ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo announcing April 30th...

21952784-jpg.1001328
No dumbass, of all the rumors out there, this should be the one that could be verified. Plus, if a boyfriend came to campus and didn't find a way to sit by his girlfriend, he might not be a boyfriend very long.

I don't believe there is a girlfriend at IU, but she is brought up by several friends as a reason he will pick IU. I point out that my wife and I dated but went to different universities our last 2 years. We didn't even discuss going to the same school.

Reactions: IUgradman
No dumbass, of all the rumors out there, this should be the one that could be verified. Plus, if a boyfriend came to campus and didn't find a way to sit by his girlfriend, he might not be a boyfriend very long.

I don't believe there is a girlfriend at IU, but she is brought up by several friends as a reason he will pick IU. I point out that my wife and I dated but went to different universities our last 2 years. We didn't even discuss going to the same school.

You"re right...it's not the least bit creepy that a grown man is concerned about where an 18 year old's girlfriend is going to college, and if they were sitting together. That's not even close to being a little over the line. My bad.

I listened to a podcast last night that had the New Albany radio gui on that called Romeo's games. He was talking to an unnamed source at the high school about the details of Romeo's announcement. The person was clear that IU was going to be ths choice. The radio person said he wasn't convinced until he heard this person.

I'm still curious if Romeo's girlfriend really goes to IU. If that is true, why didn't he sit with her at the games he attended?

It's becoming clear to everybody that IU will be Romeo's choice because everybody is saying that IU will be Romeo's choice.

Or, put another way, everybody is saying that IU will be Romeo's choice because it's become clear to everybody that IU will be Romeo's choice.

That is basically what we're hanging our hat on at this point. Yeah, I get it that some may be privy to more reliable info than others. And from their mouths to God's ear -- nobody hopes more than I do that Romeo will be a Hoosier.

But I don't put much stock into anything anybody is saying -- with the only exceptions being Romeo himself, his father, or I guess Jim Shannon (although he ain't gonna say a thing regardless what he does or doesn't know about where Romeo is).

And I'm sure as hell not going to allow myself to be seduced by groupthink or circular logic.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
There is intel behind that talk though. It isn’t groupthink.

How do you know that?

You don’t know it. You may hope it. You may suspect it. It may even be the case. But you don’t know it.

The select few people who actually know where RL’s thoughts are aren’t talking.

How do you know that?

You don’t know it. You may hope it. You may suspect it. It may even be the case. But you don’t know it.

The select few people who actually know where RL’s thoughts are aren’t talking.

So Jerry Meyer just pulled something out of his a$$? Doubtful.

That's laughable. Jerry Meyer's ass is like a Barney Bag full of picks and you never know what he will pull out at the last minute.
That said, I do believe Romeo is Bloomington bound.

Actually, that’s a great example to prove my point.

A guy like Jerry Meyer may have lots of contacts and all that. But he’s still only making a guess based on his own reading of tea leaves. Sometimes he turns out to be right, yes. But sometimes he’s wrong (as he was with Garland...right up to the end) — which should make anybody take what he says with a grain of salt.

You’re acting as if he got some solid “inside info” and, as such, he’s an unimpeachable source. That’s his job...to convince people of that. Anybody who actually does view him (or any other professional recruiting “guru”) this way is a sucker.

There is no actual inside info out there. And anybody who tries to convince you that there is should be taken lightly, if not altogether disregarded.

That said, I do believe Romeo is Bloomington bound.

I’m hopeful, too — but not because of anything anybody’s said based supposedly on “intel.”

I’ll pay attention to what IU, KU, and VU (as well as other recruits) are doing. I’ll pay attention to what Romeo himself is doing.

But I put almost no stock in anything anybody says. Because — unless they’re Romeo or his father or his coach — they almost certainly don’t know what they’re talking about.

Actually, that’s a great example to prove my point.

A guy like Jerry Meyer may have lots of contacts and all that. But he’s still only making a guess based on his own reading of tea leaves. Sometimes he turns out to be right, yes. But sometimes he’s wrong (as he was with Garland...right up to the end) — which should make anybody take what he says with a grain of salt.

You’re acting as if he got some solid “inside info” and, as such, he’s an unimpeachable source. That’s his job...to convince people of that. Anybody who actually does view him (or any other professional recruiting “guru”) this way is a sucker.

There is no actual inside info out there. And anybody who tries to convince you that there is should be taken lightly, if not altogether disregarded.

You don't know that. You only suspect and assume he has no inside track and is guessing. Just as some assume he does and isn't. You don't get to choose which assumption is valid.

You don't know that. You only suspect and assume he has no inside track and is guessing. Just as some assume he does and isn't. You don't get to choose which assumption is valid.

Well, yeah, the way I worded that was sloppy.

As I said in a different post above, of course it's possible that Meyer (or somebody else) actually has heard directly from the Langfords that he's an IU lean (or that it's "nearly" a done deal, or whatever). I didn't mean to suggest that wasn't possible -- but what I typed did clearly suggest that.

I'm just trying to say that (a) actions speak louder than words, (b) we haven't gotten many revealing words from the actual horse's mouth, (c) we shouldn't assume he actually knows anything, and (d) I suspect a lot of this recent "movement" on the CB and such is due a suspicion that somebody got tipped off....like the odds on a fight when the bettors suspect, rightly or wrongly, that the fix is in.

Well, yeah, the way I worded that was sloppy.

As I said in a different post above, of course it's possible that Meyer (or somebody else) actually has heard directly from the Langfords that he's an IU lean (or that it's "nearly" a done deal, or whatever). I didn't mean to suggest that wasn't possible -- but what I typed did clearly suggest that.

I'm just trying to say that (a) actions speak louder than words, (b) we haven't gotten many revealing words from the actual horse's mouth, (c) we shouldn't assume he actually knows anything, and (d) I suspect a lot of this recent "movement" on the CB and such is due a suspicion that somebody got tipped off....like the odds on a fight when the bettors suspect, rightly or wrongly, that the fix is in.
Maybe it was the action of booking his announcement in a venue in which there will inevitably be a plethora of IU fans.

Maybe it was the action of booking his announcement in a venue in which there will inevitably be a plethora of IU fans.

Are you suggesting that because he is announcing at his high school which just happens to be in close proximity to the IU fanbase, that he is announcing for Indiana? Otherwise, it appears you are suggesting that if he was going to any other school but Indiana, he would fly to some random place in the state of the school he was going to announce for such as Tennessee or Kansas.

Put another way, your comment is nonsensical.

Are you suggesting that because he is announcing at his high school which just happens to be in close proximity to the IU fanbase, that he is announcing for Indiana? Otherwise, it appears you are suggesting that if he was going to any other school but Indiana, he would fly to some random place in the state of the school he was going to announce for such as Tennessee or Kansas.

They made a point to let everyone know it was open to the public at 7 PM on a Monday. They know who will show up, they aren't stupid. It will either be IU or Romeo is a savage.

They made a point to let everyone know it was open to the public at 7 PM on a Monday. They know who will show up, they aren't stupid. It will either be IU or Romeo is a savage.

Every recruit who ever committed makes the announcement open to the public. The point of announcing is to share it with as many people as possible. If he announced it in a forrest, would anyone hear?

I think you are reading in to that too much, just because you want him to pick Indiana.

Every recruit who ever committed makes the announcement open to the public. The point of announcing is to share it with as many people as possible. If he announced it in a forrest, would anyone hear?

I think you are reading in to that too much, just because you want him to pick Indiana.
There are hardly any Kansas fans around here, I've never seen a Vandy basketball fan in my life outside of the television. Do you really think he's going to invite a bunch of Indiana fans just to pick a different school? He and his dad aren't stupid, he doesn't want people booing him at his own announcement. I don't have to read into it at all to know what the obvious choice is going to be.
(hint: he's coming to Indiana)

What we are saying that letting fans come in and having it at 7PM in front of a huge crowd is why we think it is IU. Most of the fans in the gym will be IU fans and for him to invite everyone and then announce for Vandy or KU would be very hard on him. If he was just announcing it during school with just the students it would be easier to see him choosing someone else.

Are you going to make the trip up, Kansas (you did say "Tennessee" for some reason, so I guess you're not a Vanderbilt fan)? I'm sure there may be some room in the corner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT