ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Now #26!

victorbear

All-Big Ten
Sep 28, 2005
Nbadraftorder.com has Romeo at the 26th pick, my god he might be back next year,crazy.

Nbadraftorder.com has Romeo at the 26th pick, my god he might be back next year,crazy.
I would think he will be if that's the true sentiment. On the other hand, I really doubt it is and I doubt he thinks he's going to improve his stock in college.

Reactions: trailrunner
He will not be playing college basketball next year.This is getting as crazy as the months leading up to last spring’s signing.
The kid has zero desire to play college basketball.

Reactions: IUgradman
I would think he will be if that's the true sentiment. On the other hand, I really doubt it is and I doubt he thinks he's going to improve his stock in college.
Just looked at two current draft boards and he is 9th and 13th. Dropped some but not enough to make him stay.

Romeo is gone and will be a top 10 pick. Draft is very soft this year beyond the top couple guys.

Reactions: brianiu
If Romeo was 3 years younger....he would have never even been playing in college.

One and done rule going extinct in 2022

Reactions: minneman
If you are not a lottery pick you don't jump into draft, that would be foolish.
agree fully in principle...but there is a growing list of IU players who left early and never sniffed the lottery. Becoming all too common.

Anyone who thinks Romeo is sticking around for a second year of this is delusional. He doesn't appear to be enjoying it now and if the OAD rule had been dropped already, he would have never stepped foot on campus.

Personally I'm counting the days 'til the OAD rule is gone. If 18 yr olds want to go right into D league, G league or whatever the hell they're gonna call it, let them. Almost seems unconstitutional to prohibit them from moving to that level if they want and have the skills. I'm actually looking forward to the prospects of college ball beyond world wide wes and his wannabees.

agree fully in principle...but there is a growing list of IU players who left early and never sniffed the lottery. Becoming all too common.

Anyone who thinks Romeo is sticking around for a second year of this is delusional. He doesn't appear to be enjoying it now and if the OAD rule had been dropped already, he would have never stepped foot on campus.

Personally I'm counting the days 'til the OAD rule is gone. If 18 yr olds want to go right into D league, G league or whatever the hell they're gonna call it, let them. Almost seems unconstitutional to prohibit them from moving to that level if they want and have the skills. I'm actually looking forward to the prospects of college ball beyond world wide wes and his wannabees.
College Basketball is much less watchable now than 20+ years ago, with possibly the top 20 or 30 HS tplayers jumping straight to the G-League, the G-League will suddenly have more high end future NBA talent than college basketball. At that point I will watch IU and the NBA and G-League.

I tune in to watch Duke and Kansas to watch their NBA talents perform, I do not tune in to watch a team with no pro talents play ugly basketball. HS games will be more fun to watch, with potentially higher level talents than college basketball.

I'll tell you losers. If Romeo is a top 10 pick I will leave this site for GOOD I promise. If he isn't you all leave. Any takers.

It will hurt college basketball.

I don't agree. Did it hurt college bball back when they could go straight to the pros? I don't think it did.

The small number of players it will affect will minimize the negative impact on the college game. The one and done factories like Duke and UK will be hurt the worst. How is that a bad thing? :)

No way. Will he be top 10.

This draft is weak compared to recent drafts.

ESPN has the best draft guy in Giovany who earned his stripes running draftexpress then ESPN bought that site. He still has him 5th or 6th though he hasn't done an update in some time. Same with CBS.

EDIT: It seems Giovany updated his rankings last night on 2/12 and Romeo is still #5.

Most other sites make knee jerk reactions. This is the only site that has him outside the lotto that I have seen. NBA teams won't be fooled by IU's lackluster season that has impacted him not living up to high expectations. Once Romeo goes to the draft camps he will prove his top 10 ranking. He has elite athleticism that compares to others in the top 10 except Zion who physically seems in a class by himself.

Last edited:
College Basketball is much less watchable now than 20+ years ago, with possibly the top 20 or 30 HS tplayers jumping straight to the G-League, the G-League will suddenly have more high end future NBA talent than college basketball. At that point I will watch IU and the NBA and G-League.

Agreed on the watch-a-bility of current NCAA ball. But I think it's because they (NCAA) quickened and opened the game up to make it more like the NBA. So many 3 pointers now, even the bigs are shooting 21 footers. Lower shooting percentages as a result. Teams don't run as much traditional structured offense like we saw with IU and the motion back in in the 70s/80s, even into the 90s. Lots of open post offense now. Watching IU run screens for Alford, Edwards and Calbert was almost like artwork. Just don't see as much of that today. Game just looks a lot different and honestly, not really in a pleasant way. Of course, it has looked much less appealing in Bloomington over the past 6 weeks. I enjoyed the Marquette game immensely and convinced myself that we 'were back'. That view has been self-corrected in recent weeks unfortunately.

Agreed on the watch-a-bility of current NCAA ball. But I think it's because they (NCAA) quickened and opened the game up to make it more like the NBA. So many 3 pointers now, even the bigs are shooting 21 footers. Lower shooting percentages as a result. Teams don't run as much traditional structured offense like we saw with IU and the motion back in in the 70s/80s, even into the 90s. Lots of open post offense now. Watching IU run screens for Alford, Edwards and Calbert was almost like artwork. Just don't see as much of that today. Game just looks a lot different and honestly, not really in a pleasant way. Of course, it has looked much less appealing in Bloomington over the past 6 weeks. I enjoyed the Marquette game immensely and convinced myself that we 'were back'. That view has been self-corrected in recent weeks unfortunately.
agreed. What coach is going to tell a top recruit he won't prepare him for the nba?

I'll tell you losers. If Romeo is a top 10 pick I will leave this site for GOOD I promise. If he isn't you all leave. Any takers.
the nba drafts on potential as well as Zion Williamson-like awesomeness. Frankly, if he isn't going to take charge of a game and dominate when needed, either because he can't or he wont, then let him go to the NBA.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
These draft projections can be all over the place and its difficult to project whether an NBA team is looking for a specific position or will draft and then trade someone, etc but I agree it appears highly unlikely that Romeo will fall out of the lottery (14th). Romeo is a prime example of why NBA owners like the OAD - a further chance to evaluate before using a high draft pick

Yea, Vandy is having a stellar year.
He was never going to Vandy. He was Adidas only. Should’ve just stuck with louisville or moved to Kansas. Something he’ll probably always regret. I feel bad for the kid.

He was never going to Vandy. He was Adidas only. Should’ve just stuck with louisville or moved to Kansas. Something he’ll probably always regret. I feel bad for the kid.
If he was on Lousiville they would be a top 5 team in america.

Reactions: fpeaugh
If Romeo was 3 years younger....he would have never even been playing in college.

One and done rule going extinct in 2022
is it that far away? i thought it started with the 2019 class. probably explains why i haven't heard any talk about top recruits going straight to the nba. why does it take 3 years to implement? not very complicated

is it that far away? i thought it started with the 2019 class. probably explains why i haven't heard any talk about top recruits going straight to the nba. why does it take 3 years to implement? not very complicated

Think that's when the next CBA happens.

Reactions: minneman
Romeo was gone the day he committed. Put down the crack pipe op. Unc seems to be the only school to get kids to stay 2 years longer than they should. He’s not coming back

could not agree more

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT