ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo announcing April 30th...

Really! So you think they are going to have all the Hoosier fans show up so they can laugh at them when he chooses Vandy or Kansas. It’s open to the public so Hoosier fans will pack the High School to here him announce its Indiana
I am going to sit at a local bar to watch. Im sure it will be streamable somewhere. If he picks IU, I am drinking heavily to celebrate. If he goes against IU then I am drinking heavily and starting a bar fight with any non IU fan.

I am going to sit at a local bar to watch. Im sure it will be streamable somewhere. If he picks IU, I am drinking heavily to celebrate. If he goes against IU then I am drinking heavily and starting a bar fight with any non IU fan.

Preferably a Kentucky Fan if you live on the Southern Border of Indiana... if not.... how about a Purdue Fan... there is always one in the crowd. :eek:

Or..... maybe a Kansas or Vandy fan.... :)

Alit of chatter now thats its iu. My only concern is they have kept this so close to the vest where are people getting the chatter from.
I looked at 24/7 the day Kansas was mentioned by the FBI and it was 45% IU, 30% Vandy and 25% Kansas. This morning I saw we were up to 52% and Vandy had dropped 4 points. It may not mean anything, but it is a good trend. One of the experts that has picked 90% correctly picked IU.

I have put less into the late decision being bad for IU. Still, we won't know for sure until he tells us. I have to think he will look at the team we have coming back, our needs at his position and how Vandy sucked. It might not be a dream of Romeo's to play with Garland or the other 5 star recruit.

Again, if I trusted the "experts" I'd take this as another good sign. I've seen Meyer switch predictions at the last possible moment. The kid that went to Miami just a season or two back is an example. It was all IU according to JM for the longest time, until the announcement and then the switch.
That kid Bruce Brown is probably one of the players that is part of the FBI scandal that Miami is in trouble for.

Reactions: IUgradman
Preferably a Kentucky Fan if you live on the Southern Border of Indiana... if not.... how about a Purdue Fan... there is always one in the crowd. :eek:

Or..... maybe a Kansas or Vandy fan.... :)
just stay away if it's Haas. You might catch something yucky.

Alit of chatter now thats its iu. My only concern is they have kept this so close to the vest where are people getting the chatter from.

It's crazy, huh? If I didn't know any better, I'd think maybe this whole thing is a fluid situation and that Romeo didn't know where he was going a month ago when some on here were saying it was a done deal to Vandy.

I don't know the kid, but a couple friends of mine do know he and the family and say they are a class act. Numerous posters here have said the same. Filling a gymnasium with fans, most of whom are certainly IU fans, to deflate all their hopes and expectations by announcing he's going to Vanderbilt or Kansas wouldn't be very classy. I think he's going to IU. Welcome to IU, Romeo! I hope. ;)

I now think it is IU but I don't know how much of a legend he will be in just one year. We shall see.

I now think it is IU but I don't know how much of a legend he will be in just one year. We shall see.

Eric Gordon left a large footprint at IU. If he hadn't broken his hand and even more, the Sampson Fiasco hadn't happened, then he likely would've had a much much larger footprint. It's easy to forget just how great EG was before his injury. If I remember correctly he was averaging upwards of 30pts per game before he went down. He was never quite the same. The thing with a player like Romeo/EG is their commitment alone invigorates a program and brings along a cult-like following. It's contagious beyond just his play on the court. He would truly enjoy everything that comes with going to IU while being in the position he currently is. He'll get love from any fanbase but it would be ignorant to think anyone could come close to what he would get from Indiana.

Reactions: mazz and IUgradman
Agreed. Unless he takes us to a F4, he'll have the same amount of long term public recognition as Gordon. Which isn't in the same class as Isiah or Cody or Vic, or even many/most of the four year players we've had that made us proud over the years.

Agreed. Unless he takes us to a F4, he'll have the same amount of long term public recognition as Gordon. Which isn't in the same class as Isiah or Cody or Vic, or even many/most of the four year players we've had that made us proud over the years.
You’re totally understimating Romeo. He’s an amazing player. Not only that but he’s the best player to come out of Indiana in a while (in terms of ranking). IU hasn’t had an Indiana Mr. Basketball since Cody Zeller

Reactions: IUgradman
I don’t think the recruiting director at 247 is going to say this unless he is confident in his sources. He wouldn’t put his reputation on the line without solid intel.

He switched from IU to Vandy with obviously bad information. Just sayin'.

He switched from IU to Vandy with obviously bad information. Just sayin'.

A bunch of other people picked Vandy in the weeks leading to Garland’s announcement, and one of his classmates leaked the choice on Twitter.

Meyer wasn’t the first to switch his Romeo pick to IU either. Usually this late in the game a crystal ball pick is significant.

Romeo to IU, Juwan back for senior season, and McRoberts gets the last scholly. Looks like a tournament team.
I think it will be a very strong tournament team! There's a lot of good returning experience and a lot of good freshmen to work into the lineup. It should improve through the season and be an excellent team going into the B1G and NCAA tournaments. It will be a lot of fun to watch!

Eric Gordon left a large footprint at IU. If he hadn't broken his hand and even more, the Sampson Fiasco hadn't happened, then he likely would've had a much much larger footprint. It's easy to forget just how great EG was before his injury. If I remember correctly he was averaging upwards of 30pts per game before he went down. He was never quite the same. The thing with a player like Romeo/EG is their commitment alone invigorates a program and brings along a cult-like following. It's contagious beyond just his play on the court. He would truly enjoy everything that comes with going to IU while being in the position he currently is. He'll get love from any fanbase but it would be ignorant to think anyone could come close to what he would get from Indiana.
Gordon was leading the nation in scoring early on. Anyone that saw him in person would know what kind of a athlete and scoring machine he was. I would be plenty happy if RL came to IU and was that good...

Gordon was leading the nation in scoring early on. Anyone that saw him in person would know what kind of a athlete and scoring machine he was. I would be plenty happy if RL came to IU and was that good...
I’ll be thrilled if RL is 80% of what EG was as a freshman. EG was the best freshman I’ve ever seen at IU. He had no weaknesses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT