ADVERTISEMENT

Run it back leal and galloway!!

So…no mass exodus, then? Have we been gaslit again?
Did anybody think that Leal would leave? He's finally getting some PT and is making more in NIL at IU than he would anywhere else. Plus he has the real estate business going there.

If I had to guess who else was coming back, I also would've guessed Trey as well.

We're not out of the woods yet, though. If MM and Reneau leave, IU is in serious trouble. And if you add in Ware, Gunn and Banks, that's a pretty big exodus. And, of course, the two seniors as well.

Well with both coming back were behind the eight ball. Leal and Galloway both are 6th and may 10th best players on a team. We need so much help at guard and with Ware gone and speculation on Reneau, and Mgbako.
Leal said this:

”There’s no other coach in the country I would trust, with anything in my life, than coach Woodson, and there’s no other university I’d want to represent,” he said. “We’re gonna run it back. But you guys gotta chill.

15d45fe65f613774945fee8c7b1cb1a3.gif

Did anybody think that Leal would leave? He's finally getting some PT and is making more in NIL at IU than he would anywhere else. Plus he has the real estate business going there.

If I had to guess who else was coming back, I also would've guessed Trey as well.

We're not out of the woods yet, though. If MM and Reneau leave, IU is in serious trouble. And if you add in Ware, Gunn and Banks, that's a pretty big exodus. And, of course, the two seniors as well.
This is what scares me, no way we'd be able to replace that much talent in one off-season with no recruits committed. All that talent mind you from a likely NIT team.

I just don't see any way Woodson gets out of this mess but if he's staying regardless then hope I'm wrong.

This is what scares me, no way we'd be able to replace that much talent in one off-season with no recruits committed. All that talent mind you from a likely NIT team.

I just don't see any way Woodson gets out of this mess but if he's staying regardless then hope I'm wrong.
Two words. Transfer portal.

You are wrong

Well with both coming back were behind the eight ball. Leal and Galloway both are 6th and may 10th best players on a team. We need so much help at guard and with Ware gone and speculation on Reneau, and Mgbako.

15d45fe65f613774945fee8c7b1cb1a3.gif
I was going to respond but promised not to. Leal did bitch slap you though. LOL

Two words. Transfer portal.
For that to happen he would need to land at least two new guards that are a massive improvement over what we have this year, a replacement for Ware, and probably a replacement for either Mgbako or Reneau (would be shocked if we kept them both) along with depth to replace guys like Banks and Cupps who are likely to leave.

All of this after the negativity surrounding the program with a coach on his last leg both in terms of job security, and just literally on his last leg because he's an old man.

Dude is lazy, that's why we're in this mess with Zero recruits missing all our top targets this late in the cycle. Again, hope I'm wrong but that seems like wishful thinking to say the least considering what we've seen so far.

For that to happen he would need to land two new guards that are a massive improvement over what we have this year, a replacement for Ware, and probably a replacement for either Mgbako or Reneau (would be shocked if we kept them both).

All of this after the negativity surrounding the program with a coach on his last leg both in terms of job security, and just literally on his last leg because he's an old man.

Dude is lazy, that's why we're in this mess with Zero recruits missing all our top targets this late in the cycle. Again, hope I'm wrong but that seems like wishful thinking to say the least considering what we've seen so far.
Again he is not lazy, this is a common talking point. He is not going to report to you, what he is doing. You are not his boss.

Again he is not lazy, this is a common talking point. He is not going to report to you, what he is doing. You are not his boss.
He doesn't need to report anything to me, anyone that even pays a lick of attention to recruiting can see that despite almost 40 scholarship offers and 11 official visits we have all of zero recruits committed for 2024.

He lost the one recruit we did have because (according to his mom) Liam hadn't even spoken to Woodson once since he commited. Woodson doesn't go to the games to watch these kids play, he's never out recruiting, and he refuses to talk about it to the media.

So with the likelihood of at least 6+ open spots going into next year coming off an NIT season, and a coach that refuses to recruit, consider me skeptical that next year is going to be anything but a disaster similar to Archie's year 4. Again, hope I'm wrong.

He doesn't need to report anything to me, anyone that even pays a lick of attention to recruiting can see that despite almost 40 scholarship offers and 11 official visits we have all of zero recruits committed for 2024.

He lost the one recruit we did have because (according to his mom) Liam hadn't even spoken to Woodson once since he commited. Woodson doesn't go to the games to watch these kids play, he's never out recruiting, and he refuses to talk about it to the media.

So with the likelihood of at least 6+ open spots going into next year coming off an NIT season, and a coach that refuses to recruit, consider me skeptical that next year is going to be anything but a disaster similar to Archie's year 4. Again, hope I'm wrong.
Do we have a source for, “Liam’s mom said Mike stopped calling him. ??

Reactions: papawboog
Text screenshots from her on B Town Banners, unbelievable and is one of the probably many reasons he decommited.
Neither Trey or leal are difference makers. Leal should be playing at D-2 school and Trey should be 6th man not starter. He was our 2 guard and cannot shoot. Neither have the talent to help us to the levels of top teams. Woodson is an arrogant and has not come remotely close to his stated objectives. We are no closer to big ten championship and likely will not even make dance yet alone compete for national championship. He was in NBA and now a very mediocre coach.

Neither Trey or leal are difference makers. Leal should be playing at D-2 school and Trey should be 6th man not starter. He was our 2 guard and cannot shoot. Neither have the talent to help us to the levels of top teams. Woodson is an arrogant and has not come remotely close to his stated objectives. We are no closer to big ten championship and likely will not even make dance yet alone compete for national championship. He was in NBA and now a very mediocre coach.
Nice when someone remembers the goals stated when he was hired and got his raise vs the current state of the program.

For that to happen he would need to land at least two new guards that are a massive improvement over what we have this year, a replacement for Ware, and probably a replacement for either Mgbako or Reneau (would be shocked if we kept them both) along with depth to replace guys like Banks and Cupps who are likely to leave.

Where you been? IU has beaten three straight bottom of the league teams and the 8th best team in this years conference at home by one. IU is in GREAT shape!

you are a skeptic

Leal is going to play nothing next year he hardly plays now and if your pumping the Leal train were screwed. We need atleast 3 guards next season who are better then Leal or Indiana is done.
If you had any clue what I was referring to maybe I would care what you said. I never said that Leal is the answer to our future. I will take Galloway and Leal as part of my 13 man roster any day. I will wait until the end of the season and part of the off season before I feel that we have a decent team or not. I have discussed what I see as shortcomings, but you are so over the top in assessments that I will go back to refraining from responding to you.

Next season is gonna look like Crean's first season at IU. Players aren't playing for a coach who throws them under the bus constantly. And taking recruiting for granted. This ain't a major player in basketball until IU gets a major coach who values recruiting,coaching and the fan base.
This doesn't seem likely, at this point. The player he threw under the bus more than any other, Trey, is seemingly coming back for a 5th year.

To me, everything that's happened recently, and is happening, points towards more players being back than most have guessed on this board.

Until we know what the roster is going to look like though, no one has a clue what next year is going to look like. But I gotta think, if Leal and Galloway thought it was going to be a dumpster fire, they probably wouldn't have announced they're coming back the way they did.

Next season is gonna look like Crean's first season at IU. Players aren't playing for a coach who throws them under the bus constantly. And taking recruiting for granted. This ain't a major player in basketball until IU gets a major coach who values recruiting,coaching and the fan base.
As a Purdue fan I was not happy to see Galloway returning. He has deficiencies but the kid plays hard. He drives to the basket with effectiveness. If he figures out his free throw shooting he will be solid.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
You are wrong
this team's weakness is guard play and 3pt shooting.
CMW has experienced little success in recruiting backcourt talent, either through the portal or the old fashioned, organic recruiting out of high school. JHS is the only one, and he was only here a few months and CMW couldn't fill his shoes this year.

The fact that McN reneged and all other high level PGs (Boogie) turned him down, along with X's departure (both good X and bad X), CMW has to pull in 2 solid backcourt guys from the portal this spring. AND...and this is a BIG AND....figure out how to fill the hole left by Ware. Because he's not returning, no matter how hard you wish it.

Very curious to see what MR and MM do. that will be huge. If they split, then we're screwed next yr regardless because Woody isn't going to grab an entirely new starting 5 of talented players out of the portal. If they stay, and he can grab some help in the backcourt, then next year might not be terrible.

Let's hope Gallo can play this week. I appreciate Leal's efforts yesterday, but talent-wise, it was pretty obvious he's in over his head against a team with backcourt talent like MSU.

Why are you so convinced of that? Internet rumors during the fall, McNeely decommitment, what you personally have heard or this board. There have been rumors of tons of people leaving every year, but I doubt a mass exodus. Obviously, we know X and Walker for sure have no more eligibility left. Leal and Galloway say they are coming back. Ware most likely gone NBA. Others wanting a chance or a bigger role probably portal transfer.

The season has not been good although 6th place was what analyst projected for Indiana in the Big Ten. The next two weeks will give us a better idea what we have coming back and how many positions we need to fill. Let us revisit this discussion after our season is complete it will not be long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT