ADVERTISEMENT

Roy Moore done fo(u)r?

It's a badge of honor on that side of the aisle. Sexually molesting women and children is macho. Trump men love his toughness.

Bob Packer and Dennis Hastert must be banging their respective heads against their living room walls today:
''If only we had lived in 2017. Damn you, GOP Jesus!!''

Br43-EqCUAIqQQG.jpg

Last edited:
Moore accuser admits adding date to yearbook, WTF.
Credibility out the door:D

Last edited:
http://www.fox7austin.com/news/us-w...dmits-she-forged-part-of-yearbook-inscription

This is hilarious that Fox and Trumpsters are trying to use this to disclaim her charge. It's clearly different writing. I did the same in my yearbook, as I'm sure many people did. I add people's last name, sometimes date and place. The fact that would change any part of the rest of the story is nonsense. But they don't have much to go with, so they've hung their hats on this. He's kind of like Trump and just keeps digging deeper. His salves remark certainly showed depth and wisdom.

Judge Roy is back in the lead in the polls;) His only sin is being a Christian .

It appears that the major reason a lot of Republicans admire Putin is because he is very strongly anti-gay but so are leaders in many other countries so I never understood the Putin love. Putin’s killed and tortured thousands to keep his kleptocracy afloat but that seems to be irrelevant. Oh and I forgot Putin is a STRONG leader kind of like: Sadam Hussein, Stalin and Hitler, etc., so maybe it’s our great ape heritage showing?

Judge Roy is back in the lead in the polls;) His only sin is being a Christian .

Is this Fake News?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ts-give-jones-lead-over-moore-in-alabama.html

YEG3RWS.png

Fox News said:
Democrat Doug Jones holds a 10-point lead over Republican Roy Moore among likely voters in deep red Alabama.

Greater party loyalty plus higher interest in the election among Democrats combined with more enthusiasm among Jones supporters gives him the advantage in the race to fill the U.S. senate seat previously held by U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

That’s according to a Fox News Poll of Alabama voters conducted Thursday through Sunday using traditional polling techniques, including a list-based probability sample with both landlines and cellphones.

Jones receives 50 percent to Moore’s 40 percent, with 1-in-10 undecided (8 percent) or supporting another candidate (2 percent) -- which could make a difference Tuesday. That’s even truer with such an unconventional election with unconventional candidates

It appears that the major reason a lot of Republicans admire Putin is because he is very strongly anti-gay but so are leaders in many other countries so I never understood the Putin love. Putin’s killed and tortured thousands to keep his kleptocracy afloat but that seems to be irrelevant. Oh and I forgot Putin is a STRONG leader kind of like: Sadam Hussein, Stalin and Hitler, etc., so maybe it’s our great ape heritage showing?
Worthless post.

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/us-w...dmits-she-forged-part-of-yearbook-inscription

This is hilarious that Fox and Trumpsters are trying to use this to disclaim her charge. It's clearly different writing. I did the same in my yearbook, as I'm sure many people did. I add people's last name, sometimes date and place. The fact that would change any part of the rest of the story is nonsense. But they don't have much to go with, so they've hung their hats on this. He's kind of like Trump and just keeps digging deeper. His salves remark certainly showed depth and wisdom.
Give them a break! They are grasping at straws!
Furthermore, that so many, if not most, churches in Alabama are supporting a child molester so enthusiastically says a lot about Christianity! I gotta ask my preacher brother about that.:(

Apparently, Christianity has changed a lot since I left. So, now, grabbing underage girls is a virtue? Gee, I should get back to church! It sounds very enticing.
It is enticing as JIm Baker and Jimmy Swaggart :D

As I've been saying, Roy Moore isn't going to be a US Senator. I don't even think he'd make it there if he somehow managed to win the election. But I've never thought he'd win the election, either.
Are you confident about that? We are talking about Alabama! And Republicans!

Are you confident about that? We are talking about Alabama! And Republicans!

Well, I'm not saying that I'm confident in how the election will turn out. I doubt he'll win -- but who knows. But, given the nature of the allegations, if he wins I don't think there's any way the Senate Republicans will be able to abide his being there...and I suspect that motions to remove him (or even block him from being seated) would begin pretty quickly.

Well, I'm not saying that I'm confident in how the election will turn out. I doubt he'll win -- but who knows. But, given the nature of the allegations, if he wins I don't think there's any way the Senate Republicans will be able to abide his being there...and I suspect that motions to remove him (or even block him from being seated) would begin pretty quickly.
I doubt it. He is a sure vote to further the Republican agenda, whatever that may be. I doubt that the pubs have the integrity not to seat such a sure vote. Neither would the Democrats for that matter. We are talking about politicians after all.:rolleyes:

He'll likely win....a few sitting Senators will crow for a bit about what they will do/should do...then nothing will come of it.

Sorry, that is just stupid and too much to ignore. It was Romney that warned Obama about Russia in 2012. Republicans were most distrustful of Putin from his KGB past and policies at the time. Obama made a mockery of Romney and told Putin he would have more "flexibility" after the election. Obama was never really pushed to address what that meant.

Obama was more likely to get a tingle in his leg from Putin. He engineered the reset with Russia. How did that work out? Putin made it a sport to embarrass Obama at every opportunity and hacked Obama's political party. That is what an enemy does and Romney called it.

Reactions: 76-1
Sorry, that is just stupid and too much to ignore. It was Romney that warned Obama about Russia in 2012. Republicans were most distrustful of Putin from his KGB past and policies at the time. Obama made a mockery of Romney and told Putin he would have more "flexibility" after the election. Obama was never really pushed to address what that meant.

Obama was more likely to get a tingle in his leg from Putin. He engineered the reset with Russia. How did that work out? Putin made it a sport to embarrass Obama at every opportunity and hacked Obama's political party. That is what an enemy does and Romney called it.
Romney was correct. But the OBama stuff is nonsense. He couldn't stand Putin and let him know it. It's your buddy Trump was wants to be best friends with him. Or much more likely just wants to preventbtje pee tape from coming out. Remember who out sanctions on the Russians and expelled their ambassadors?

Romney was correct. But the OBama stuff is nonsense. He couldn't stand Putin and let him know it. It's your buddy Trump was wants to be best friends with him. Or much more likely just wants to preventbtje pee tape from coming out. Remember who out sanctions on the Russians and expelled their ambassadors?
The conservative Republican love of Putin and Russia is a very recent phenomenon.

I doubt it. He is a sure vote to further the Republican agenda, whatever that may be. I doubt that the pubs have the integrity not to seat such a sure vote. Neither would the Democrats for that matter. We are talking about politicians after all.:rolleyes:

The Governor of Alabama is a Republican. So that's not what would give Senate Reps pause. What I imagine would give them pause, if Moore wins, is the prospect of thwarting the will of voters at a time when they're already suffering a (self-inflicted) disconnect with their own voters. Blocking Moore would pour fuel on that fire.

In this case, I think it would be worth it. At some point, though, they need to address that fire.

No its not fake news. The poll its written about IS fake.
It has 44% Republican and 42% Democrat - named party affiliations - no one - I mean not a single person who knows anything about elections within states believes that Alabama has only a 44-42 Republican margin in party affiliation.
Its more like a 28 [EDIT] point margin among likely voters. Richard Shelby won his Senate seat by the same number. So? The poll sample is terrible. Intentionally so? I do not know. Maybe its the same polling machinery that had you leftists knowing that Hillary had a walk-over.

Last edited:
That poll is a huge outlier.
Its not an "outlier". Outliers are wierd - outside the margin of error results from appropriate samples. This has a phoney sample 44-42 Republican. Its not worthy of being named an "outlier" as the results didn't come from an appropriate sample. It has to be intentionally doctored by sample adjustment. Let a polling firm play with the sample (some have "bakery divisions" you know) and they can get you any outcome you want. But it will be a lie.

As I've been saying, Roy Moore isn't going to be a US Senator. I don't even think he'd make it there if he somehow managed to win the election. But I've never thought he'd win the election, either.
This is fake news in my opinion to get the Jones supporters to not go to the polls......don't believe it...Go Vote....even if its for Moore

Its not an "outlier". Outliers are wierd - outside the margin of error results from appropriate samples. This has a phoney sample 44-42 Republican. Its not worthy of being named an "outlier" as the results didn't come from an appropriate sample. It has to be intentionally doctored by sample adjustment. Let a polling firm play with the sample (some have "bakery divisions" you know) and they can get you any outcome you want. But it will be a lie.
Perhaps the Republican half of Fox's research team fudged the numbers to scare and motivate Moore voters.

Reactions: bigmac76
This is fake news in my opinion to get the Jones supporters to not go to the polls......don't believe it...Go Vote....even if its for Moore

So a poll showing a candidate (who's actually trailing) to be leading might be a deliberate attempt on the part of the pollster to deceive people who might be inclined to vote for that candidate such that they stay home?

You're not a fan of "Loose Change" are you? ;)

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-the-hell-is-happening-with-these-alabama-polls/

Nate Bronze said:
What accounts for the differences between live-caller and automated polls? There are several factors, all of which are potentially relevant to the race in Alabama:

1. Automated polls are prohibited by law from calling voters on cellphones.
  2. Automated polls get lower response rates and therefore may have less representative samples.
  3. Automated polls may have fewer problems with “shy” voters who are reluctant to disclose their true voting intentions.
  4. Automated pollsters (in part to compensate for issues No. 1 and 2 above) generally make more assumptions when modeling turnout, whereas traditional pollsters prefer to let the voters “speak for themselves” and take the results they obtain more at face value.

I'm hoping you're right, but I see no reason to expect 1) Moore won't win the election until Trump voters lose their enthusiasm, which they haven't, since they're voting in the high 60% to low 70% range, and 2) Republican senators will suddenly show some moral fiber and "go against the will of the Alabama voters."

McConnell will conjure up what he considers a good talking point.

He'll likely win....a few sitting Senators will crow for a bit about what they will do/should do...then nothing will come of it.
This is the most likely scenario. He's ahead in most polls, and I really doubt we can count on a lot of "shy Jones voters." The Senate can't prevent him from being seated, and kicking him out after the fact for something that the voters were already well aware of when they sent him there is pretty ridiculous. I mean, they probably have the right to kick him out for just about whatever reason they want, but they are playing with fire if they do that.

Veterans are unloading on Roy Moore’s comments about military service
http://www.businessinsider.sg/roy-moore-transgender-military-lgbtq-vietnam-2017-12/?r=US&IR=T

“I know we do not need transgender in our military,” Moore said during a campaign rally in Alabama, according to the Associated Press. “If I’m in a foxhole, I don’t want to know whether this guy next to me is wondering if he’s a woman or a man.”

“I’d rather be in a foxhole with the brave trans men and women already serving overseas than in Congress with a pedophile,” Democratic Rep. Seth Moulton of Massachusetts, a former infantry Marine Corps officer and Iraq War veteran.
“You won’t be in a foxhole. I might be, though, and if I am, I don’t want to have to worry my daughter might get molested by a US Senator while I’m gone,” David Dixon, a US Army armor officer and Iraq War veteran.

In Vietnam, the troops Moore commanded derisively nicknamed him “Captain America,” according to a 2005 report from the Atlantic. Reporter Joshua Green wrote for the publication at the time that Moore “was so much disliked that he feared being killed by his own troops, and slept on a bed of sandbags so that he couldn’t be fragged by a grenade rolled under his bed.”
:eek::eek:

Perhaps the Republican half of Fox's research team fudged the numbers to scare and motivate Moore voters.
The polling firm explained that their sample selection used an experimental method. Its part of the story on the poll - read it. Same period, accurate sample - representative sample actually - Emerson College Polling Unit has Moore up 9. A 19 point swing between two polls on the same dates? How can that be? Emerson is +15 Republican (Trump won by 28) and Fox is +2. Fox is the junk. Why they did that I do not know, but its trash. If you were a client paying them to do the poll, you'd refuse to pay.

The polling firm explained that their sample selection used an experimental method. Its part of the story on the poll - read it. Same period, accurate sample - representative sample actually - Emerson College Polling Unit has Moore up 9. A 19 point swing between two polls on the same dates? How can that be? Emerson is +15 Republican (Trump won by 28) and Fox is +2. Fox is the junk. Why they did that I do not know, but its trash. If you were a client paying them to do the poll, you'd refuse to pay.

Emerson College actually is using an experimental method with some sort of survey panel. Fox is using landline + cell phones.

It's all going to depend on who turns out. Pretty much all the pollsters are detecting high enthusiasm on the Dem side. Special election electorates are very hard to predict.

If you read the 538 article I linked above in this thread it explains all that and how if you weigh the poll differently you get anything from Moore being up high single digits to Jones being up high single digits. None of those are outlandish weights either.

I generally agree with the CW that Moore is probably a 70/30 favorite, but Jones definitely has a chance.

This reminds me a ton of the Scott Brown special election for Kennedy's seat in MA.

See what Fro said above, as well as his 538 link. The Fox poll is using traditional methods, the sample was random, and presumably used much less demographic weighting than the autopolls. The results tonight will be very interesting as a test for comparing the two different polling methods.

Personally, I still think Fox's poll is the outlier, even if the methods are more respectable. I think Moore will end up winning.

kicking him out after the fact for something that the voters were already well aware of when they sent him there is pretty ridiculous.

Why? I don't think it's ridiculous. Just because voters may look past illegality -- not to mention moral turpitude of some of the worst kind -- doesn't bind the Senate or House from doing so.

No its not fake news. The poll its written about IS fake.
It has 44% Republican and 42% Democrat - named party affiliations - no one - I mean not a single person who knows anything about elections within states believes that Alabama has only a 44-42 Republican margin in party affiliation.
Its more like a 28 [EDIT] point margin among likely voters. Richard Shelby won his Senate seat by the same number. So? The poll sample is terrible. Intentionally so? I do not know. Maybe its the same polling machinery that had you leftists knowing that Hillary had a walk-over.
You’re supporting a pedophile whose own troops wanted to kill him in Vietnam, and yet “LEFTISTS!!!” are the problem?

Also, you should seriously shut up about pulling if you don’t understand what a margin of error is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT