ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo announcing April 30th...

behold-the-endis-near-17891445.png

Someone told me today Mr Basketball is announced 4/29. Anyone know if that is true?

Do you really think Romeo won’t get Mr. Basketball if he doesn’t go to IU? When has that ever happened to a recruit? It didn’t happen to Wilkes. It didn’t happen to Lyles who DECOMMITTED from IU.

Reactions: Hoosier Manic
Someone told me today Mr Basketball is announced 4/29. Anyone know if that is true?
Yes at a banquet I do believe on the 29th, so I'm sure the nominated players will be there. So now you're going to get some people who think he's announcing the day after so he doesn't a negative reaction at the banquet and others will view it as an IU slam dunk. We'll find out in a couple weeks!

Yes at a banquet I do believe on the 29th, so I'm sure the nominated players will be there. So now you're going to get some people who think he's announcing the day after so he doesn't a negative reaction at the banquet and others will view it as an IU slam dunk. We'll find out in a couple weeks!

When has a Mr. Basketball award winner ever received a negative reception?

Oh I'm not saying that he will but I'm sure there will be some that will try to spin it that way. I don't think the timing of the announcement means anything other than he stuck to what he has been saying all along.

Do you really think Romeo won’t get Mr. Basketball if he doesn’t go to IU? When has that ever happened to a recruit? It didn’t happen to Wilkes. It didn’t happen to Lyles who DECOMMITTED from IU.
Some thought that committing to IU gave someone an advantage years ago.

I talked to former UE player and Indiana Mr. Basketball Mark Jewel about who was going to win Mr. Basketball several years ago while waiting at the Evansville Basketball Academy. I had forgotten he had won the award and went to Iowa before transferring. I was a little embarrassed but he said it was okay, and that he won in a weak year for seniors in the state. He commented it must have been weak if a player like him committing to Iowa could win.

When have they ever been this non-committal? Most announce early and any sting from not choosing an in-state program has worn off.

I'm much more concerned about my 401K and TPS Reports than where this kid goes to school. IU will be good for years to come regardless.

Reactions: cshartle123
They better be in line before noon or they will not get in the gym! :p
Imagine being the Administrators at New Albany High School. While thrilled that Romeo is making the announcement there, I do not envy the chore dealing with the crowd is gonna be.

Alit of chatter now thats its iu. My only concern is they have kept this so close to the vest where are people getting the chatter from.
The chatter is just the voices in your head. Romeo made the decision last week, and he and his family are the only ones who know.

The chatter is just the voices in your head. Romeo made the decision last week, and he and his family are the only ones who know.
Really! So you think they are going to have all the Hoosier fans show up so they can laugh at them when he chooses Vandy or Kansas. It’s open to the public so Hoosier fans will pack the High School to here him announce its Indiana

Yep! Jerry Meyer flipped from Vandy to IU.

Again, if I trusted the "experts" I'd take this as another good sign. I've seen Meyer switch predictions at the last possible moment. The kid that went to Miami just a season or two back is an example. It was all IU according to JM for the longest time, until the announcement and then the switch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT