we are on. I'd remind you that Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, North Carolina have all been busted for serious cheating in the last 20 years. We were on the cusp of the same.

To my knowledge, no. Though they have backed off a bit on some of the types of players they are taking. Breslin isn't that great, but people don't put it up there with the great pyramids either like our fans do with the AH.

Izzo goes to many states for recruits. What a ridiculous comment you make. Why does Crean go to Michigan, or Wisconsin, or Indiana, or Colorado?

AH is one of the least favorite places, especially since Crean got there. It was tough as nails when Bob was there, then it got a little shaky, now it is a great home court advantage again. You could also plop any of 20 other arenas in the same spot and have the same results. I've been to easily 75 college arenas in this country if not 100. Some that aren't used anymore like UNC's Carmichael (the women use it). AH is a fun place, great memories, but we overvalue it based on the some of the results that happened in the building, not on what the building is.

I didn't say IU can't be elite, in fact I gave you a recipe for how, including not cheating. Your reading comprehension could use some improvement. Without cheating takes much longer, and I like the trajectory we are on. I'd remind you that Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, North Carolina have all been busted for serious cheating in the last 20 years. We were on the cusp of the same.
What serious cheating has Kentucky been busted on in the last 2 decades?

Reactions: fpeaugh
What serious cheating has Kentucky been busted on in the last 2 decades?

You are correct and my apologies to you. It has been 23 years since Kentucky basketball was last hit with major infraction penalty.

A few years ago there was an article about the 25 dirtiest programs in college athletics history. UK was ranked 10th at the time. It is one of only 5 schools in history to receive the death penalty. Has had 6 major infractions thus far.

I'd remind you that Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, North Carolina have all been busted for serious cheating in the last 20 years. We were on the cusp of the same.

Asked this one the other day but, surprisingly (not), never got an answer.

You deal in "facts", remember?

The current year is 2016.

Subtract 20 years = 1996.

So, please, tell us of the "serious cheating" UK has been busted on since 1996?

Asked this one the other day but, surprisingly (not), never got an answer.

You deal in "facts", remember?

The current year is 2016.

Subtract 20 years = 1996.

So, please, tell us of the "serious cheating" UK has been busted on since 1996?

I answered it, the other day. So you're either lying or lazy, or both. Care to check again at the response? I'll give you a hint, it is right above your last post in this thread.

I answered it, the other day. So you're either lying or lazy, or both. Care to check again at the response? I'll give you a hint, it is right above your last post in this thread.
And my apologies to you - didn't see a notification of a response.

Just what do you consider "serious"? You think what Kansas basketball got in 2006 was serious?

I don't - and neither did the committee chairman when explaining why Kansas didn't get a post-season ban:

"That is the kind of penalty that would come up with some pretty significant facts," Committee on Infractions chairman Gene Marsh said of a postseason ban, "and that just really wasn't in the mix here, honestly."

That is from an article discussing KU penalties. so, if we're being honest here (like Gene), we'd have to exclude KU, also.

UNC has had sanctions handed down? No?

I'm lazy - so please show us the UCLA mess in the last 20 years they were given a post-season ban on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT