ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Money

HFG (Hoosiers ForGood) is one of two NIL collectives for IU and they launched in March 2022. For that year, they report $4 million in NIL funds. The other collective is Hoosier Connect.
IU had an anonymous donor match contributions up to $1 million each year in 2022 and 2023.

My guess is our collectives are in the $6-8 million range right now.
They don’t report all these donations widely, so it’s hard to get a true figure.
The “sugar daddy” donor for the University of Miami, John Ruiz, originally announced in 2021 that he was going to donate north of $50 million for the school NIL before the feds began investigating his insurance company and he faced charges of not paying the companies he acquired.
Don't forget the Cringe Brothers. They do a pretty good job of hitting up the $100 guy.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Don't forget the Cringe Brothers. They do a pretty good job of hitting up the $100 guy.
Cav said the Cringe Bros gave $700K. I think that was for bball this year, unsure what they do per year historically and the BBall/FB split.

Like Courtsense said they shake down the Peegsters pretty well it appears.

That is the only data point I’ve heard from them. As I and others point out they have not disclosed their basic annual fundraising and total deals as their website promises. That is not good, there is a reason they aren’t disclosing anything. I hope Dolson & Co are requiring some basic audits given how unfortunately close IU is to them. They do enough reputation damage already and any financial funny business would not look good for IU.

M
Cav said the Cringe Bros gave $700K. I think that was for bball this year, unsure what they do per year historically and the BBall/FB split.

Like Courtsense said they shake down the Peegsters pretty well it appears.

That is the only data point I’ve heard from them. As I and others point out they have not disclosed their basic annual fundraising and total deals as their website promises. That is not good, there is a reason they aren’t disclosing anything. I hope Dolson & Co are requiring some basic audits given how unfortunately close IU is to them. They do enough reputation damage already and any financial funny business would not look good for IU.
They Gave $700k in 2023. It appears they raised around $1.5M+ in 2023. Plus they state that “some” large donors have asked that their donations not be included in their totals. Their Hoosier Hysterics podcast is outstanding

M

They Gave $700k in 2023. It appears they raised around $1.5M+ in 2023. Plus they state that “some” large donors have asked that their donations not be included in their totals. Their Hoosier Hysterics podcast is outstanding
Outstanding? 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT