ADVERTISEMENT

Russian Hackers are already working on vulnerable Mid-Term Dems

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russi...ulnerable-democratic-senator?via=twitter_page

This is absolutely unacceptable. Trump has done NOTHING to strengthen our election cyber-security. I'm sure Republicans are all fine and dandy with this...until German hackers start working on vulnerable Republicans.

This has to be stopped.
Who - meaning what part of government if any - is responsible for conducting elections and security associated with elections? The President? Other than having established the dates of General Elections, what is the federal government's involvement in elections? You should learn about these matters before blaming imagined failure on some parties.

Who - meaning what part of government if any - is responsible for conducting elections and security associated with elections? The President? Other than having established the dates of General Elections, what is the federal government's involvement in elections? You should learn about these matters before blaming imagined failure on some parties.
What part of our government is responsible for our national defense against foreign enemies? (Hint: the one headed by a Russian stooge.)

What part of our government is responsible for our national defense against foreign enemies? (Hint: the one headed by a Russian stooge.)
No one needs your hints here, Rook. The federal government does not run elections and your hero hoops evidently thinks the federal government does. Perhaps you know better but do nothing to correct your buddy's erroneous posts and never have.

Last edited:
No one needs your hints here, Rook. The federal government does not run elections and your hero hoops evidently thinks the federal government does. Perhaps you know better but do nothing to correct your buddy's erroneous posts and never have.
Serious question: do you not believe that cyberattacks on our election systems and integrity is an attack on our national security? Because if you don’t, you’re a lousy American. And if you do, then you further dispute that the commander in Chief is not responsible for our national security?

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious question: do you not believe that cyberattacks on our election systems and integrity is an attack on our national security? Because if you don’t, you’re a lousy American. And if you do, then you further dispute that the commander in Chief is not responsible for outbound national security?

It’s not a problem...if it helps his team win

Reactions: sglowrider
This is incorrect. Trump already said the Russians are helping the dems

They target and have been targeting far left and far right. It's just that the far left in this country isn't as gullible and tend to be younger people who are a bit more savvy using and understanding the internet.

Reactions: sglowrider
What part of the federal government is responsible for regulating the facilities of interstate commerce, you know, things like U.S.mail, telephone systems, interstate power lines, satellite communications, internet service, etc.? That's what the Russians are hacking.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russi...ulnerable-democratic-senator?via=twitter_page

This is absolutely unacceptable. Trump has done NOTHING to strengthen our election cyber-security. I'm sure Republicans are all fine and dandy with this...until German hackers start working on vulnerable Republicans.

This has to be stopped.

hackers are never going to stop hacking, and other govts will never quit influencing others they wish to influence, any more than the USA will ever quit hacking or influencing everyone else, including our so called allies.

spying and influencing became so much easier when you can do it from your own place.

the good news for Phillip and Elizabeth, is that they can now get more intel on us from Moscow, than they could while in DC.

govts can never talk other govts out of spying or influencing, and never could.

that said, when the spying consists of obtaining and spilling dirt that needs spilled, are they doing harm or a public good. (a question which goes for our internal spies/whistle blowers as well).

if politicians don't want their misconduct revealed, then don't do the misconduct in the first place.

and the US citizenry will need to up their game as to their own BS meter, and not let partisanship blind them on sorting truth from fiction.

this will never stop. NEVER!

so the best plan going forward in an internet world, is learning how best to identify, expose, and cope, with it.

Has Hillary turned over all of her emails yet?
Good question and one more I’d like to add:

Why didn’t the DNC allow the FBI direct access to their “hacked servers”? Or, according to the DNC, why didn’t the FBI ask for access? This is laughable! If my house is broke into, I call the police and I don’t wait for the police to ask permission to enter. By the way, isn’t this the most important piece in the entire puzzle? What a crock.

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/fbi-says-democratic-party-wouldnt-let-agents-see-hacked-email-servers/

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
I’m disappointed in the pubs on the cooler today. It took until this post to see the words “Hillary” & “emails”.

You guys are slippin’.
Yeah, America is still waiting. Also, still waiting on access to those hacked servers. But, Hillary will probably be our next President, so I’m sure she’ll come clean at that point. :rolleyes:

Why didn’t the DNC allow the FBI direct access to their “hacked servers”? Or, according to the DNC, why didn’t the FBI ask for access? This is laughable! If my house is broke into, I call the police and I don’t wait for the police to ask permission to enter. By the way, isn’t this the most important piece in the entire puzzle? What a crock.

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/fbi-says-democratic-party-wouldnt-let-agents-see-hacked-email-servers/
Good analogy and if indeed your house is broken into, do you let the cops inspect one room this week, another room next week and maybe let them peek into the bathroom the following week?

Yeah, America is still waiting. Also, still waiting on access to those hacked servers. But, Hillary will probably be our next President, so I’m sure she’ll come clean at that point. :rolleyes:

Give it up man. She’s toast. The Dems have moved on. But you guys apparently cannot. Even the House pubs have moved on- and they beat chit to death, without any results (Benghazi!).

And, I can promise you that she won’t run again. There’s no way in hades the Dems will back her again.

Why the continued obsession w/Hillary and her emails? This is a thread about Russian interference, and don’t you think that the Russians hacked her server, they would’ve released the emails?

In other words, why the hell is the focus on the right about Hillary’s emails, and not what to do moving forward to stop continued interference? Seriously, it’s pathetic at this point. Let it go. She lost. Where does the need to keep attacking her come from?

Also, re: the DNC server (cant tell what right wing taking point you’re referencing): the FBI got a byte for byte digital copy of the servers. Which is better than anything else. In order to examine a server forensically, it’s not necessary (or recommended) to have physical possession of the servers. For a variety of reasons, the digital byte for byte is better.

Give it up man. She’s toast. The Dems have moved on. But you guys apparently cannot. Even the House pubs have moved on- and they beat chit to death, without any results (Benghazi!).

And, I can promise you that she won’t run again. There’s no way in hades the Dems will back her again.

Why the continued obsession w/Hillary and her emails? This is a thread about Russian interference, and don’t you think that the Russians hacked her server, they would’ve released the emails?

In other words, why the hell is the focus on the right about Hillary’s emails, and not what to do moving forward to stop continued interference? Seriously, it’s pathetic at this point. Let it go. She lost. Where does the need to keep attacking her come from?

Also, re: the DNC server (cant tell what right wing taking point you’re referencing): the FBI got a byte for byte digital copy of the servers. Which is better than anything else. In order to examine a server forensically, it’s not necessary (or recommended) to have physical possession of the servers. For a variety of reasons, the digital byte for byte is better.
2eu5rz.jpg

Because she hasn't fessed up yet.

Um, she has admitted that she absolutely screwed up over the emails. She cleared any prosecution from the government. And, most important of all, she lost an election to the most comically unfit, deceitful major party candidate to ever run for the office.

I’d say that’s enough. Her lifelong dream was to be president. And that’s never going to happen.

You guys are obsessed. And it not even funny anymore. It’s SAD!

I’m disappointed in the pubs on the cooler today. It took until this post to see the words “Hillary” & “emails”.

You guys are slippin’.
Wonder why we haven’t seen any of the Trump campaign emails? I’m sure there’s nothing there. Wonder why we haven’t seen his tax returns? Sure there is nothing there. You make yourself look really silly talking about Hillary’s email that has been investigated for two years. Sounds like you’re just trying to change the subject from Trump’s obvious obstruction, collusion, bribes, ( 3 more women), money laundering, being a Putin puppet, and making money off the presidency. But her emails!!

hackers are never going to stop hacking, and other govts will never quit influencing others they wish to influence, any more than the USA will ever quit hacking or influencing everyone else, including our so called allies.

spying and influencing became so much easier when you can do it from your own place.

the good news for Phillip and Elizabeth, is that they can now get more intel on us from Moscow, than they could while in DC.

that said, when the spying consists of obtaining and spilling dirt that needs spilled, are they doing harm or a public good. (a question which goes for our internal spies/whistle blowers as well).

if politicians don't want their misconduct revealed, then don't do the misconduct in the first place.

and the US citizenry will need to up their game as to their own BS meter, and not let partisanship blind them on sorting truth from fiction.

so the best plan going forward in an internet world, is learning how best to identify, expose, and cope, with it.

You want to see REAL Chaos? Show the citizenry ALL the real dirt (that is perceived "against" their side, at any time). #BOOOOM

Would you please stop. It’s not possible to hack our election process.

One of the rare times I’ve agreed with O...

Hasn't happened, sure. Anyone saying "it's not possible" has no idea how computer security works. There is a documentary "Zero Days" on the Stuxnet virus that we infected the Iranians with. It is incredible how advanced viruses can be.

Best guess, the DNC had bad backups and losing the server would have had them dead in the water for a time.

There's a lot of truth there. I'll agree completely that it will never stop and it's runs both ways. There's no doubt in my mind that the US tries to influence some foreign elections and will continue to do so.

Hasn't happened, sure. Anyone saying "it's not possible" has no idea how computer security works. There is a documentary "Zero Days" on the Stuxnet virus that we infected the Iranians with. It is incredible how advanced viruses can be.
So true.. Apple said their iPhone security couldn't be broken but we know better now.

Serious question: do you not believe that cyberattacks on our election systems and integrity is an attack on our national security? Because if you don’t, you’re a lousy American. And if you do, then you further dispute that the commander in Chief is not responsible for our national security?
They are attempts but each jurisdiction must be individually attacked and pierced - they aren't connected or linked to anything so its virtually impossible to threaten the integrity of the vote nor of vote tabulations. Idiots can try, but no one has ever said that there is there slightest evidence that anyone (perhaps other than the Democratic Party) has breached the system and manipulated votes or vote counts. There are wack jobs, like posters here in a couple cases who think Russians or Chinese broke in to our system and change millions of votes thus electing Trump. That's utter crap and they should know it.
Um, she has admitted that she absolutely screwed up over the emails. She cleared any prosecution from the government. And, most important of all, she lost an election to the most comically unfit, deceitful major party candidate to ever run for the office.

I’d say that’s enough. Her lifelong dream was to be president. And that’s never going to happen.

You guys are obsessed. And it not even funny anymore. It’s SAD!
Has she plead guilty to about 130 counts of violation of the espionage act? Then its not over.

Has she plead guilty to about 130 counts of violation of the espionage act? Then its not over.
BINGO. Plus it is flat-out impossible for the Sec of State to conduct all official business on a private server - for four years - without discussing classified information. Good grief, routine daily communications from a person in that position have at least the minimum security classification "Confidential".

They are attempts but each jurisdiction must be individually attacked and pierced - they aren't connected or linked to anything so its virtually impossible to threaten the integrity of the vote nor of vote tabulations. Idiots can try, but no one has ever said that there is there slightest evidence that anyone (perhaps other than the Democratic Party) has breached the system and manipulated votes or vote counts. There are wack jobs, like posters here in a couple cases who think Russians or Chinese broke in to our system and change millions of votes thus electing Trump. That's utter crap and they should know it.

You didn’t answer my question

Ladoga barely believes in the general idea of a federal govt at all.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
then you further dispute that the commander in Chief is not responsible for our national security?
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know how everything works as far as our election system but isn't the state responsible for the security of their voting system? No matter if they are I think the federal government should do everything in their power to make it a fair election. That's one reason I was surprised to read that Obama knew about the hacking at the DNC and from what I've read didn't do much about it. Where do you think the system is most vulnerable? The electronic voting machines are not on-line are they? I'm sure each state has their own requirements but I've always wondered if the system (computer) that tabulates the votes is on-line... if so that is a vulnerable area.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT