ADVERTISEMENT

Saw 'Deadpool' last night. It was awesome.

Naw, if it comes anywhere close to the source material and from what I heard it does, it should be a pretty good movie. fwiw - I'm not a fan of these types of movies, because most have been horrible but Deadpool wasn't the normal superhero, he was a shit talking douchebag. The most AOTF of superheroes. Imagine Archer in a red and black costume, only much funnier. that's Deadpool. Ryan Reynolds is perfect for that part.

Don't let the C-Money stamp of ineptitude fool you, though it's rare that he picks a good movie, this is probably one of those rare times. I wouldn't see it in a theatre, because theatres suck balls and should be avoided at all cost but this movie is probably worth stealing and watching.

Just too clarify, are you saying that he is basically what C-$ would be if a superhero? Now I really don't want to see it.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
It may well be entertaining, but it's not theatre worthy. It's a stream at home lay on the couch high movie. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily.
Like I just told goat, only one series of movies is, to me, theatre worthy. But it's more sentimentality than anything technical. The rest I always wait for and steal off of bit torrent. Why buy when you can just see it for free a few months later. Deadpool if done correctly should be funny as hell, the comic books were. I'm actually looking forward to seeing it.

Someone tried that once. Mark Cuban?

I think many people still like going out to them. I am certainly not one of them. fwiw - I was turned off by pricing and quit going reserving theatre time only for a very short list of movies. Basically Star Wars.

I was really surprised when I bought Star Wars tickets for 5:95 a piece. Before this last release the last time I was in a theatre was either for Return of the King or Star Wars episode 3.
The last two trips I took to the theater were Episode 7 and ROTK.

But there are a lot of movies I would pay to watch at home when they are fresh, rather than wait four months or download a crappy illegal version.

Just too clarify, are you saying that he is basically what C-$ would be if a superhero? Now I really don't want to see it.
No. C-$ is Barry, not Archer.

Archer though a giant douchebag is actually funny and entertaining.

Reactions: IU_Cramer

But there are a lot of movies I would pay to watch at home when they are fresh, rather than wait four months or download a crappy illegal version.
Yea, Deadpool I would pay a bit for if released at home instead of waiting on a decent DVD or Blu Ray rip. I would probably do that for a lot of movies. As long as it was an acceptable price.

My last two are Shrek 2 (jr's first movie in a theatre) and Star Wars 7.

She looked good back then before she went off the deep end.

I've never been a comic book/superhero fan. Just couldn't get into them. I like the Micheal Keaton/ Jack Nicholson Batman OK. I don't think I have finished a single one since then. I have tried, but usually get pretty bored.

To be honest, I don't have the slightest clue what/who Deadpool is.
That's too bad because Nolan's Dark Knight series is as good as has ever been done as far as superhero movies, IMHO.

That's too bad because Nolan's Dark Knight series is as good as has ever been done as far as superhero movies, IMHO.

I tried watching them, I just can't get into these types of movies.

I think the extended trailer for Batman vs Superman before the Star Wars movie pushed me over the edge.

Unless you like Hollywood special effects, it looks awful.

I actually just started re-watching Archer from the start this week, still in season one. C-$ and Barry are a perfect match. It's almost like the writers have met $.

I'm waiting for the newest season, where every scene is a duplicate of a Magnum PI scene. Sounds horrible..

Archer Vice wasn't great ... it had moments but overall - the previous seasons were better.

I'm waiting for the newest season, where every scene is a duplicate of a Magnum PI scene. Sounds horrible..

Archer Vice wasn't great ... it had moments but overall - the previous seasons were better.

Archer Vice was the weakest season for sure.

Someone tried that once. Mark Cuban?

I think many people still like going out to them. I am certainly not one of them. fwiw - I was turned off by pricing and quit going reserving theatre time only for a very short list of movies. Basically Star Wars.

I was really surprised when I bought Star Wars tickets for 5:95 a piece. Before this last release the last time I was in a theatre was either for Return of the King or Star Wars episode 3.
I'm one of those people that likes going out to a movie. I'm add, so when I'm home I'm on my computer, reading , and doing multiple other things besides concentrating. There are some movies that are ok watched that way, but if it's one I'm interested in , I'm going to the theater. Also, certain movies are made for the big screen, Revenant the most recent.

Naw, if it comes anywhere close to the source material and from what I heard it does, it should be a pretty good movie. fwiw - I'm not a fan of these types of movies, because most have been horrible but Deadpool wasn't the normal superhero, he was a shit talking douchebag. The most AOTF of superheroes. Imagine Archer in a red and black costume, only much funnier. that's Deadpool. Ryan Reynolds is perfect for that part.

Don't let the C-Money stamp of ineptitude fool you, though it's rare that he picks a good movie, this is probably one of those rare times. I wouldn't see it in a theatre, because theatres suck balls and should be avoided at all cost but this movie is probably worth stealing and watching.

You left out the part where I'm always right about movies and never steer you wrong.

God, sometimes, I swear you are on your period.

I tried watching them, I just can't get into these types of movies.

I think the extended trailer for Batman vs Superman before the Star Wars movie pushed me over the edge.

Unless you like Hollywood special effects, it looks awful.
I can't argue that. I don't even know if I'll rent that one. Nolan makes good movies though and they're especially good to see on the big screen.

Please tell me this trailer is just poorly put together and the movie is much better. It basically reinforces exactly what I picture the movie to be:

My coworker just started watching it, see what he thinks. He loves superhero/comic book movies so I expect he will like it.

Last edited:

Have you seen it yet? Let me know when you do, because I want to hear if you think it was funny or not.

I saw it this weekend and thought it was really good. Yes I thought it was funny. Ryan Reynolds is going to make a ton of money as deadpool

Reactions: C-$
I'm just curious.
I've heard that about you.

422f2d53853b397f5185768bf1babd4801ea38e0cfee19d6e86b5278ad6341a4.jpg

Reactions: C-$
Have you seen it yet? Let me know when you do, because I want to hear if you think it was funny or not.
Naw, but I read the comics. They were hilarious. An ex roommate was a huge fan and had every deadpool ever released. He also had all the x-man, and tons of graphic novels. I used to smoke up and go on comic book binges.

Like I said above, Deadpool should be very similar to Archer but more cynical and funnier. If they captured that correctly, it should be a good movie. Just as Archer is not actually a spy show, but instead a show about a douchebag who is a spy, Deadpool is not a "superhero" movie.

I don't pay money to see new movies unless it's something sentimental like Star Wars. I'll see Deadpool once someone does a good DVD or blueray rip.

Also, most people don't get Archer. The few that do, love the show but it takes more than one clip to get all the references. Get me? Deadpool is the same. One clip can't show the ongoing gaglines. Give it a chance, in spite of C-$.

Naw, but I read the comics. They were hilarious. An ex roommate was a huge fan and had every deadpool ever released. He also had all the x-man, and tons of graphic novels. I used to smoke up and go on comic book binges.

Like I said above, Deadpool should be very similar to Archer but more cynical and funnier. If they captured that correctly, it should be a good movie. Just as Archer is not actually a spy show, but instead a show about a douchebag who is a spy, Deadpool is not a "superhero" movie.

I don't pay money to see new movies unless it's something sentimental like Star Wars. I'll see Deadpool once someone does a good DVD or blueray rip.

Also, most people don't get Archer. The few that do, love the show but it takes more than one clip to get all the references. Get me? Deadpool is the same. One clip can't show the ongoing gaglines. Give it a chance, in spite of C-$.

I will be curious to hear what you think.

T.M.P Did you ever catch Frisky Dingo back in the day? It was like the precursor to Archer and a lot of the team behind Archer actually started with Frisky Dingo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT