ADVERTISEMENT

Roy Moore done fo(u)r?

iuwclurker1

All-Big Ten
Dec 19, 2015
He allegedly sexually abused a 14-year-old. Three other women have come out with accusations of teenage abuse. Mitch McConnell wants him to withdraw.

Coyotes might be ahowling come December. That's a US Senate seat. Things just got more interesting.

Could have been your daughter:

moore1108promoimage-blackborder.jpg

Gotta hand it to McConnell and many other GOP Senators and representatives, they're taking the high road despite the likelihood that this could cost them a deep red Senate seat.

Read the entire Washington Post story. It goes beyond he said/she said. Why is it the guy who publicly wraps himself up in the Bible always has a weird dark side to him? Too many examples to list (i.e. wide stance).

It's too late to change candidates. Now they're looking at possible write-in campaign for Strange who lost in the primary. My prediction, Moore will be elected anyway. That will make the new senate republican photo op interesting...

Read the entire Washington Post story. It goes beyond he said/she said. Why is it the guy who publicly wraps himself up in the Bible always has a weird dark side to him? Too many examples to list (i.e. wide stance).

It's too late to change candidates. Now they're looking at possible write-in campaign for Strange who lost in the primary. My prediction, Moore will be elected anyway. That will make the new senate republican photo op interesting...

I am not so sure this doesn't help Moore, just gives him another reason to claim martyr status.

Reactions: meridian
Think his claim will be that liberals are making up evil stories about him because he's a Christian?

Yes, and he will have Breitbart and Limbaugh in the trenches with him claiming this is an attack on Christians.

The past couple months have not been good for men. I am beginning to wonder just how evil the rest of you are.

Reactions: HillzHoozier
Yes, and he will have Breitbart and Limbaugh in the trenches with him claiming this is an attack on Christians.

The past couple months have not been good for men. I am beginning to wonder just how evil the rest of you are.

Those of us who are men . . . pretty damned evil.

Those who are women . . . pretty much the same, I'd venture, but just in a different way or two.

Niebuhr - Reinhold - might talk about how classical philosophers - and Paul - would posit that the body is evil, and rational thought is all but divine . . . or actually divine . . .

. . . the guys back on 8th Street at home would say that men have a problem with which head they're thinking with. I understood the classical philosophers only after remembering listening to the guys down on 8th Street. Some things are better understood in plain language . . . .

:oops: I like to call it mischevious because in my defence I was only like six months older.

It happens to all uber religious guys. You don't have to look at just the Christian bible bashers. The Muslim extremists have their fair share of hypocrites.

Classic case of over-compensation.

But the world is changing:

Last edited:
. . . the guys back on 8th Street at home would say that men have a problem with which head they're thinking with. I understood the classical philosophers only after remembering listening to the guys down on 8th Street. Some things are better understood in plain language . . . .
Word. I learned far more about human nature from the farm hands and mechanics and barmaids I've known than the preachers and professors.

As much as I dislike this Moore guy, this allegation bothers me a bit.

How do we know that these women are telling the truth? Things happened decades ago. It's very easy to gather up half a dozen women to tell the world that they were, well, treated like this by xyz. You cannot really prove the facts! Is there something I don't know about?

Maybe its a tipping point in American political culture -- women have had enough and are now all stepping forward in droves.
The Pussy Grabber in Chief's election may have just pissed off enough female/victims that enough is enough.

How do we know that these women are telling the truth? Things happened decades ago. It's very easy to gather up half a dozen women to tell the world that they were, well, treated like this by xyz. You cannot really prove the facts! Is there something I don't know about?
Stop. Just stop.

Reactions: baileyiu
Maybe its a tipping point in American political culture -- women have had enough and are now all stepping forward in droves.
The Pussy Grabber in Chief's election may have just pissed off enough female/victims that enough is enough.
Yep, read an article about that today, I'll try to find and post it. I wonder if things with Trump would be any different in the environment we are in now. Maybe people would have taken those women more seriously.

So here's what the Alabama state auditor had to say: Take Joseph and Mary , Mary was a teenager and a Joseph was an adult carpenter.They became parents of Jesus. There's nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little but unusual.

I kid you not.

Did you actually read the story or just automatically question the women? You see, that's why women DON'T speak up, because men don't believe them. The story had 30 sources, the women didn't go to the paper, the paper came to them, there are 4 women with similar stories and they don't know each other. The 24 year old is a lifelong Republican and voted for Trump. But yeah, they are probably lying.

Did you actually read the story or just automatically question the women? You see, that's why women DON'T speak up, because men don't believe them. The story had 30 sources, the women didn't go to the paper, the paper came to them, there are 4 women with similar stories and they don't know each other. The 24 year old is a lifelong Republican and voted for Trump. But yeah, they are probably lying.

Moore denies all of it. Moore ought to sue WaPo and the accusers. Let all of them sit for depositions and be cross-examined in front of a jury. These are terrible allegations and Moore needs to test them. If Moore doesn’t sue, I’ll believe the women.

ADVERTISEMENT