ADVERTISEMENT

Russia-Ukraine war has begun

Nice win for Paul Manafort and Roger Stone who were the attorneys for the old regime in Ukraine. I'm sure Paul and Roger will be amply rewarded for creating the false narratives that have American's not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground anymore. And a special thanks to MTG for her dogged efforts to take down a burgeoning democracy.
It's not MTG or the Congress who would cause Ukraine to lose the war. Congress has given everything Biden has asked for. Yes, it was late this time, but it's not like Ukraine ran out of arms - they were still getting them from Europe, and it was only a few months of delays from us.

The blame should be put on Biden, who has given Ukraine just enough arms to not actually win. Good defense, but Biden has drug his feet on approving advanced weapons for Ukraine.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
It's not MTG or the Congress who would cause Ukraine to lose the war. Congress has given everything Biden has asked for. Yes, it was late this time, but it's not like Ukraine ran out of arms - they were still getting them from Europe, and it was only a few months of delays from us.

The blame should be put on Biden, who has given Ukraine just enough arms to not actually win. Good defense, but Biden has drug his feet on approving advanced weapons for Ukraine.
Very late. So late that Ukraine didn’t have enough to hold serve. This one is squarely on the MAGAs with an assist from Johnson who took a long time to grow a pair larger than MTG’s. Admittedly, she has a huge set, much like many moronic blowhards.

Reactions: Bill4411

The problem is artillery shells. Europe is pretty much tapped out. Frankly, we don't have enough, some of that money is to build a new manufacturing line. Ukraine has 2000 rounds per day with all Europe can provide and Ukraine's new production. Somewhere I read with the US, that will go to 7000. Still short of Russia's 10,000. ( The estimates seem to be either 20,000/7000 or 10,000/2000).

But if they can hang on, story has it that Russia will face a critical barrel shortage in '25.

The problem is artillery shells. Europe is pretty much tapped out. Frankly, we don't have enough, some of that money is to build a new manufacturing line. Ukraine has 2000 rounds per day with all Europe can provide and Ukraine's new production. Somewhere I read with the US, that will go to 7000. Still short of Russia's 10,000. ( The estimates seem to be either 20,000/7000 or 10,000/2000).

But if they can hang on, story has it that Russia will face a critical barrel shortage in '25.

The Ukrainian troops have to be demoralized with the lack of support from their supposed allies. They realize that at any point they will be abandoned and very likely so for certain after November.

Yes, it's more of a supply issue than it is the US being late with arms. As far as Russia goes, when you're depending on N. Korea for arms, that should be a huge red flag for them.

But the fact is, if we'd have given them more items like long-range artillery and F16s, the situation would be better for Ukraine.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The Ukrainian troops have to be demoralized with the lack of support from their supposed allies. They realize that at any point they will be abandoned and very likely so for certain after November.
Didn't Congress just approve a huge number for military aid?

You can blame MTG and some Republicans all you want, but while we're sending tens of billions to Ukraine in military aid, our southern border is wide open.

Get Biden to close the border and you'd be surprised how cooperative Republicans can be for foreign military aid to allies.

Yes, it's more of a supply issue than it is the US being late with arms. As far as Russia goes, when you're depending on N. Korea for arms, that should be a huge red flag for them.

But the fact is, if we'd have given them more items like long-range artillery and F16s, the situation would be better for Ukraine.
The F-16’s seem to be the biggest GD smoke screen that buyden has pulled off yet.
Two weeks, just two more weeks…
Total embarrassment of a life long grifter.

• Love
Reactions: DANC
Didn't Congress just approve a huge number for military aid?

You can blame MTG and some Republicans all you want, but while we're sending tens of billions to Ukraine in military aid, our southern border is wide open.

Get Biden to close the border and you'd be surprised how cooperative Republicans can be for foreign military aid to allies.
And just as normal, dems say, just give us the Ukraine $ and then we will do the boarder…. Lucy and Lionel playing football for the 1,000,000 time. The “real” republicans.

We may want to look at our no-cross border attacks. The Russians were able to build their forces behind the border with no risk of being hit, concentrate troops and supplies. I think we should have them funnel requests through the west, if they submit proof of Russian troop concentrations 5 miles on the wrong side, we can approve US equipment being used.

We may want to look at our no-cross border attacks. The Russians were able to build their forces behind the border with no risk of being hit, concentrate troops and supplies. I think we should have them funnel requests through the west, if they submit proof of Russian troop concentrations 5 miles on the wrong side, we can approve US equipment being used.
Yes, I bet Putin is actually shocked Russia-proper isn't getting attacked very much.

The west is spooked by Russia's nukes, as they should be. But they shouldn't be paralyzed by them. They've already been attacked with no nuke response.

The #1, #2 and #3 highest orc casualty days of the war, in the last 3 days of combat. ~4,500 neutralized orcs in 3 days.

7ruply4xzi0d1.jpeg

• Wow
Worthless info that I didn't need to know. Assuming that a tank and an APV is 8' wide 20' long, the number of destroyed Russian if stacked side by side would cover 80.6 acres.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Looks like Putin is going hat-in-hand to Xi. That's got to be a deal with the devil.

I saw that earlier and wasn’t sure what to make of it, although for 55 yrs of life, my first impression is 99% correct.
If it quacks like a duck…..
500,000 organ donors for sunflower seeds, 26,000 tanks and APC’s in 2 yrs, fighting against $400 drones that any US trailer park has 25 of…
He knows he’s bit off a little more than he can chew.

Hey putty, you ain’t Stalin. Even Stalin knew when his ass was kicked. Putin, Ukraine is wiping out your top tech with $400 drones that an 8 yr old US kid can fly. Simple question…. Ya done flexing yet? We just gettin warmed up!

You may be interested to know this was SOP for the US in past wars.

I went to Basic Training with guys who were found guilty, but the judge gave them the option of jail or the military. Granted, these were killers, but you post does say 'certain' prisoners.
My dad was a vet because the judge gave him that option. Did his three years in Germany instead of the six months in Minnesota he probably would have gotten.

PS - It wasn't even really war time when he did it. Vietnam was already winding down, so he got shipped to Europe to scare off the Ruskies.

Just saw Tori Nuland on one of the Sunday shows.

“Vladimir Putin at this point in his life has decided his legacy will be restoring the Soviet Union at least, but preferably a larger empire”

That’s just a lie. And it’s not even possible. This woman is evil.

Just saw Tori Nuland on one of the Sunday shows.

“Vladimir Putin at this point in his life has decided his legacy will be restoring the Soviet Union at least, but preferably a larger empire”

That’s just a lie. And it’s not even possible. This woman is evil.
You’ve been bamboozled !

My dad was a vet because the judge gave him that option. Did his three years in Germany instead of the six months in Minnesota he probably would have gotten.

PS - It wasn't even really war time when he did it. Vietnam was already winding down, so he got shipped to Europe to scare off the Ruskies.
I think that's why they sent me to Germany, instead of VN, which was winding down when I was in. Except I think they sent me so the Soviets wouldn't be afraid of us.

Do you know where he was stationed? I was in Augsburg and Ansbach.

I think that's why they sent me to Germany, instead of VN, which was winding down when I was in. Except I think they sent me so the Soviets wouldn't be afraid of us.

Do you know where he was stationed? I was in Augsburg and Ansbach.
Somewhere in the south. On leave he went hiking in the mountains. And he visited Munich.

Somewhere in the south. On leave he went hiking in the mountains. And he visited Munich.
Hmmm..... Augsburg is close to Munich - 60km. In Bavaria and the Alps close by.

We drove a deuce and a half to a concert in Munich one time. lol

If you have his DD214 discharge papers, it should say where he was stationed.

Hmmm..... Augsburg is close to Munich - 60km. In Bavaria and the Alps close by.

We drove a deuce and a half to a concert in Munich one time. lol

If you have his DD214 discharge papers, it should say where he was stationed.
I bet my sister has them. He bought a camera and a dark room while he was in Germany and kept all that stuff in a big wooden chest he brought back with him. Probably in there.

I bet my sister has them. He bought a camera and a dark room while he was in Germany and kept all that stuff in a big wooden chest he brought back with him. Probably in there.
Sounds like we might have been at the same place at the same time. Wouldn't that be a hoot!

Augsburg had 3 kasernes (barracks). 2 were regular Army and the one I was in had electronic warfare companies. Actually, there was a 4th facility - a big round antenna we used to call the elephant cage. It was like a .5 kilometer in diameter - huge, with the buildings in the middle. We used to work out of there occasionally.

Camera clubs were popular then. And everyone had killer stereos. Not much else to spend your money on, except beer, which was cheap.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Sounds like we might have been at the same place at the same time. Wouldn't that be a hoot!

Augsburg had 3 kasernes (barracks). 2 were regular Army and the one I was in had electronic warfare companies. Actually, there was a 4th facility - a big round antenna we used to call the elephant cage. It was like a .5 kilometer in diameter - huge, with the buildings in the middle. We used to work out of there occasionally.

Camera clubs were popular then. And everyone had killer stereos. Not much else to spend your money on, except beer, which was cheap.
He came back with kickass stereo equipment, too.

He worked in the mail room. Had to get a special clearance to sort the mail. Once experienced the unbridled joy of pulling his sidearm on his superior officer for entering the mailroom without clearance.

He worked in the mail room. Had to get a special clearance to sort the mail. Once experienced the unbridled joy of pulling his sidearm on his superior officer for entering the mailroom without clearance.
I'd bet money we were on the same post - Flak Kaserne. Everyone there had to have a clearance to work there because of all the supposed classified equipment and the group itself was doing classified work.

We were part of the Army Security Agency (now disbanded as a unit), which was formed after WWII. The Air Force and Navy had comparable units, with different missions, but our data and intelligence went to the NSA. I was a linguist, but we also had electronic warfare and signal intelligence capabilities. I think my company was part of the group that tracked down the Bider-Meinhof Gang in the early 70s.

Side note: I got called into the Group Commander's office one time for a piece of mail I received - from Moscow.

We had met some American students in town (girls, of course) and spent some time with them. Back then the thing to get from the Soviet Union was a Soviet Army belt buckle. Their group was traveling to the Soviet Union later and I asked her to get one and send it to me when she got home.

Well, I got called in to the office a few weeks later and she had sent me a letter addressed to me on Flak Kaserne, Augsburg - no specific address, like Company or Unit. From Moscow. She was supposed to send it to our APO number with a New York address. In the letter - which they had opened, of course, it said she had 'the item', and would send it when she got home.

I got grilled on that for quite a while and they must have believed me, because I never heard about it again. And that girl never sent the damn belt buckle, either. Sometimes I wonder if she wasn't a Soviet plant - we were warned about that. But if she was, I don't think she'd have been stupid enough to send a letter addressed to me from Moscow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
I got grilled on that for quite a while and they must have believe me, because I never heard about it again. And that girl never sent the damn belt buckle, either. Sometimes I wonder if she wasn't a Soviet plant - we were warned about that. But if she was, I don't think she'd have been stupid enough to send a letter addressed to me from Moscow.

In the book on Col Hackworth he discussed a good friend asking him for something trivial, like an army jacket from his unit for the the friend's nephew. He was also in West Germany at the time. Something didn't seem right, so eventually he reported his friend. He also had been trained that Soviet recruiters started out really small. Of course it turned out the friend was working for the Soviets.

In the book on Col Hackworth he discussed a good friend asking him for something trivial, like an army jacket from his unit for the the friend's nephew. He was also in West Germany at the time. Something didn't seem right, so eventually he reported his friend. He also had been trained that Soviet recruiters started out really small. Of course it turned out the friend was working for the Soviets.
Yep, we were told those stories.

I was at a youth hostel with these girls and there was a Yugoslavian guy there. Someone said something In Russian and I laughed at it. The Yugoslavian guy points at me and said "You're a bloody spy!". Oops.

We had a food truck on our post and we used to yell insults in Russian at each other. The guy working the food truck said "I know what that means". We never did that again. I don't know whether the guy had been vetted or not. Honestly, security was kind of hit or miss. Some things were really strict on security and other things they kind of let go.

When we took a troop train to Berlin (I was going for a TDY assignment), they took our IDs and told us not to look outside or open a window. At every stop, out train was surrounded by East German troops with weapons. That was a little freaky.

Those were some interesting times.

“The main problem right now is the White House policy to limit our capability”…referring to striking military targets inside Russia.

“Russia is well aware of this limitation and was able to mass at least 30,000 troops and equipment on the border without fear of being hit by long-range U.S.-supplied Army-Tactical-Missile-Systems, which Ukraine has used to devastating effect on Russian troops inside Ukraine.”

“We saw their military sitting one or two kilometers from the border inside Russia and there was nothing we could do about that”

“Russia has since clawed back ground Ukraine took last year during its counteroffensive, which pushed Russian forces back across the border.”

“Two U.S. officials confirmed that the Biden administration’s policy has not changed.”

“The assistance is for the defense and not for offensive operations in Russian territory”

Last edited:

“The main problem right now is the White House policy to limit our capability”…referring to striking military targets inside Russia.

“Russia is well aware of this limitation and was able to mass at least 30,000 troops and equipment on the border without fear of being hit by long-range U.S.-supplied Army-Tactical-Missile-Systems, which Ukraine has used to devastating effect on Russian troops inside Ukraine.”

“We saw their military sitting one or two kilometers from the border inside Russia and there was nothing we could do about that”

“Russia has since clawed back ground Ukraine took last year during its counteroffensive, which pushed Russian forces back across the border.”

“Two U.S. officials confirmed that the Biden administration’s policy has not changed.”

“The assistance is for the defense and not for offensive operations in Russian territory”
Mr Joe “Make my day pal!” Biden is not just an incompetent and a disaster, he is dangerous and responsible for thousands of dead people and more wounded and suffering. Like a school bully, he yells and screams at congress for not supporting Ukraine then that dumb SOB micromanages the conflict in dangerous ways— because he is too damn scared to be decisive.. It is his cluelessness that encouraged Putin, now it is his incompetence that turned this into a war of attrition that only Russia can win.

Mr Joe “Make my day pal!” Biden is not just an incompetent and a disaster, he is dangerous and responsible for thousands of dead people and more wounded and suffering. Like a school bully, he yells and screams at congress for not supporting Ukraine then that dumb SOB micromanages the conflict in dangerous ways— because he is too damn scared to be decisive.. It is his cluelessness that encouraged Putin, now it is his incompetence that turned this into a war of attrition that only Russia can win.

Question: “Secretary Blinken, the Biden administration has made it clear it doesn’t want Ukraine using U.S. equipment to strike onto Russian territory. The situation in Kharkiv right on the border is pretty dramatic right now, and it seems like your restrictions are making it very hard for Ukraine to respond to the Russian attacks, since a lot of them are coming from Russian territory. Does that ban make sense right now and are you considering relaxing it?”

Blinken: “We have not encouraged or enabled strikes outside of Ukraine, but ultimately Ukraine has to make decisions for itself about how it’s going to conduct this war, a war it’s conducting in defense of its freedom, of its sovereignty, of its territorial integrity. And we will continue to back Ukraine with the equipment that it needs to succeed, that it needs to win.”

Question: “Secretary Blinken, the Biden administration has made it clear it doesn’t want Ukraine using U.S. equipment to strike onto Russian territory. The situation in Kharkiv right on the border is pretty dramatic right now, and it seems like your restrictions are making it very hard for Ukraine to respond to the Russian attacks, since a lot of them are coming from Russian territory. Does that ban make sense right now and are you considering relaxing it?”

Blinken: “We have not encouraged or enabled strikes outside of Ukraine, but ultimately Ukraine has to make decisions for itself about how it’s going to conduct this war, a war it’s conducting in defense of its freedom, of its sovereignty, of its territorial integrity. And we will continue to back Ukraine with the equipment that it needs to succeed, that it needs to win.”
GN4hYlRXgAAHy9Z.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT