ADVERTISEMENT

Russia-Ukraine war has begun

Looks like it might have been real. There's video of explosions and evidence of fires outside a town called Sudzha, as well as claims that some Russian soldiers were captures, and that Russia has already pushed the Ukrainians back across the border. Probably a diversionary tactic.
Wow. That's pretty ballsy, even as a diversion. I'm sure they didn't think they would be there long, but I'm still surprised they could conduct a raid like this.

Can't be good for Russian morale.

Wow. That's pretty ballsy, even as a diversion. I'm sure they didn't think they would be there long, but I'm still surprised they could conduct a raid like this.

Can't be good for Russian morale.
If they took some Anti Aircraft systems and 200-300 drones AND randomly started killing civilians like Russia is doing. They could stay a long time. But they aren't doing that last one.

I haven’t been keeping up on this. Has Ukraine ever attempted to take back Crimea in this war?
It was speculated that last summers offensive was intended to work toward that goal. The orcx were given so much time to dig in around some little town, can't recall the name (probably couldn't spell it is I I did remember), that UF were not able to break through. The offensive was canceled and a General fired, as I recall.

I haven’t been keeping up on this. Has Ukraine ever attempted to take back Crimea in this war?

I haven’t kept up either but I don’t believe so. It has attacked some military installations in or off Crimea, but I don’t think there have been any offensives into it. This is straight into Russia.

So embarrassing for Vlad.

Reactions: DANC
I haven’t kept up either but I don’t believe so. It has attacked some military installations in or off Crimea, but I don’t think there have been any offensives into it. This is straight into Russia.

So embarrassing for Vlad.
I'm no military expert, but I think actually attempting a physical invasion into Crimea would be very operationally difficult and likely extremely costly. Incursions into Kursk allow Ukraine some morale-boosting victories at a much smaller cost.

I'm no military expert, but I think actually attempting a physical invasion into Crimea would be very operationally difficult and likely extremely costly. Incursions into Kursk allow Ukraine some morale-boosting victories at a much smaller cost.
They also draw troops from areas the Ukrainians would be more interested in holding long term.

They also draw troops from areas the Ukrainians would be more interested in holding long term.
That's key - the Russians are going to have to pull forces from somewhere. Total embarrassment for Putin - the Ukes must have been able to spot this weak point and exploited it.

Who knows - maybe the F-16s are being put to good use.

Like this ISW Map … Inset shows the location NW of Kharkiv.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-august-7-2024

Ukrainian armored vehicles have advanced to positions along the 38K-030 route about 10 kilometers from the international border.[1] The current confirmed extent and location of Ukrainian advances in Kursk Oblast indicate that Ukrainian forces have penetrated at least two Russian defensive lines and a stronghold.[2] A Russian insider source claimed that Ukrainian forces have seized 45 square kilometers of territory within Kursk Oblast since they launched the operation on August 6.

UAF%20Kursk%20Incursion%20August%207%2C%202024.png

That's key - the Russians are going to have to pull forces from somewhere. Total embarrassment for Putin - the Ukes must have been able to spot this weak point and exploited it.

Who knows - maybe the F-16s are being put to good use.
I can’t imagine that we’ve suddenly allowed the 16’s to be used like that.
But hope is a good thing Red.

I guess I'm shocked natural gas is still flowing from Russia to Ukraine....

This entire Ukrainian foray into Russia is bizarre. I love it. I'm wondering if some Russian commander just said **** it and let them in? I saw some chatter on X about the local Duma prohibiting communications devices in the area before the incursion - like there was some help from the locals to make Ukrainian electronic jamming more effective before they went in. Also saw that Ukraine drenched the area in drones. Maybe that panicked the locals?

I hope some US media picks this up and starts giving some details. The Ukrainians don't seem to be blowing their own horn yet.

Reactions: 76-1
I guess I'm shocked natural gas is still flowing from Russia to Ukraine....

This entire Ukrainian foray into Russia is bizarre. I love it. I'm wondering if some Russian commander just said **** it and let them in? I saw some chatter on X about the local Duma prohibiting communications devices in the area before the incursion - like there was some help from the locals to make Ukrainian electronic jamming more effective before they went in. Also saw that Ukraine drenched the area in drones. Maybe that panicked the locals?

I hope some US media picks this up and starts giving some details. The Ukrainians don't seem to be blowing their own horn yet.
There is a lot (hahaha) there in your post to absorb. All seems ti be exactly what I am seeing in other places.
Gas - EU is still buying gas from the orcx... GD !!! I hate people who talk and act out of both sides of their mouths, which includes ever FVCKING politician.
The AFU total shut down of com's for opsec is........ BRILLIANT.. I can only imagine that the Pentagon is actively coaching (I want to tag Bing but I can't fing him via the tag??? WTF? Is he gone? ) .
I'd love to see AFU control that Nuclear PP and also swipe around to the south east to hit Kursk from 3 sides...
DAMN, that entry point where they crossed the boarder sure seems pretty narrow... I'm thinking that needs to be a bit wider to stop a choke point for any needed "reverse attack activity".
It seems that this new front has taken just about everyone by surprise. I did see that some big time orcx (general maybe) was alerted to a build up 2 weeks ago. He shrugged it off as "don't spread fear or misinformation". He fell out of a 4th story window next Sunday or Monday, they haven't decided yet. :)

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and 76-1
Russian Gen. Gerasimov, command over the Kyrsk region, is reported to have accidentally fallen out of a window, next Sunday or Monday some time.

• Haha
Reactions: All4You
It looks like the AFU are tooling up to stay in the newest part of their country for a bit.

I'm just gobsmacked they are moving in with that kind of manpower and firepower. The new head of the military who took over last winter must be a bad ass.

It's a huge gamble, but Putin can't let this go on very long. The Russians have to bring troops off the line to counter this, I would think. I know they have reserves, but they would be chewed up by experienced Ukrainian troops.

Remember when Pregozhin and the Wagner group was headed up the road toward Moscow with little resistance? This kind of reminds me of that. It's like Russia has no regular military inside the country - they must all be in Ukraine, with National Guard-type and local militia inside Russia.

Just amazing, really. My admiration for the Ukraine military is off the charts.

Ukrainians aren't Georgians. They are more than pissed and have the West behind them.

Could be the beginning of the end.
The Russians paid a very heavy price militarily and these Ukraine offensives won’t really do much to displace Moscow but will continue to siphon away resources

• Love
The Russians paid a very heavy price militarily and these Ukraine offensives won’t really do much to displace Moscow but will continue to siphon away resources
I wish I knew more about the Ukraine-Belorus dynamic. I find it interesting that, evidently, Putin can't bully Belorus into contributing troops and access for Russian troops to attack from their territory.

I wonder if a country like Poland is telling them to stay the hell out or they'll also intervene. I know the Poles are itching to get into the fight.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I wish I knew more about the Ukraine-Belorus dynamic. I find it interesting that, evidently, Putin can't bully Belorus into contributing troops and access for Russian troops to attack from their territory.

I wonder if a country like Poland is telling them to stay the hell out or they'll also intervene. I know the Poles are itching to get into the fight.
Not sure but this conflict pretty much ended Russia’s threat to NATO for many decades

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT