ADVERTISEMENT

Russia-Ukraine war has begun

By golly they've finally broke into the Napalm vault!! *** Edit, I guess its Thermite not Napalm.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: DANC
I think the battle in Kursk is about to slide into inactivity
I think the entire endeavor is to seize some Russian territory and hold it for future negotiations.

In that respect, they've succeeded. If they can get permission to use NATO weaponry for an attack further north, you're going to see all kinds of activity. But I believe our Administration is in a holding pattern until after the election.

I've been to Vladivostok. That was 1996 and they hadn't recovered from the fall of the Soviet Union. They painted the sides of their Navy ships you could see from pier side, but the other sides weren't maintained, and they looked like rust buckets.

Beautiful women there, by the way. Exotic mix of Asian and European.

No truly threatening major power is going to invade Russia to try and seize territory. If the Chinese invade, they are highly likely to receive a nuclear retaliation. They aren't going to risk that right now.

I keep thinking China is a long way from Mao. When warned the US would nuke China should our army face annihilation, Mao said that we could just nuke a few cities and that wouldn't stop China. Of course Russia has many, many more nukes than 1950s America.

No truly threatening major power is going to invade Russia to try and seize territory. If the Chinese invade, they are highly likely to receive a nuclear retaliation. They aren't going to risk that right now.
Putin made comments earlier about his pacific fleet armed with nukes….it was really meant for Beijing, not the west

I think we (collectively, the world) need to have a discussion about drones. Below video is graphic at the end, so forewarned:

This just feels off to me. Unarmed, running away, I guess we will drop bombs on locations where people aren't actively fighting but this just feels icky to me. Currently these drones are controlled by people who technically have a decision to pull the trigger or not but that goes away if/when these things are autonomous and have AI programming to tell them what is a "legitimate" target.

I don't know, am I off for feeling like some of this drone stuff is problematic?

I think we (collectively, the world) need to have a discussion about drones. Below video is graphic at the end, so forewarned:

This just feels off to me. Unarmed, running away, I guess we will drop bombs on locations where people aren't actively fighting but this just feels icky to me. Currently these drones are controlled by people who technically have a decision to pull the trigger or not but that goes away if/when these things are autonomous and have AI programming to tell them what is a "legitimate" target.

I don't know, am I off for feeling like some of this drone stuff is problematic?
? That enemy is dropping glide bombs on Ukraine schools, Hospitals and in the middle of known civilian cities 150 miles behind the front lines. If those where your kids, would it help you feel any better about unaliving all of the enemy doing that, in any way possible?

? That enemy is dropping glide bombs on Ukraine schools, Hospitals and in the middle of known civilian cities 150 miles behind the front lines. If those where your kids, would it help you feel any better about unaliving all of the enemy doing that, in any way possible?
Yeah, that isn't good either. I am saying that things going on here may have repercussions down the line. Simple question, would you want autonomous thinking versions of that drone flying around behind the front lines using an algorithm to pick its targets? That is where this is heading, I think there is a conversation to be had there no matter how horrible the Russians are behaving.

Reactions: Spartans9312

War is ugly. There are a lot worse things going on. Let's see the aftermath of the bombing of apartment buildings.

It's one thing if the guy was surrending, but he wasn't - he was running away, possibly to fight another day.

I am confused - did he have the drone in his hands? Why did he keep running with it in his hands? Or am I mistaken that he had the thing in his hands? I'd have hurled that thing as far away as I could.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Yeah, that isn't good either. I am saying that things going on here may have repercussions down the line. Simple question, would you want autonomous thinking versions of that drone flying around behind the front lines using an algorithm to pick its targets? That is where this is heading, I think there is a conversation to be had there no matter how horrible the Russians are behaving.
Oh I agree, that is some scary shiot, but I think that bridge has already been crossed. On one hand "It's never a war crime the first time", on the other, Russia has proven that they couldn't give 2 sitz about the Geneva convention. Hell the ICC has arrest warrants out on Putin, of which Macedonia ( I believe it was 2 weeks ago) singed onto. Well ole Puty visited there 2 weeks ago and they had a freakin parade (so to speak) for him and let him go back to ruzka. I digress.
Yes it's scary, but I think we are already there.

There's no indication these drones are controlled by AI, but it's probably coming.

I don't know what can be done about it. No one is going to sign a treaty on these things, knowing any terrorist can put together a drone with a bomb on it.

War is ugly. There are a lot worse things going on. Let's see the aftermath of the bombing of apartment buildings.

It's one thing if the guy was surrending, but he wasn't - he was running away, possible to fight another day.

I am confused - did he have the drone in his hands? Why did he keep running with it in his hands? Or am I mistaken that he had the thing in his hands? I'd have hurled that thing as far away as I could.
He caught the drone, kept running. Reports are that UAF have "thousands" of drones in the area at all times (per Russian POW interviews). It appears that as he was looking for other hazards, he fumbled the ball and went katsup.
OH, you can't physically throw them farther than the blast and shrapnel radius. He was about to check out no matter what he did.

He caught the drone, kept running. Reports are that UAF have "thousands" of drones in the area at all times (per Russian POW interviews). It appears that as he was looking for other hazards, he fumbled the ball and went katsup.
OH, you can't physically throw them farther than the blast and shrapnel radius. He was about to check out no matter what he did.
He ran with it for a while. I'd have hurled the thing as far as I could and hit the deck - much better chance of surviving than HOLDING THE FVCKING THING IN YOUR HAND. lol

• Haha
He ran with it for a while. I'd have hurled the thing as far as I could and hit the deck - much better chance of surviving than HOLDING THE FVCKING THING IN YOUR HAND. lol
Fog of war I suppose.

This got me to thinking. Considering today's (awesome) drone "firework" shows, ultra fast Sensor technology that we have developed via self driving cars (among many other industrial applications) everything needed for drone swarms are already here. To add to that, all of it is already public available, not just the MIC. Pre-program a flight path, hell it could even be GPS guided, to an area. Kick on the sensors to detect a certain shape (human body), dbl hell it could even be facial recognition (for those "EFF you in particular" scenarios). Then "aggravate" a little chunk of reactive play dough loaded with tiny metal balls. ...... Just when you consider things are bad, "Then it got a lot worse".

Interesting interview and discussion about the situation Putin faces. It's a couple weeks old, but some interesting perspectives. If you've got 23 minutes to kill, it's a good listen.

This got me to thinking. Considering today's (awesome) drone "firework" shows, ultra fast Sensor technology that we have developed via self driving cars (among many other industrial applications) everything needed for drone swarms are already here. To add to that, all of it is already public available, not just the MIC. Pre-program a flight path, hell it could even be GPS guided, to an area. Kick on the sensors to detect a certain shape (human body), dbl hell it could even be facial recognition (for those "EFF you in particular" scenarios). Then "aggravate" a little chunk of reactive play dough loaded with tiny metal balls. ...... Just when you consider things are bad, "Then it got a lot worse".
I won't go into detail but even these things in their current form as a terrorist weapon is chilling. Things are happening in Ukraine that have repercussions far beyond its borders.

I won't go into detail but even these things in their current form as a terrorist weapon is chilling. Things are happening in Ukraine that have repercussions far beyond its borders.
I think, clearly, the US is using the Ukraine war as an experimental base for fighting future land wars against major powers.

As disconcerting as it is, we are getting some kind of bang for our buck (pun intended) for all the money we're spending there.

I think, clearly, the US is using the Ukraine war as an experimental base for fighting future land wars against major powers.

As disconcerting as it is, we are getting some kind of bang for our buck (pun intended) for all the money we're spending there.
Oh I know. I don't have an issue hitting the Russians. I think we need to be careful with how far we let it expand with our equipment though.

This is more just a thought exercise of that Russian guy in the video being in a real life Terminator horror movie and what that means for the future.

Oh I know. I don't have an issue hitting the Russians. I think we need to be careful with how far we let it expand with our equipment though.

This is more just a thought exercise of that Russian guy in the video being in a real life Terminator horror movie and what that means for the future.
I thoroughly appreciated some of the Euro countries who said. Once we transfer weapons to Ukraine, they are not our anymore, They have a right to defend themselves how they see fit.

Evidently it's common.

This guy's ancestor must have been Rasputin.

Wow, Russians are losing 1,000 per day in casualties (KIA and wounded) in advancing on Pokrovsk.

Interesting thoughts on Ukrainian politics, too. Evidently Zelensky will hold elections next year.

Wow, Russians are losing 1,000 per day in casualties (KIA and wounded) in advancing on Pokrovsk.

Interesting thoughts on Ukrainian politics, too. Evidently Zelensky will hold elections next year.

Apparently you are not following as much as I do. It's been hovering between 1150 - 1350 for the better part of 3+ months (going from memory not data). I think it's only been below 1000 once or twice in that time frame, or maybe even longer. It was 1370 a few days ago.
The next odd thing is tanks and APV's. Those #'s which were in ~30's and ~60's (respectively) are WAY down. Zero tanks yesterday and 1 APV. Some of the tanks and artillery that have been killed in the last few months are 1950 /60 vintage.
Russia also just got a new big shipment of North Korea Ballistic missiles. Apparently the orcs decided to store a large amount of them all in the same spot, in some city that starts with K and ends in sky and UAF Droned the hell out of them. There were secondary explosions 12-14 hours after the drone strike. They were evacuating the whole damn town. Knowing the orcs, they were probably standing 20 miles away, holding up signs that say GET OUT NOW. :)

Apparently you are not following as much as I do. It's been hovering between 1150 - 1350 for the better part of 3+ months (going from memory not data). I think it's only been below 1000 once or twice in that time frame, or maybe even longer. It was 1370 a few days ago.
The next odd thing is tanks and APV's. Those #'s which were in ~30's and ~60's (respectively) are WAY down. Zero tanks yesterday and 1 APV. Some of the tanks and artillery that have been killed in the last few months are 1950 /60 vintage.
Russia also just got a new big shipment of North Korea Ballistic missiles. Apparently the orcs decided to store a large amount of them all in the same spot, in some city that starts with K and ends in sky and UAF Droned the hell out of them. There were secondary explosions 12-14 hours after the drone strike. They were evacuating the whole damn town. Knowing the orcs, they were probably standing 20 miles away, holding up signs that say GET OUT NOW. :)
I think he was just talking about casualites in the Prokovsk battle.

Hey Coach @mcmurtry66 , I was watching this compilation of Bradley's destroying things and it reminded me of Cray. I miss Cray, go find him. He must be wandering, all alone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT