ADVERTISEMENT

Sampson James transferring.

Coaches and players leaving this program in droves. Not a good look at all. Tom Allen isn’t that good. It’s his coaching staff that led us to 8 wins.

It’s likely because of the Ballou relationship. Still not encouraging with all the staff turnover. I wonder if Allen went ballistic after the bowl game and ruffled feathers?

Why would it be?
Because Ballou and James are tight, Ballou was the biggest reason James came here. Apparently you haven’t been listening, losing Ballou is a huge loss, not only in the weight room, he also provided a recruiting advantage.
As to the rest of your rant, quit being a jackass, coaches and players aren’t leaving in “droves”. One left to be a HC, one left to be a DC, one left to be near his family and our S&C duo left for Alabama and a cutting edge sports science center, all of this “shocking”, not. Ballou leaving is more of a reflection on IU, we don’t even have football only workout facilities or an indoor practice facility that you can punt in without hitting the roof, let alone a sports science center.

This makes no sense at all,it’s not because the S&C coaches are leaving.
You don’t pick a school based on that,that’s silly.

There is something going on inside that program that is making it an easy decision for people to leave. You guys better hope we hire Pat Kraft as the next AD. I am sick and tired of the Glass Admin. The guy stuck us with Allen and Archie long term but hasn’t yet extended Teri Moren. That’s how it is here.

Because Ballou and James are tight, Ballou was the biggest reason James came here. Apparently you haven’t been listening, losing Ballou is a huge loss, not only in the weight room, he also provided a recruiting advantage.
As to the rest of your rant, quit being a jackass, coaches and players aren’t leaving in “droves”. One left to be a HC, one left to be a DC, one left to be near his family and our S&C duo left for Alabama and a cutting edge sports science center, all of this “shocking”, not. Ballou leaving is more of a reflection on IU, we don’t even have football only workout facilities or an indoor practice facility that you can punt in without hitting the roof, let alone a sports science center.

Because our AD is an incompetent fool.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
We do have a sports science research area in the SEZ. With that said, yes, I’m sure Bama’s will be something crazy.

There is something going on inside that program that is making it an easy decision for people to leave. You guys better hope we hire Pat Kraft as the next AD. I am sick and tired of the Glass Admin. The guy stuck us with Allen and Archie long term but hasn’t yet extended Teri Moren. That’s how it is here.

Whoa there....Teri Moren is the women’s b-ball coach. Big difference vs the two revenue generating cash cows of the entire athletic department.
She probably will get extended but those type of moves don’t get the eyeballs as much as the other two.

Weren’t you saying just yesterday to “ride it out with Archie?” I like Allen’s progress. There is progress there.
Archie is a different story altogether. If people point to Allen’s lack of experience, then Archie is drowning in spite of his resume. That is concerning.

However, I’m all in on Dr. Pat Kraft. That would be a home run hire and we could put the “never played a sport” scenario to rest!

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Whoa there....Teri Moren is the women’s b-ball coach. Big difference vs the two revenue generating cash cows of the entire athletic department.
She probably will get extended but those type of moves don’t get the eyeballs as much as the other two.

Weren’t you saying just yesterday to “ride it out with Archie?” I like Allen’s progress. There is progress there.
Archie is a different story altogether. If people point to Allen’s lack of experience, then Archie is drowning in spite of his resume. That is concerning.

However, I’m all in on Dr. Pat Kraft. That would be a home run hire and we could put the “never played a sport” scenario to rest!

I don’t mind Archie. I just hate that we are basically “stuck with him.” Allen could go 2-10 the next two seasons and we’d have to give him year 3. Fred is such a fool.

He extended Moren’s contract a year or two ago

I asked it as a question. I have no inside info--maybe he saw Baldwin as too tuff of competition?? Grades?? He'll lose a yr. if he transfer to another D1 unless IU gives him a release
Evidently Ballou was at Avon HS when James was there?

I sarcastically speculated that James would go to Alabama, now I'm not so sure he won't. Ballou might have recommended him to Saban.

I guess crazier things have happened.

I don’t mind Archie. I just hate that we are basically “stuck with him.” Allen could go 2-10 the next two seasons and we’d have to give him year 3. Fred is such a fool.

Most coaching hires are gambles. You don’t know if the fit is there, the chemistry, etc. We really aren’t “stuck with” anybody. Buyouts can happen and we have the resources to do it. It’s not about money. I personally think Glass may see the writing on the wall with Archie and bailed before it gets ugly as this would be like his 3rd major hire he’s had to deal with under pressure.

I sarcastically speculated that James would go to Alabama, now I'm not so sure he won't. Ballou might have recommended him to Saban.

That would be tampering. It would be career suicide if both end up at Alabama. Something happened. Not sure what.

interesting move if he is following Ballou to Bama. They have multiple highly rated RB's already there and in the upcoming class. I would think that's a reach to go there to get more playing time...if that in fact is the assumption.

No, but both his older brothers were at Avon with him, so he most definitely knew him before he got here.

He was without a doubt a big reason for coming here.

Coaches and players leaving this program in droves. Not a good look at all. Tom Allen isn’t that good. It’s his coaching staff that led us to 8 wins.
We should have a Hall of Fame for stupid posts. This one would be a lock. It’s mind-bogglingly stupid.

Just a couple of questions. Who put together the coaching staff? And who signed off on all of the recruits. And who put together the culture that all of these recruits are buying into?

We should have a Hall of Fame for stupid posts. This one would be a lock. It’s mind-bogglingly stupid.

Just a couple of questions. Who put together the coaching staff? And who signed off on all of the recruits. And who put together the culture that all of these recruits are buying into?
He'd have a wing of his own.

Dave was the reason James came here. And he's the reason he's leaving. They have been close for a long time. Don't be surprised to see James at Bama.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT