ADVERTISEMENT

RLangford and DGarland to attend Hoosier Hysteria..

Talk about stupid.....

Just because you give them different names doesn't mean they aren't a forward.

(rolleyes)

And who is the "second post"?
It's about who they guard not where they play on offense. Those players all can guard different spots making them different players. I've seen many great 6-8 centers in college (DJ White) and many 6-8 wings as well. Height isn't always the determining factor.

I just can't agree with you. Three Sweet Sixteens kind of proves that he wasn't a moron. Nothing better proves he wasn't elite, but certainly not a moron. You state that he did less with more top talent. He was the one who got that top talent you are referring to.

Please don't misunderstand me... I am far from a Crean apologist. I'm more of a Crean realist. You can state instances where he did stupid things. And times when his players did stupid things. Yeah... I'd agree with you. That doesn't make someone a moron. Again... to be able to recruit and coach a team to three Sweet 16s in nine years proves that he had at least decent coaching ability. Just not enough to be head coach at IU.
When it came to in-game coaching he was not good. Period!

Landing both of these guys would finally expose that Tom Crean was not as good of a recruiter as people say. Everyone began to question if Indiana was still attractive, and maybe it was no longer a blue blood. If Archie lands these guys with a season or less under his belt then it will be clear that Crean was underperforming in recruiting along with all the other aspects of his job.
I always wondered why people thought Crean was a great recruiter. He only had 1 top 10 class, and couldn't keep them together. I will give him credit to getting diamonds in the rough like Victor and OG though, but I would argue they were developed once they got here. I think Crean overall was an average recruiter for a school like IU.

I always wondered why people thought Crean was a great recruiter. He only had 1 top 10 class, and couldn't keep them together. I will give him credit to getting diamonds in the rough like Victor and OG though, but I would argue they were developed once they got here. I think Crean overall was an average recruiter for a school like IU.

Virtually every coach gets "diamonds in the rough no one expected to be as good as they were" yet the Creaniacs acted like their hero was the only one to do it.

Reactions: mazz
Apparently, our in home visit with Garland went very well and his family is excited to come to Bloomington for the official visit. Looks like we have a legitimate shot.

Not according to the "real" fans who said Archie signed another 3 star forward because that spot won't be needed because we have no shot with Garland.

I can't wait to see Romeo and Garland at IU Hoosier Hysteria!
These two young men would look great as Hoosiers!
It is going to be a great night from the moment Archie's introduced in Assembly Hall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT